GeloSandra

police certificate in foreign country

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

heloo vj member,i would to ask something,.

i was working before in kuala lumpur malaysia for 2 years (2009-2010) i was a bit confused cause i heard some says consul will ask the police clearance in other country where you work before.. is this true?? i will be having my interview in 2 weeks time.. hope you can help me guys.. thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i was working before in kuala lumpur malaysia for 2 years (2009-2010) i was a bit confused cause i heard some says consul will ask the police clearance in other country where you work before.. is this true?? i will be having my interview in 2 weeks time.. hope you can help me guys.. thanks!

A Police Certificate from every country you have lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 16. Si yes you need one from there.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

A Police Certificate from every country you have lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 16. Si yes you need one from there.

:( so i need to go there to get my police clearance?.. this is so sad..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:( so i need to go there to get my police clearance?.. this is so sad..

Check there website and see if you can order or if they can directly send to embassy. But check or call.

Here you go.

http://malaysia.usembassy.gov/police_cert.html

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Check there website and see if you can order or if they can directly send to embassy. But check or call.

Here you go.

http://malaysia.usembassy.gov/police_cert.html

thank you so much but this made my day so sad.. in 2 weeks time ill be having my interview..:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi GeloSandra :) ! I had really experienced being asked by the Filipino pre-screener & the American Consul Officer to submit :( to them my Police Clearance/Certificate from Dubai,United Arab Emirates during my Interview though we had research it with my Fiance before my scheduled Interview that I don't :no: Need to present to the US Embassy such certificate from UAE for am not presently residing there or working there anymore for it was 7 years ago(year 2002-2005).You better research it here on VJ or in Malaysian Embassy if such Police certificate would be given to a Visa Applicant even if He/She Isn't working or residing this time in Malaysia. Maybe it depends then on the rules of every country for in UAE, its okay to have no Police clearance.Some Embassy personnel are not that knowledgeable on certain rules of other countries that's why if ever you know things regarding your case you better insist :protest: it during the Interview for it had made me have a hard time dealing with the Filipino Pre-screener for he was that stubborn :bonk: to check my case and was just good with saying that he would research about it with the fact that I've already informed him about such case still he passed on the ignorance :unsure: to the American Consul Officer, it's a shame that some of the US Embassy personnel aren't that aware :unsure: of special cases regarding about such Police clearances of other countries in connection with the Visa processing.

Edited by ddnpinky

01/09/2012 - Sent to TSC

01/10/2012 - Received by TSC, transferred to VSC

01/13/2012 - check cleared bank and email from USCIS

01/17/2012 - NOA from VSC Receipt # notice no case #

Timeline

Hi GeloSandra :) ! I had really experienced being asked by the Filipino pre-screener & the American Consul Officer to submit :( to them my Police Clearance/Certificate from Dubai,United Arab Emirates during my Interview though we had research it with my Fiance before my scheduled Interview that I don't :no: Need to present to the US Embassy such certificate from UAE for am not presently residing there or working there anymore for it was 7 years ago(year 2002-2005).You better research it here on VJ or in Malaysian Embassy if such Police certificate would be given to a Visa Applicant if He/She Isn't working or residing this time in Malaysia. Maybe it depends then on the rules of every country for in UAE, its okay to have no Police clearance.Some Embassy personnel are not that knowledgeable on certain rules of other countries that's why if ever you know things regarding your case you better insist :protest: it during the Interview for it had made me have a hard time dealing with the Filipino Pre-screener for he was that stubborn :bonk: to check my case and was just good with saying that he would research about it with he fact that I've already informed him about such case still he passed on the ignorance :unsure: to the American Consul Officer, it's a shame that some of the US Embassy personnel aren't that aware of special cases regarding about such Police clearances of other countries in connection with the Visa processing.

hello ate, that was im thingking.. cause that was 2 years ago,and my case was cr1 visa.. i was really confused cause ill be having my interview in 2 weeks time.. and nka recieve kmi ng checklist that was the police certififcate given here in philippines was recieve and accepted as meeting post requirements.cause s immigrant visa part 1 and 2 indicate ko dun that i was working there before, so ate if need ko un police certificate from other country i should recieve a checklist that time regardingf my police clearance right..?..:/ hayyyy i was really confused.. god help me

Hello, I found this topic for you http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/117220-police-reports-clearance-from-additional-countries/

Please refer to post number 14, do not know though if its still in effect since the post is 4 years ago... I suggest that you contact them or start the process of applying for the police certificate in case in your interview they will require it and have to send it to them (form 221g), at least the waiting period will be shorter.

