Sangita

Why was my case transfered?

29 posts in this topic

Hi Sangita,

Was your case transferred to Lee's Summit, Missouri? Mine was, and so were a few other petitions that were filed at the same time we filed ours. We all got NOA1s that said Vermont. Because the petitions were just received, and because there are several of us, I don't think it's because of some red flag in your background check. A senior member of VJ said it was a routing error. My suspicion as that due to case overload at Vermont, the center in Missouri has started helping out with processing of I-130s. But I don't know for sure, I am not an expert or a senior member of VJ!

best wishes and good luck!

true. Mine was sent to CSC. but then was transferred to lees summit, mo. It is because of the backlogged they are having. so NBC is helping them out. :)

i-130 for spouse

USCIS (85 days)

August 23, 2012 - Sent I-130

August 28, 2012 - NOA1 via email

September 25, 2012 - NOA1 hardcopy received

November 21, 2012 - NOA2 via email

NVC

November 29, 2012 - NVC case received (Case # not ready)

December 3, 2012 - NVC case number and IIn received

December 3, 2012 - Choice of Agent e-mail sent (DS 3032)

December 5, 2012 - AOS Bill Invoiced and Paid

December 11, 2012 - AOS Packet sent

December 12, 2012 - DS 3032 accepted

December 13, 2012 - IV Bill Invoiced

December 31, 2012 - Checklist for AOS (forgot to put N/A on part 6)

January 16, 2013 - AOS packet accepted (they are waiting for IV Fee payment)

January 25, 2013 - IV Bill paid

January 28, 2013 - IV Bill shows PAID - IV Packet sent

February 7, 2013 - IV return checklist incomplete dates on DS230

February 8, 2013 - sent checklist

February 15, 2013 - CASE COMPLETE!!

March 6, 2013 - Packet 4 received

April 1, 2013 - Interview at the USEM MANILA-APPROVED :)

Minor Daughter's I-130

January 28, 2013 - I-130 Sent

January 30, 2013 - I-130 received Phoenix, AZ

February 8, 2013 - hardcopy NOA1

April 18, 2013 - NOA2 :)

NVC

May 9, 2013 - NVC received

May 23, 2013 - Case number and IIN received

May 23, 2013 - emailed DS3032 (choice of agent)

May 28, 2013 - AOS invoiced and paid

June 5, 2013 - Ds3032 accepted

June 6, 2013 - IV FEE invoiced, Paid

June 8, 2013 - IV packet sent

June 14, 2013 - Case sent the the Embassy

Hello everyone,

My I130 petition was received at California Service Center and was given a priority date of Sept 4 for the NOA1 today I received a notice the case was transferred to Lee's Summit NBC dated Sept 13? Because now they have jurisdiction over the case and that I would be notified of subsequent action for the case. Has anyone received follow up after a transfer notice to Lee's Summit as of late?

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

My I130 petition was received at California Service Center and was given a priority date of Sept 4 for the NOA1 today I received a notice the case was transferred to Lee's Summit NBC dated Sept 13? Because now they have jurisdiction over the case and that I would be notified of subsequent action for the case. Has anyone received follow up after a transfer notice to Lee's Summit as of late?

Same for me, case update shows the following:

Our I130 sent to another office for processing because now they have jurisdiction over the case. I didnt received any letter yet...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CR-130 cases where the foreigner is in his home country are usually transferred to NBC due to various reasons. Ask yourself

Has the foreigner been petitioned before?

Are there red flags of

different ages (Is the woman older)

different religions?

previous marriages

previous petitions

kids

only met once

Does the foreigner have any legal issues in his past?

Any overstays?

Usually a transfer to NBC is a bad thing

Maybe they are starting something new but I highly doubt it

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Timeline

CR-130 cases where the foreigner is in his home country are usually transferred to NBC due to various reasons. Ask yourself

Has the foreigner been petitioned before?

Are there red flags of

different ages (Is the woman older)

different religions?

previous marriages

previous petitions

kids

only met once

Does the foreigner have any legal issues in his past?

Any overstays?

