nebodihome

Is this enough to establish I have seen her within 2 years?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

1.) Provide ONE receipt of hotel payment in Colombia with my name on it and date on it from a few months ago. It doesn't have my signature on it, but it looks like a store receipt so it's obviously not something that was e-mailed to me, etc.

2.) Provide copy of passport with entry/exit Colombia stamps from two different visits within past year.

3.) Provide print-out of e-mail from hotel owner in Colombia confirming that my fiance and I were together in her hotel.

4.) Supporting all of this with photos together, print-outs of e-tickets as well as hotel reservation confirmations, online conversations, etc.

Will this be enough to establish we have seen each within the past two years? Notice that we didn't keep any airline ticket stubs. I fear it won't be enough and am considering visiting her in September and keeping all the receipts from hotels but would like to avoid this and save money. Thoughts?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

1.) Provide ONE receipt of hotel payment in Colombia with my name on it and date on it from a few months ago. It doesn't have my signature on it, but it looks like a store receipt so it's obviously not something that was e-mailed to me, etc.

2.) Provide copy of passport with entry/exit Colombia stamps from two different visits within past year.

3.) Provide print-out of e-mail from hotel owner in Colombia confirming that my fiance and I were together in her hotel.

4.) Supporting all of this with photos together, print-outs of e-tickets as well as hotel reservation confirmations, online conversations, etc.

Will this be enough to establish we have seen each within the past two years? Notice that we didn't keep any airline ticket stubs. I fear it won't be enough and am considering visiting her in September and keeping all the receipts from hotels but would like to avoid this and save money. Thoughts?

The other items can also be helpful.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you have bank statements with debit/credit card purchases corresponding with dates you were there? i.e. did you pay hotel with card? This would help to establish the validity of the receipt. I personally turned in my bank statement with every purchase highlighted that I made in Sao Paulo during the times I was there. It had restaurants, hotel, withdrawals from ATM etc...

Passport entry/exit stamps are good.

Unless the owner is signing/certifying a letter, an email can be generated from anyone. But send it anyhow.

Photos of you two together during the time substantiated by your passport entries are good.

Hotel reservation confirmation doesn't prove you were there, just that you booked it.

Online conversations isn't considered proof of meeting, on the contrary, it suggests you are not face to face. It can be used as proof of ongoing relation which will be possibly needed for K1 interview at consulate in Colombia.

Overall, it appears with your passport stamps, pictures together, along with some of those receipts would establish your meeting face to face.

EDIT: sorry my thread crossed over with Anh

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The only thing I would add is any Credit Card reciepts, ATM Receipts, but if you don't have those, you still should be fine..

The Passport stamps is huge coupled with photos, you should be good...

I met my fiance while he was visiting America on a work visa so we never collected anything to prove we were together during a 2 year period. When we filed for the Visa, we sent in greeting cards, phone records, emails and non-time stamped photos and ended up getting an RFE for "proof of meeting". I sent back in 4 time-stamped photos, his passport copies (with his Visa stamped on it) showing his entry into the United States during the time period we had met and his airline e-ticket. We got our NOA2 3 days later. The passport stamps and pics (especially if they are time stamped) should be a safe bet.

Our K-1 Journey

3/22/2012 - Sent I-129F Packet

3/28/2012 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

4/2/2012- NOA1 Hard copy received

8/2/2012-RFE

8/16/2012-NOA2

9/08/2012- Packet 3 received

9/10/2012- Packet 3 sent

9/12/2012-Medical

9/20/2012- Packet 3 logged in London

10/24/2012-Packet 4 received

10/31/2012-Interview! (8:30 AM)-APPROVED!!

11/14/2012-POE Chicago

12/07/2012- Got married!!

Our AOS Journey

12/29/2012-Sent I-485 and I-765

01/04/2013-NOA1 for I-485 and I-765

02/01/2013-Biometrics Apt.

02/28/2013- EAD approval

03/08/2013- EAD card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.