Team Masters

Consulate Interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello to all,

Matthew and I are in the final stages of the visa process now. We received our NOA2 on July 18 and had the packet three e-mail sent to us on July 31. We sent it to the consulate on Aug 14 after we recieved the police certificate and all of our papers were completed etc.

WE just received packet 4 and the interview date today for October 2 which is six weeks away. After looking at the people in a similar time frame with us we were hoping for a sooner date because others have seemed to be getting their interview about a week or two after sending out packet 3.

We are disappointed to say the least. We had started to plan our wedding date for Oct 14 and at this point it does not look like that will be possible.

Does anyone know if e-mailing them and asking to be moved up help at all? Does anyone know for what reasons that they may bring the date up? We know it is situational and are just looking for some guidance with this before we send them an e-mail asking to be moved up

Thanks again

One Half of Team Masters

Edited by Team Masters

Our Timeless Journey

1/10/2012 - Matthew's trip to Cincinnati :)

1/21/2012 - Matthew proposed to Mary!

1/29/2012 - Matthew had to fly back to Australia :(

2/13/2012 - Submitted I-129-F to Texas lockbox via USPS Priority mail

2/22/2012 - Received e-mail for NOA1; petition routed to CSC

2/22/2012 - Cheque cashed

7/18/2012 - NOA2 (via e-mail)

7/24/2012 - NOA2 hard copy received

7/31/2012 - Request for Pkt3 e-mail received

8/20/2012 - Date of Consulate interview received, scheduled for Oct 2

8/27/2012 - Date for Consulate interview moved up to Sept 18 (yeah!)

9/18/2012 - Visa Approved !!!

9/21/2012 - Visa Received in the mail

10/02/2012 - Matthew arrived home in Cincinnati

10/14/2012 - I now pronounce you Mr. & Mrs. Masters ! (wedding day)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It is the exception to get an interview date so soon after receiving packet 4. Generally appointments for the next month are made the first week or 2 of the previous month, we are now in the 3rd week of August. I waited 9 weeks after receiving packet 4 until my interview.

Sydney can be very hit and miss in this regard - all you can really do is ask and hope for the best.

I requested my date be moved forward (as we had delays at the NVC that were their fault, not ours) but they told me no, that they were fully booked and couldn't bring the interview forward. Funny though, within a couple of days, a fellow Aussie on a K1 got their interview scheduled for the week before me!

I have seen people be approved for numerous things including having to start a job, wedding plans that were already paid for (even though they tell you that you aren't supposed to do this on a K1), and even someone wanting to be in the US for the birth of a god child. Conversely, I have seen them deny others for similar reasons.

So, like I said, all you can do is email them and try. You never know, you might get lucky, but at the same time be prepared to wait til Oct 2.

Good luck

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just received my interview date. October 9th. I was hoping to be in the US about the same time you were and this throws a lot of our plans off too.

I-129F Sent: Sometime in February 2012

I-129F NOA1: 13th February 2012

I-129F NOA2: 6th June 2012

P3 Received: 26th June 2012

P3 Sent: 16th August 2012 (delayed by police check)

P4 Received: 23rd August 2012

Visa Interview Date: 9th October 2012 - Approved!

Visa Received: 17th October 2012

POE: 29th October 2012 - DFW - In country!

SSN: 3rd December 2012

AOS filed: 6th December 2012

Bio Appointment: 7th January 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.