all for God

11months now,still waiting for NOA2- under security check

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Its 11months month and still waiting.we have contact congressman,called every week.but the response is still to waiting.our petition was with CSC initially and later transferred to vermont after 5months.it s now been with vermont since 6months ago.my noa1 date is sept15 2011.I sent an email lastmonth and is was the reply I got today:

Good Morning,

We received your email message and we are reviewing your inquiry.

As you have been told previously, the processing of the petition/application has been delayed. All petitions and applications received by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services are required to have routine security checks. This is resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions and applications. We have no control over how long these security checks will take; therefore, we cannot determine when they will be completed.

Pls has any one ever been through this?or any1 in the same situation.how long can the security check take before completion.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Its 11months and still waiting for my NOA2.we have contact congressman,called every week.but the response is still to waiting.our petition was with CSC initially and later transferred to vermont after 5months.it s now been with vermont since 6months ago.my noa1 date is sept15 2011.I sent an email lastmonth and this was the reply I got today:

Good Morning,

As you have been told previously, the processing of the petition/application has been delayed. All petitions and applications received by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services are required to have routine security checks. This is resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions and applications. We have no control over how long these security checks will take; therefore, we cannot determine when they will be completed.

Pls has any one ever been through this?or any1 in the same situation.how long can the security check take before completion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get some sort of conclusion to this matter soon. :(

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Its 11months month and still waiting.we have contact congressman,called every week.but the response is still to waiting.our petition was with CSC initially and later transferred to vermont after 5months.it s now been with vermont since 6months ago.my noa1 date is sept15 2011.I sent an email lastmonth and is was the reply I got today:

Good Morning,

We are on the same boat..Ours was filed Sept. 16, 2011 and was transferred to Vermont on Sept. 23, 2011. Until now we don't hear anything from them. We have done all ways possible just to get info from them. Our latest and last person we emailed was the Ombudsman just 2 weeks ago. We are crossing our fingers and hoping we could get some decent answer from them

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

I guess all we have to do is to wait and pray.pls update if there is any news.

Yes i think so.

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My application has also been pending at VSC since November 14th.

I have called numerous times, placed service requests to no avail.

I also contacted my local congressman's office and eventually our applications got approved to be expedited.

But apparently that doesn't mean much as that was about 6 weeks ago.

About 2 weeks ago I wrote an email to the VSC asking why it was taking so long. The response said I should wait another 6 months and if I haven't heard anything then give them a call!!!

I nearly had a heart attack.

It is ridiculous. I actually called again yesterday and nearly flipped out on the phone so I had to hang up.

It is a maddening process. I feel your pain.

All we can do is hope it comes today!

My application has also been pending at VSC since November 14th.

I have called numerous times, placed service requests to no avail.

I also contacted my local congressman's office and eventually our applications got approved to be expedited.

But apparently that doesn't mean much as that was about 6 weeks ago.

About 2 weeks ago I wrote an email to the VSC asking why it was taking so long. The response said I should wait another 6 months and if I haven't heard anything then give them a call!!!

I nearly had a heart attack.

It is ridiculous. I actually called again yesterday and nearly flipped out on the phone so I had to hang up.

It is a maddening process. I feel your pain.

All we can do is hope it comes today!

We are the few unlucky ones. It is not fair but there's nothing much we can do about it but pray, sit and wait..

Edited by Vic20r

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are on the same boat..Ours was filed Sept. 16, 2011 and was transferred to Vermont on Sept. 23, 2011. Until now we don't hear anything from them. We have done all ways possible just to get info from them. Our latest and last person we emailed was the Ombudsman just 2 weeks ago. We are crossing our fingers and hoping we could get some decent answer from them

Oh my god. It took TWO YEARS to process your CR1? That is completely unacceptable. I filed on July 25th 2013 and got an RFE in Nov after having my case transferred from the Missouri Service Center to the Texas Service Center. At the end of Jan 2014, they said my approval is awaiting a security check. This is ridiculous. A security check on who? USCIS is screwed up and we need to demand accountability from the head of USCIS. Alejandro stated his mission was to streamline USCIS and the exact opposite has happened.

Vermont is hardly doing any I130's. If you've been pending more than a year, first contact the USCIS through all possible means: Infopass, Ombudsman, phone call, contact senators and congress people, put in a service request. Document each step. If you still have not gotten movement on your case, retain a lawyer and file a Writ of Mandamus. They can take a while to process your case, but since Congress has defined an appropriate time frame as 180 days, once they go over twice that, after having done everything possible to resolve your case, a Writ is your last recourse. Go google it. Do some research. 2 years is way too long.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Oh my god. It took TWO YEARS to process your CR1? That is completely unacceptable. I filed on July 25th 2013 and got an RFE in Nov after having my case transferred from the Missouri Service Center to the Texas Service Center. At the end of Jan 2014, they said my approval is awaiting a security check. This is ridiculous. A security check on who? USCIS is screwed up and we need to demand accountability from the head of USCIS. Alejandro stated his mission was to streamline USCIS and the exact opposite has happened.

Yes, it was really a long wait. I was glad that i have a lot of patience and a very supportive husband....and it's worth the wait...smile.png

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.