pattyboy

I-130, I-485 interview and approval

24 posts in this topic

Just returned from interview this morning and interviewer here in Seattle approved BOTH the I-130 AND the I-485. Green card will be mailed, but also stamped wife's passport with "temporary" green card (big red stamp he filled out).

Went very fast; just wanted us to raise our right hands and then explored how we met and where we live etc. Looked at our combined lease and a few bank statements, our insurance statement and that was about it, followed by routine questions for the 485 e.g. have you ever been arrested, engaged in prostitution, part of a militia etc, etc.

We are SOOOO FREAKING HAPPY!!!

Don't know how to insert timeline but Received date in Chicago lockbox was May 30 so less than 90 days from them getting application to APPROVAL!!! No RFEs, but we resubmitted paperwork a few times after getting contradictory scheduling/processing messages from them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):star::dance:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just returned from interview this morning and interviewer here in Seattle approved BOTH the I-130 AND the I-485. Green card will be mailed, but also stamped wife's passport with "temporary" green card (big red stamp he filled out).

Went very fast; just wanted us to raise our right hands and then explored how we met and where we live etc. Looked at our combined lease and a few bank statements, our insurance statement and that was about it, followed by routine questions for the 485 e.g. have you ever been arrested, engaged in prostitution, part of a militia etc, etc.

Don't know how to insert timeline but Received date in Chicago lockbox was May 30 so less than 90 days from them getting application to APPROVAL!!! No RFEs, but we resubmitted paperwork a few times after getting contradictory scheduling/processing messages from them.

seems your case is very simple...

so thats all the question asked???

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Just had interview for I-130 and I-485 for the little missus and went well. 551 stamped in passport and green card expected within a few weeks.

NOA Chicago lockbox May 29, 2012 to approval today...90 days!!! :dance::dance::dance:

seems your case is very simple...

so thats all the question asked???

It did seem very, VERY simple to me though we had a mountain of paperwork like shared lease, joint account statements, health and auto insurance policies with both our names and addresses.

The biggest thing he focused on was how we met, when we became romantically involved etc. I'm 51 and she is 22 and he made a comment about that being a reason for him to focus on legitimacy of our relationship, but the comment was made AFTER we answered his questions and he seemed to make the comment only to justify why he asked us questions to begin with, lol ("but that - age difference - is not any issue because you two obviously share many things in common")

:dance::dance::dance:

Just had interview for I-130 and I-485 for the little missus and went well. 551 stamped in passport and green card expected within a few weeks.

NOA Chicago lockbox May 29, 2012 to approval today...90 days!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Would be great if you can share you interview experience .

congratulations

Congratulations and celebrations (F)

K1 Visa - Dates in UK format

02/05/2012 I-129F Sent
07/05/2012 I-129F NOA1
02/11/2012 I-129F NOA2
14/11/2012 NVC Left
29/11/2012 Packet 3 Received
07/12/2012 Medical
12/12/2012 Packet 3 Sent
30/01/2013 Packet 4 Received
20/02/2013 Interview Date - Approved!
28/02/2013 Visa Received
03/06/2013 US Entry smile.png

22/06/2013 Marriage (Beautiful day) heart.gifrose.gif

AOS & EAD - Dates in US format

07/29/2013 Filing date

08/06/2013 NOA1

08/28/2013 Biometrics Apt

06/23/2014 Green Card

It did seem simple to me though we had a mountain of paperwork like shared lease, joint account statements, health and auto insurance policies with both our names and addresses.

The biggest thing he focused on was how we met, when we became romantically involved etc. I'm 51 and she is 22 and he made a comment about that being a reason for him to focus on legitimacy of our relationship, but the comment was made AFTER we answered his questions and he seemed to make the comment only to justify why he asked us questions to begin with, lol ("but that - age difference - is not any issue because you two obviously share many things in common")

First off they want you to know they are serious, advising you they are reviewing and interviewing to evaluate the legitimacy of the petition and will be looking at documents and asking a number of questions. Then, please stand and raise your right hand, taking an oath to tell the truth and noting but the truth.

We stayed calm and repeated what was the truth and to be honest, what we had rehearsed a bit as most people forget...even anniversaries, lol.

Funny moment when he was asking her history, like was she a criminal, prostitute, terrorist etc...had you ever been part of a militia...had you ever fired weapons or guns..."NO" she replied and then I had to interject, well, yes, I have taken her shooting a number of times to which he/interviewer was satisfied she was not running around central africa shooting weapons with a militia

:dance: :dance: :dance:

It did seem simple to me though we had a mountain of paperwork like shared lease, joint account statements, health and auto insurance policies with both our names and addresses.

First off they want you to know they are serious, advising you they are reviewing and interviewing to evaluate the legitimacy of the petition and will be looking at documents and asking a number of questions. Then, please stand and raise your right hand, taking an oath to tell the truth and noting but the truth.

We stayed calm and repeated what was the truth and to be honest, what we had rehearsed a bit as most people forget...even anniversaries, lol.

Funny moment when he was asking her history, like was she a criminal, prostitute, terrorist etc...had you ever been part of a militia...had you ever fired weapons or guns..."NO" she replied and then I had to interject, well, yes, I have taken her shooting a number of times to which he/interviewer was satisfied she was not running around central africa shooting weapons with a militia

:dance: :dance: :dance:

That's awesome best of luck to you both

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from CR-1 to AOS Progress Report ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

CONGATULATIONS!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Wait for GC in mail should not take longer... mine it took 7days after my interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.