X Factor

Cannabis smoking 'permanently lowers IQ'

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Now they have vaporizers. You take one puff and you will not even know you hit anything (but still get high as a kite).

Or edibles.

Or pills.

Or e-vaporizers laced with wax. "These electronic joints vaporize cartridges filled with wax. They include two vaporizing units, one charger, and two pre-filled cartridges. Re-fill cartridges are also available. Also available in a variety of colors."

Ewaxjoints.JPG

Most hippies can't afford that stuff. Now they smoke the buds in crack pipes. That seems to be the latest thing. Funniest thing I ever saw last Saturday, was all these gray haired hippies hitting their glass tubes non-stop. One of my friends tells me, "I got three pounds laying around at the house, mostly shake. I use it for cooking."

I try to stay upwind at these extended family social events, as we put another pothead in the ground who died from colon and liver cancer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Compared to tobacco cigarette smokers, people who smoke marijuana typically:

•Inhale more smoke (two-thirds larger puff volume);

•Inhale the smoke deeper into the lungs (one-third greater depth of inhalation);

•Hold the smoke in the lungs for longer time periods (up to four times longer).

This results in the lungs being exposed to:

•Greater amounts of carbon monoxide and other smoke irritants;

•Greater retention of tar in the respiratory tract.

http://adai.washington.edu/marijuana/factsheets/tobacco.htm

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not everyone smokes weed like they do cigarettes. You know this right, it is common knowledge.

Not everyone does it like this:

558716_427259923992959_1331081135_n.jpg

i was gonna challenge that statement, but then i got high.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

•Inhale the smoke deeper into the lungs (one-third greater depth of inhalation);

http://adai.washingt...ets/tobacco.htm

Cigarettes are more addictive than heroin. Go to a hospital and see the misery. Ask them what caused their body and lungs to decay.

I've never seen an old man walking with an oxygen tank tell me: "young man, if I can tell you one habit never to take up, please do not start smoking weed!"

I do not think there is a single person in America that by the age of 25 has not had a close relative die from smoking cigarettes.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/health_and_academics/pdf/alcohol_other_drug.pdf

The Surgeon General's Warning on Marijuana

The Surgeon General of the Public Health Service has issued the following warning on marijuana:

Marijuana use is a major public health problem in the United States. In the past 20 years, its' use has increased 30-fold; it is estimated that more than a quarter of the American population has used it. The age at which persons first use marijuana has decreased gradually to the junior high school years. Until recently, nearly 11% of high school seniors used it, and although that figure has declined to 7%, its daily use still exceeds that of alcohol; more high school seniors use marijuana than smoke cigarettes. In a recent study, 32% of those surveyed had used marijuana during the previous 30 days, while 25% had smoked tobacco.

On March 24, 1982, the Department of Health and Human Services submitted to Congress a report reviewing the consequences of marijuana use. Marijuana and Health, 1982, ninth in a series, is primarily based on two recently conducted, comprehensive, scientific reviews by the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences, the Canadian Addiction Research Foundation, and the World Health Organization (WHO). Both independent reviews corroborate the Public Health Service's findings of health hazards associated with marijuana use: Acute intoxication with marijuana interferes with many aspects of mental functioning and has serious, acute effects on perception and skilled performance, such as driving and other complex tasks involving judgement or fine motor skills.

Among the known or suspected chronic effects of marijuana are:

short-term memory impairment and slowness of learning.

impaired lung function similar to that found in cigarette smokers. Indications are that more serious effects, such as cancer and other lung disease, follow extended use.

decreased sperm count and sperm motility.

interference with ovulation and pre-natal development.

impaired immune response.

possible adverse effects on heart function.

by-products of marijuana remaining in body fat for several weeks, with unknown consequences. The storage of these by-products increases the possiblilties for chronic, as well as residual, effects on performance, even after the acute reaction to the drug has worn off. Of special concern are the long-term developmental effects in

children and adolescents, who are particularly vulnerable to the drug's behavioral and psychological effects. The "amotivational syndrome," characterized by a pattern of energy loss, diminished school performance, harmed parental relationships, and other behavorial disruptions, has been associated with prolonged marijuana use by young persons. Although more research is required, recent national surveys report that 40% of heavy users experience some or all of those symptoms.

The Public Health Service concludes that marijuana has a broad range of psychological and biological effects, many of which are dangerous and harmful to health, and it supports the major conclusion of the National Academy of Sciences' Institute of Medicine.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00001143.htm

Hasn't been rescinded by Obama yet. How come?

And here is the kicker:

That makes marijuana use a more significant health problem than tobacco use.

Edited by The Patriot

http://adai.washingt...ets/tobacco.htm

compared to tobacco smokers marijuana smokers are 6 times more likely to

Eat a whole jar of Jif super crunchy Peanut butter while watching the roadrunner re runs all morning

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Forget the effect on the IQ. Focus on the lung cancer, emphysema and cardiovascular disease

Are you advocating that we make all substances that are bad for you illegal? Or just the ones you don't like? Smoke free zones make sense because second hand smoke affects bystanders. Keeping marijuana illegal makes no sense, regardless of any negative consequences since we don't regulate or outlaw alcohol, for example, which by far, has done more harm to more people's health, adding substantial costs to healthcare every year. You should visit your local hospital's ICU unit and see how many people are on life support for weeks on end because of alcohol consumption. Stop vilifying marijuana as if it is any more dangerous, because it isn't even close to alcohol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I've never heard of MAMS (Mothers Againsts Marijuana Smokers).

There is a group called MADD because every day over 30 people are killed because of drunk drivers, in America.

Edited by ☠

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Stop picking on Steven.

But he brings it upon himself. Never, not once has he ever budged from biased, baiting perspectives. IE, never even hinting at being fallible.

Everyone else is but a mere mortal and wrong.

:innocent::whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif