photomile

Change of address at POE

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Now that we've been approved, the fiancee and I have decided to put a deposit down on a new apartment, but obviously this changes our address.

We don't move in until the sixth, but I will arrive on the fifth of the month.

As I understand it I'm supposed to enter at POE with my current address details, and then the day afterwards file an AR-11. (Do I have to do anything else by the way or is that it) however, on the I-94 card you would need to put your residence address.

Is it possible to go through POE and ask for my address to be updated there and then? Or would this result in a refusal of entry because details are different?

Now that we've been approved, the fiancee and I have decided to put a deposit down on a new apartment, but obviously this changes our address.

We don't move in until the sixth, but I will arrive on the fifth of the month.

As I understand it I'm supposed to enter at POE with my current address details, and then the day afterwards file an AR-11. (Do I have to do anything else by the way or is that it) however, on the I-94 card you would need to put your residence address.

Is it possible to go through POE and ask for my address to be updated there and then? Or would this result in a refusal of entry because details are different?

My husband (then fiancé) moved after our I-129F was approved so he updated his address when we were at the embassy stage (he updated it when he called the embassy to schedule my interview) so I'm not sure if you can change it at POE...

Do you happen to have a copy of the lease? Is it a joint lease? If you do, you can always bring that to show that you will be living together at the new address.

OR you could file the AR-11 after POE - you have 10 days to file the AR-11 after moving. :)

Edited by F & J

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would just do the POE with the original address then mail in the Change of Address form within 10 days of your move. It's really not hard, you just fill out 1 page and mail it in.

When I tried filling the Change of Address form online, it won't let you fill in the spaces appropriately for K1 visas. I called the information line and was very rudely told to "JUST PRINT IT OUT!!!!" so if the form still denies you from answering appropriately for a K1 just print it and mail it in.

Timeline

My husband (then fiancé) moved after our I-129F was approved so he updated his address when we were at the embassy stage (he updated it when he called the embassy to schedule my interview) so I'm not sure if you can change it at POE...

Do you happen to have a copy of the lease? Is it a joint lease? If you do, you can always bring that to show that you will be living together at the new address.

OR you could file the AR-11 AND I-865 (Sponsor's Change of Address) after POE - you have 10 days to file the AR-11 and 30 days for the I-865 after moving. :)

We won't get the lease until the sixth and I'll be in the country by then. Since this is a K1, she filled out an I-134, would she need to do an I-865 since she didn't do an I-864?

We won't get the lease until the sixth and I'll be in the country by then. Since this is a K1, she filled out an I-134, would she need to do an I-865 since she didn't do an I-864?

Sorry about that! I edited my previous post. You don't need to file the I-865 (I forgot that was at AOS stage, after the I-864). ^__^;;

In that case, I think it would be best to just file the AR-11 after you've actually moved in on the sixth ;)

Edited by F & J

F & J

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Timeline

Sorry about that! I edited my previous post. You don't need to file the I-865 (I forgot that was at AOS stage, after the I-864). ^__^;;

In that case, I think it would be best to just file the AR-11 after you've actually moved in on the sixth ;)

Excellent. Thank you

Excellent. Thank you

You're welcome! Congratulations on the approval and have a safe trip!!! ^___^

F & J

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.