lynny

Vegemite Illegal

38 posts in this topic

aussies and their vegemite..sheesh....

:yes::P would many americans survive without peanut butter. That is the comparison.

vegesmiley.gif

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

aussies and their vegemite..sheesh....

:yes::P would many americans survive without peanut butter. That is the comparison.

vegesmiley.gif

Nooooow I get it. Blech, I really hate vegemite, but I DID stare longingly at an old-looking bottle of Peter Pan peanut butter yesterday at the Pão de Açucar grocery store here in São Paulo.... it was 20 dollars, right next to the 15 dollar maple syrup, but I considered it....

Filed: Timeline

http://www.vegemite.com.au/

Hi all,

I grew up in Adelaide South Australia and Our Family grew up eating Vegemite,

On Toast, Crumpets, Wheatbix with butter and vegemite

Like most foods it is a aquired taste.

Check out the Official Vegemite website and see the history, recipes and facts on,

the advantages of having Vegemite in your daily diet.

One serving of Vegemite (5g) has about the same amount of salt as a cup of milk or a slice of bread. So you needn't worry about the salt content of Vegemite provided you consider your baby's entire intake.

So start your baby off with Vegemite.

5g Vegemite provides at least the following % of a child's daily requirement

Vegemite B Group VitaminsPer 5g Serve% RDI* 7-12 months% RDI* 1-3 years% RDI* Breast Feeding MumsThiamin 0.55mg 100% 100% 46%

Riboflavin 0.43mg70% 50% 25% Niacin 2.5mg 35% 25% 13-15% Folate100µg100% 100%29%spacer.gif*Recommended Dietary Intake

Happy Little Vegemite

Your body is covered by your skin, which includes your hair and nails. It keeps you warm and cools you down if your body gets too hot. Body cover holds you together and protects you from germs and other dangers in the environment. Your body cover gets a lot of wear and tear and must be constantly strengthened and repaired. The B group vitamins that help your skin are outlined below

Riboflavin & Niacin

Act as antioxidants, which stick to harmful compounds in the body and make them inactive. This slows the aging process and keeps your skin healthy and flexible.

Riboflavin

Helps make red blood cells so your skin has a good supply of oxygen.

Niacin

Your skin cells, hair and nails are continually dying and need constant replacement, Niacin helps maintain and replace them.

Folate

Helps to repair your skin when it has been damaged by cuts or bruising.

spacer.gif

The digestive system is where the food you eat is gradually broken down bit by bit into tiny nutrients that are absorbed into the blood and carried to all parts of your body through the circulatory system. The digestive system is like a highway with lots of food traffic going through. With all this traffic, there is lots of wear and tear on the digestive tract lining so it must be constantly repaired.

The B group vitamins that help your digestive system are:

Thiamine

Diets with lots of carbohydrates, particularly processed bread, flour and cereal need more thiamine to break down the carbohydrate in your food to useful nutrients that can be easily absorbed by your body.

Riboflavin

Diets rich in proteins such as meat and dairy products need more riboflavin to break down the protein to useful nutrients.

Diets rich in glucose such as many sugary foods need more riboflavin to break down the glucose to useful nutrients.

Niacin

Is needed to help in the break down of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in your food to useful nutrients. etc...

spacer.gif

The nervous system is like the electricity system for your body. The brain is the main computer and a network of nerve fibres spreads out from it to all parts of the body. The nerves carry information from outside and inside your body to and from the brain in the form of electrical impulses which tell your body how to react.

The B group vitamins that help your nervous system are:

Niacin/ Thiamine

These vitamins help maintain the parts of your brain and nervous system and enables the nerves to work smoothly. Folate

Folate is very important in the development of the spinal cord in babies in the first few weeks of growth inside the mother. A good supply of Folate in the early days of pregnancy is very important.

spacer.gif

Muscles are bundles of fibres that are attached to your skeleton. They allow you to move by contracting and relaxing and need lots of energy so you can do things like walk, run, blink and breathe. Muscles also need energy to grow and keep strong.