Usually a transfer to NBC is a bad thing

Maybe they are starting something new but I highly doubt it

I am not sure what to say reading some of people thoughts/guess, as above mentioned. I dont know how you know all this? unless you work for them or just provided info what you been reading on web. I seen few posts today which saying most of the cases from AUG and SEP2012 been forward to new offices.. so if we go with your post then most of the people will be with red flag?....?

Answer to your post now.

We are with same age.

We have wedding party and have evidence

we have same religion

I am divorced and provided court papaer

In some countries people never meet in person and they just get married (Arranged Marrige): example...Pakistan/maybe some part of india..Bangladesh... those guys always get approved...

Please stop putting so much negtive info.... I can agree with a little part of it but not with most..

Edited by IT_1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ok

Let us know how your interview goes.

I hope I am wrong

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

I am not sure what to say reading some of people thoughts/guess, as above mentioned. I dont know how you know all this? unless you work for them or just provided info what you been reading on web. I seen few posts today which saying most of the cases from AUG and SEP2012 been forward to new offices.. so if we go with your post then most of the people will be with red flag?....?

Answer to your post now.

We are with same age.

We have wedding party and have evidence

we have same religion

I am divorced and provided court papaer

In some countries people never meet in person and they just get married (Arranged Marrige): example...Pakistan/maybe some part of india..Bangladesh... those guys always get approved...

Please stop putting so much negtive info.... I can agree with a little part of it but not with most..

Reading your reply makes me feel soooo much better. I have been stressing a lot over the fact that my I-130 (submitted sept 6, 2012) for my husband was also transferred to NBC last week. I can't think of why they would want an interview. My husband and I do have an age gap, but that didn't matter since we fell in love with each other (Besides, even the USA has celebrities who get married with GIANT age gaps so why would that be an issue for others?). We have the same wedding, same evidence, same religion. It would be amazingly upsetting if they do call ALL of us for interviews because some "red flag" went up for them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just got a letter from USCIS also which says transfer notice. last week, i got my NO A1, this week i got another letter transferring it to the same place Lee's summit,Mo. I think they are transferring the recent applications due to lot of petition in Vermont. I'm worried also , but i hope thats the case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i am having the same problems, but i found this out you can check it also http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/230329-i-130-approved-then-received-a-letter-that-case-is-transferred-to-nbc/

i hope it will solve all your problems

what concerns them about the age gap, will they be the one to live our life for us. i am really worried about this NBC things.

I don't know why age gap would matter...especially in this generation, but someone on a different post said that it might raise red flags. However, I don't think the reason our cases have been going to the NBC is for that. I think the reason is because VSC and CSC are so behind with pending cases, NBC is helping out (which is a good thing). At least, that's what I've been hearing a lot now. I know that everyone who has been transferred to NBC lately has been freaking out (including me) because usually that means a bad thing, but hopefully in this case, it's a good thing so we get processed faster and not for petitioner interviews!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't know why age gap would matter...especially in this generation, but someone on a different post said that it might raise red flags. However, I don't think the reason our cases have been going to the NBC is for that. I think the reason is because VSC and CSC are so behind with pending cases, NBC is helping out (which is a good thing). At least, that's what I've been hearing a lot now. I know that everyone who has been transferred to NBC lately has been freaking out (including me) because usually that means a bad thing, but hopefully in this case, it's a good thing so we get processed faster and not for petitioner interviews!

We just filed our petition and also have a notice of transfer. I'm guessing its going to NBC. I don't think its a bad thing. We have no red flags in our case and are living together even.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

please read the link in my signature it will explain that as of AUg 15, 2012 stand alone I130's will start being processed at local offices to help with service center backlog.

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

please read the link in my signature it will explain that as of AUg 15, 2012 stand alone I130's will start being processed at local offices to help with service center backlog.

There is this bulletin from today as well.

**Workload Transfer from Service Centers to Field Operations

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services sent this bulletin at 10/01/2012 03:27 PM EDT

USCIS wants to notify customers and stakeholders that some work that USCIS performs at the four USCIS service centers (Vermont, Nebraska, Texas and California) will be transferred to a Field Office or the National Benefits Center (NBC) in order to balance the overall workload with processing capacity.

http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USDHSCIS-55a3ec

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.