mfa

Peru

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Where should I post for info on Peru CR-1 interview questions?

Not much in the portal.

Not much in the embassy reviews.

Specifically, I am interested in evidence of marriage. Do we really need sworn affidavits from people and tons of photos?

Or is Peruvian marriage certificate enough and a few photos?

Also, we met online.

Is that a red flag?

What do you suggest for Peru?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

If you follow the template on the VJ wiki...sworn affidavits can actually be the easiest part. However, concrete evidence (insurance, leases, bank statements) is supposedly stronger than any persons heresay. As far as I can tell, a ton of couples met online and have success stories, but I can´t personally speak to that.

Also, most VJers are willing to help. Perhaps check out the list of Peruvian couples and send them a private message?

Edited by jessicaruizw

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also, update your profile information. Make sure to put Peru as the country of non-US citizen. Then your posts will appear in the Peru portal and will be seen there by others going through the process from Peru.

Did you get NOA1 yet?

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Also, update your profile information. Make sure to put Peru as the country of non-US citizen. Then your posts will appear in the Peru portal and will be seen there by others going through the process from Peru.

Did you get NOA1 yet?

Im not sure what an NOA! is.

We got two packets the other day.

One says "packet 3."

The other says "packet 4."

Within one is interview date.

We are doing DCF here in Peru.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My wife and I went through the K1 visa process in Lima, Peru and it was a good experience. The best information I can give you is follow the templates and bring a lot of photos and affidavits suggested to be given at your interview.

I found that the last experience in Lima was with my wife's visa expired and her extension letter was lost. We met a gentleman who had been to the US Embassy 3 times to try to get his daughter to be a US citizen and this time he finally had everything to make it happen that time. Make a list of all the documents you need and double check your documents before going to the Embassy to make sure you have everything.

My wife and I met online and this was not a problem.

My wife and I went through the K1 visa process in Lima, Peru and it was a good experience. The best information I can give you is follow the templates and bring a lot of photos and affidavits suggested to be given at your interview.

I found that the last experience in Lima was with my wife's visa expired and her extension letter was lost. We met a gentleman who had been to the US Embassy 3 times to try to get his daughter to be a US citizen and this time he finally had everything to make it happen that time. Make a list of all the documents you need and double check your documents before going to the Embassy to make sure you have everything.

My wife and I met online and this was not a problem.

A "lot" of affidavits???

You mean I've got to get a group of people together and march them into a notary?

I can see why affidavits might be popular for fiances...but for spouses with marriage certificates too???

Also, I don't remember seeing affidavits mentioned anywhere in the packets they sent us with a list of documents to obtain.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Mexico, Latin & South America regional forum; OP is asking for Peru specific answers.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

A "lot" of affidavits???

You mean I've got to get a group of people together and march them into a notary?

I can see why affidavits might be popular for fiances...but for spouses with marriage certificates too???

Also, I don't remember seeing affidavits mentioned anywhere in the packets they sent us with a list of documents to obtain.

I believe we had 3 certified letters from friends of ours write about our marriage and then take them to the local notary, then we went and picked them up. Visa Journey has a link on how to put packets together to help us out and I followed them as much as I could. My wife and I went through the K1 visa process and my wife now has her 10 year green card. This website and the information it provides is priceless for those of us going through this process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.