moemac59

Is there a flowchart set up for the AOS process on this site

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just want to know if there is a flow chart set up anywhere on VJ for the AOS process? I have applied for the AOS and had my biometrics appointment already but don't know what the next step is except waiting. What happens after the biometrics appointment? I found that the flowchart that is posted under the K1 forum was really helpful.

I also went into the AOS guidelines to see if it would give me more info but found that it was not as specific as the flow chart in the K1 forum.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Just want to know if there is a flow chart set up anywhere on VJ for the AOS process? I have applied for the AOS and had my biometrics appointment already but don't know what the next step is except waiting. What happens after the biometrics appointment? I found that the flowchart that is posted under the K1 forum was really helpful.

I also went into the AOS guidelines to see if it would give me more info but found that it was not as specific as the flow chart in the K1 forum.

Well...next step is waiting...and more waiting. Based on trends, you should hear about your AP and EAD within 3 months. I guess there might not be a specific flowchart because not every AOS is equal. Some have interviews, some do not. Some get approved in just a few months, others wait 8-10 months or more. It's all very individualized. The K-1 is pretty standard on the other hand.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Timeline

Well...next step is waiting...and more waiting. Based on trends, you should hear about your AP and EAD within 3 months. I guess there might not be a specific flowchart because not every AOS is equal. Some have interviews, some do not. Some get approved in just a few months, others wait 8-10 months or more. It's all very individualized. The K-1 is pretty standard on the other hand.

[/quote

Thanks for the response. How did you find out that your case got transferred to CSC? I went onto the USCIS website for a status update and it said that my case status could not be found.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the response. How did you find out that your case got transferred to CSC? I went onto the USCIS website for a status update and it said that my case status could not be found.

I've heard that people didn't get online info updated and still getting all the standard mail. but never heard "case could not be found". you might wanna call that 800 number just to make sure.

Uh yeah...I'd be calling about that. That's definitely not a normal response, lol. I mean I know the government is disorganized and stuff but that's kind of worry-some. Also, you'll get a NOA if they transfer your case. Pray you don't end up at CSC. They are moving at right around snail speed at the moment and the applications are soon to increase.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Timeline

Just an update but I called USCIS yesterday and spoke to a customer service rep. She told me that I485 and I751 had been sent to the National Benefits Center. FYI - She said that sometimes the case status does not get updated for awhile.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

I am a US Citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.