The police certificate is necessary its included in the documents that they require as per letter g of this document http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2.pdf

Goodluck to your journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Helo Again GeloSandra :) ! Tama ang comment ni HarveyAndTheresa :thumbs: .You better contact the Malaysian Embassy and inquire about it (through the link given by HarveyAndTheresa) if they are really obliged to give you the Police Certificate.Please request for that cert.as soon as you can para makaya mo pang mahabol yung Clearance mo sa scheduled time ng Interview mo. Pasensiya na,Di ko talaga alam ang tungkol sa patakaran ng Malaysian embassy concerning sa Visa requirements ng US Embassy dahil ang alam ko lang ay tungkol sa Dubai.Anyway I hope pareha sana sa akin ang case mo na Di mo na kailangang magsubmit ng Police Clearance since you are not presently working or staying in that place para no need ka ng mahassle.Best of Luck sa Visa Approval mo!

01/09/2012 - Sent to TSC

01/10/2012 - Received by TSC, transferred to VSC

01/13/2012 - check cleared bank and email from USCIS

01/17/2012 - NOA from VSC Receipt # notice no case #

Timeline

Hello, I found this topic for you http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/117220-police-reports-clearance-from-additional-countries/

Please refer to post number 14, do not know though if its still in effect since the post is 4 years ago... I suggest that you contact them or start the process of applying for the police certificate in case in your interview they will require it and have to send it to them (form 221g), at least the waiting period will be shorter.

The police certificate is necessary its included in the documents that they require as per letter g of this document http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2.pdf

Goodluck to your journey!

hello there, but im a cr 1 visa.. im soo confused right now..:/

Timeline

Helo Again GeloSandra :) ! Tama ang comment ni HarveyAndTheresa :thumbs: .You better contact the Malaysian Embassy and inquire about it (through the link given by HarveyAndTheresa) if they are really obliged to give you the Police Certificate.Please request for that cert.as soon as you can para makaya mo pang mahabol yung Clearance mo sa scheduled time ng Interview mo. Pasensiya na,Di ko talaga alam ang tungkol sa patakaran ng Malaysian embassy concerning sa Visa requirements ng US Embassy dahil ang alam ko lang ay tungkol sa Dubai.Anyway I hope pareha sana sa akin ang case mo na Di mo na kailangang magsubmit ng Police Clearance since you are not presently working or staying in that place para no need ka ng mahassle.Best of Luck sa Visa Approval mo!

hello ate,i dont think n maihahabol ko..:/ kasi ate nka recieve nmn kmi ng checklist nung huli bgo matapos s nvc,that they waiting for my hubby aos to complete the case in nvc,regarding that if my kulang kmi db dapat n indicate nila s checklist un.. hayy sna ate mging smooth ang lhat i only have 2 weeks left..:(

hello there, but im a cr 1 visa.. im soo confused right now..:/

As far as I know they also require police certificates from other country with the CR1... as long as you stayed in the country for more than 6 months, unless that particular country has a law on how long should you stay there before they can give you a police certificate...

If you need more help and has an FB account, you can join in this group... http://www.facebook.com/groups/211136955590279/

There might be members there who can help you...

Goodluck again!

hello ate,i dont think n maihahabol ko..:/ kasi ate nka recieve nmn kmi ng checklist nung huli bgo matapos s nvc,that they waiting for my hubby aos to complete the case in nvc,regarding that if my kulang kmi db dapat n indicate nila s checklist un.. hayy sna ate mging smooth ang lhat i only have 2 weeks left..:(

You can still go to the interview as planned, if they require the police certificate from Malaysia, they will issue you a form 221g stating as such... just do the research now on how to obtain it in case you need it later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.