Mr. Big Dog

Romney disses Walmart

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Okay. And?

How do "most people" *have* to shop at Walmart? Do "most people" not live near any other stores?

Has nothing to do with the customers or how they look. I couldn't care less about that. Has everything to do with poor employee treatment, poor customer service, disgusting facilities.

Oh, you used the facilities there. You should know better. I always stop by the Sports Authority next door my Walmart to take a piss.

Don't you think it is rather superior of him to insult it? Most Americans shop there, that doesn't mean anyone finds it "pleasant", as you put it.

No. I don't, actually.

Who cares if he doesn't like Walmart? Plenty of people don't like it. How is this an issue?

Oh, you used the facilities there. You should know better. I always stop by the Sports Authority next door my Walmart to take a piss.

I do my best to avoid all public bathrooms, but yeah. I've made that mistake, unfortunately. :(

And when I told the customer service manager on the floor that the bathrooms were in really bad shape, she said "I know" and walked away. :lol:

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay. And?

How do "most people" *have* to shop at Walmart? Do "most people" not live near any other stores?

Not that I care where "most people" shop ... I was simply stating why I don't go there.

Mostly because people can't afford to shop at smaller, more expensive grocery stores for food. What about affordable clothing?

Other reasons are that there are a very limited amount of those stores here and in many other places. Target does not sell fresh produce and they are few and far between. There is no Costco. There is no wholefoods, trader joes or anything like that. What if you need other items like hardware, kitchen appliances, sporting goods, affordable furniture? Where would these people go?

Edited by rocks

Mostly because people can't afford to shop at smaller, more expensive grocery stores for food. What about affordable clothing?

Other reasons are that there are a very limited amount of those stores here and in many other places. Target does not sell fresh produce and they are few and far between. There is no Costco. There is no wholefoods, trader joes or anything like that. What if you need other items like hardware, kitchen appliances, sporting goods, affordable furniture? Where would these people go?

I agree that some people don't have other options.

I'm disagreeing with your use of MOST people. I don't think MOST people have no other option than Walmart.

Anyway, like I said, I don't care if people go to Walmart. I simply said I chose not to.

So Mittens doesn't like Walmart. If he said he did, it's not like anyone was going to say "Oh, he IS a regular guy after all!" He's way past that and everyone knows he isn't. So who cares.

Timeline

I agree that some people don't have other options.

I'm disagreeing with your use of MOST people. I don't think MOST people have no other option than Walmart.

Anyway, like I said, I don't care if people go to Walmart. I simply said I chose not to.

So Mittens doesn't like Walmart. If he said he did, it's not like anyone was going to say "Oh, he IS a regular guy after all!" He's way past that and everyone knows he isn't. So who cares.

You might think there are other options, but for many there aren't. Just because you have other options does not mean others do too. Even if they do have options, many cannot afford to shop elsewhere.

Romney has said time and time again that he is a "regular" person. If you had actually read about this story you would know he also made pancakes to try and seem "regular". Regular people go to Walmart. The reason this was a bad move is pretty obvious.

Funny how people go to Walmart to buy ####### made in China, then ###### about their jobs going to China.

Gotta agree with you there. :lol:

You might think there are other options, but for many there aren't. Just because you have other options does not mean others do too. Even if they do have options, many cannot afford to shop elsewhere.

Romney has said time and time again that he is a "regular" person. If you had actually read about this story you would know he also made pancakes to try and seem "regular". Regular people go to Walmart. The reason this was a bad move is pretty obvious.

Gotta agree with you there. :lol:

I did read this story. You always assume that if someone disagrees with you, they aren't as informed as you are, and usually that's incorrect.

Of course he says he's a regular person. I don't think many people are buying it, and they weren't buying it LONG before he decided to not like Walmart.

Timeline

I did read this story. You always assume that if someone disagrees with you, they aren't as informed as you are, and usually that's incorrect.

Of course he says he's a regular person. I don't think many people are buying it, and they weren't buying it LONG before he decided to not like Walmart.

No, I don't assume that. Nice assumption though. You questioned why it was a problem, I explained why. There is no need to get snooty.

X 10... (I wish I could give you one thousand kudos)

Me too. Finally mawilson and I agree on something. :dance:

No, I don't assume that. Nice assumption though. You questioned why it was a problem, I explained why. There is no need to get snooty.

Then I must be reading your posts wrong.

Your posts usually consist of a line like "If you'd actually READ about this... " or "If you knew anything about this..." - that sounds assuming to me.

You tell people what they DON'T know all the time. :lol:

But okay, I must be making it up. My mistake.

Edited by Evylin

Timeline

Then I must be reading your posts wrong.

Your posts usually consist of a line like "If you'd actually READ about this... " or "If you knew anything about this..." - that sounds assuming to me.

You tell people what they DON'T know all the time. :lol:

But okay, I must be making it up. My mistake.

Yes, you are reading it wrong. It seemed to me that you hadn't read about the story because you couldn't figure out why this was an issue for Romney. It was really quite simple. You continue with your bad attitude, perhaps you should take your own advice.

Yes, you are reading it wrong. It seemed to me that you hadn't read about the story because you couldn't figure out why this was an issue for Romney. It was really quite simple. You continue with your bad attitude, perhaps you should take your own advice.

I don't have a bad attitude. I'm allowed to disagree with you. Your opinion isn't fact, no matter how much you try to present it as such.

I don't think it's a big deal that Romney doesn't like Walmart. Sorry that offends you or leads you to believe I don't know what I'm talking about.