The B group vitamins that help your muscular system are:

Thiamine

Helps in the process of breaking down carbohydrates from foods such as bread, flour and cereals that you eat. Your body breaks down the carbohydrates to energy forms that can be used by muscles to contract and relax.

Riboflavin

Helps in the process of breaking down proteins from foods like meats and eggs to help build up your muscles strength and to give them energy. It also helps in the breakdown of glucose from sweet sugary foods to energy that is used by your muscles.

Muscles need energy to be active. Active muscles develop into bigger muscles. And so your muscles grow!

Thiamine

Your muscles know when and how to move because they get messages from your brain that travel along your nervous system telling them what to do. Thiamine helps keep your nervous system working properly so your muscles keep toned, co-ordinated and working well. Folate

By helping body tissues grow and repair damage, Folate helps your muscles to develop and strengthen.

spacer.gif

The heart is like a large pump that pushes blood around the body in a network of tubes called arteries and veins. Blood in the arteries carries oxygen from your lungs and nutrients from food to all parts of your body. Blood in the veins carries away waste products to be removed through the kidneys and out of your body. The blood then returns to the heart via the lungs where it is refreshed with oxygen.

The B group vitamins that help your circulatory system are:

Thiamine

Your heart is a large muscle. Thiamine helps break down food to make energy so it also helps keep your heart muscle growing and pumping.

Riboflavin

Helps your red blood cells absorb oxygen and deliver it to all parts of your body. Niacin

Helps your body reduce cholesterol levels so the blood vessels and heart don't get blocked. This means normal blood pressure is maintained so oxygen and nutrients can be freely sent all around your body. Folate

Helps to make the red blood cells. This means the blood is rich in red blood cells and can perform its job as an oxygen delivery service, faster. Folate helps lower the chances of getting heart disease by reducing the amount of homocysteine in your body. Doctors think homocysteine is a cause of heart disease.

So write, email, call your Congress Men and Women and say Yes to Vegemite :thumbs:

Written on behalf of All Aussies and some Amercians that have gone over to the dark side..Vegemite :idea:

Cheers

Paul.

P.S. I even Got my Wife "NorthernGirl" liking Vegemite.

I sent her a tube version (used for when you go camping) and she eats it at work :dancing:

Edited by hampster

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Im a happy little vegemite as bright as bright can be.... sing along everyone!!!

all I can say... well this sucks!

my secret ingrediant here in my gravy... a little dollop of vegemite!

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

:whistle: Come to the Dark Side Luke the :ph34r: Vegemite side :ph34r:

Mum use to use it in her gravy as well nice on roast meats as well when cooking them.

Lightly Baste them in Vegemite :whistle:

Getting stomach growls now ffs lol :help:

My Wife "NorthernGirl" is coming to hopefully take me back with her in February 07.

I am just wondering will i get stopped by customs if i pack a carry on bag,

And fill it full of Vegemite :blush: To bring in country with me :unsure: ...

I will bring the Tube variety style (Used for camping and such),

So any Ex Pat's from Australia in need of some :ph34r: DARK SIDE "VEGEMITE"...

We can work things out :secret::P:lol: :energetic: ...

Cheers

Paul

Importer of Vegemite :whistle:

Edited by hampster

I used to have a Canadian roommate that suffered from British pretensions. This was a good thing when it came to her taste in tea, but a bad thing when it came to Marmite & Vegemite. Apartment rule: only open the jar in a well-ventilated space. Good lord it smells like a bar floor at 2am.

Nothing wrong with acquired tastes, and nothing wrong with it such that the FDA should ban it, but good god what getting used to that smell took.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Well aquired tastes also need aquired scents :yes:

If you See me at the Airport.. lol...... wearing a Trench Coat...

Inside both sides have rows of " ILLEGAL VEGEMITE"

I be saying pssssssssst :secret: "wanna buy some Vegemite" :idea::dancing: