Corina A.

starting to despair...

10 posts in this topic

This process is so long and there are no guarantees. I'm so ready to be married to my fiance and start our lives together. I hate being away from him and I hate delaying our plans. It feels like we're just waiting to be able to have a normal relationship. Even at the end of the 5-7 month process its still possible that we could be denied and then we'd be at square one all over again. In a way I want to just pick up and move to DR but I feel strongly that we'll have a better life here in the U.S. I also feel strongly the U.S. a better option. I know most of you are in the same situation/position. Please send some encouraging words!

Our K1 Journey
07/16/2012 I-129F Sent
07/18/2012 I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
02/28/2013 I-129F NOA2 (No RFE, 225 days)
03/12/2013 NVC Received
03/14/2013 NVC Left
03/26/2013 Consulate Received
04/12/2013 Packet 4 Picked Up
04/23/2013 Interview (279 days from NOA 1) **APPROVED**
04/26/2013 Visa Ready For Pick-up
06/15/2013 US POE -> MIA
07/18/2013 Marriage

AOS

08/08/2013 I-145 & I-765 sent

08/25/2013 NOA 1 (e-mail)

08/26/2013 NOA 1 (hard copy)

09/10/2013 Biometrics Appointment

10/17/2013 EAD Approved

10/29/2013 Interview

12/02/2013 NOA 2 Approved

This journey is a long one, but once it's over, you'll realize it was worth it. I've been in the US for almost a year now and time flies. I don't even think about our K1 journey anymore unless it's to answer a question here. Those months that we spent waiting felt like they'd take a toll on us forever, but they don't. They drag on and on, of course, but once it's over, I find you forget about it for the most part.

Hang in there. You'll cross the finish line eventually and when you do, you'll forget about how exhausting the race was. :)

Sadly to say, yes this is one hard process, but one must go through to be with there loved ones, unfortunately we can't tell our hearts where to fall in love, but this is the choices we have chosen to make in order to be with our loved ones, But this is kind of a good opportunity to test our faith and get to know better our husbands/fiances... Some relationships grow apart other grow stronger... All I can tell you is try to focus don't think about the process so much, as time pass the process will see to go by faster.... Always thing positive and things will work out well. Try to maintain a great communication with you fiance, encourage each other daily that everything will be fine, and the soon you guys will be together.....

I wish you the best of luck in this process as WE ALL here on VJ are either going through the same emotional, overwhelming, frustration, headache and soul ache of this process and those who have pass the stage can surly relation exactly what we are going through. Smile, and know VJ is your second family here rooting everyone one for a smooth process....

~* GodsGift225*~

Filed: Timeline

We're all in the same boat. Sometimes I wish I had fallen in love with a Canadian or Mexican and not someone halfway around the world - sigh.

Forget about moving to DR right now. Establish yourselves here then you can take forays into DR to set up for the future there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We're all in the same boat. Sometimes I wish I had fallen in love with a Canadian or Mexican and not someone halfway around the world - sigh.

Forget about moving to DR right now. Establish yourselves here then you can take forays into DR to set up for the future there.

Try to stay busy by doing your favorite hobby. take up the challenge of getting in shape for your wedding. set up a routine where you both do activities together and spend allot of time communicating. anything that gets your mind of the process.

in the end you will get approved its just a matter of time. so hang in there. you have to go thorugh this process in order to spend a lifetime together......:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I know how you feel but like a good friend told me at the beginning of my process: That time being far away from each other will teach you guys to appreciate the future time together and not taking it for granted. Big success always require big efforts. So, be happy with today knowing that you are lucky since you find your soulmate... you know what is worse than 5-6 months process? to spend an entire life alone OR worse! with the wrong person!!! and the more effective solution for everything: pray, pray, pray and gather information!! God bless you guys!

Sadly to say, yes this is one hard process, but one must go through to be with there loved ones, unfortunately we can't tell our hearts where to fall in love, but this is the choices we have chosen to make in order to be with our loved ones, But this is kind of a good opportunity to test our faith and get to know better our husbands/fiances... Some relationships grow apart other grow stronger... All I can tell you is try to focus don't think about the process so much, as time pass the process will see to go by faster.... Always thing positive and things will work out well. Try to maintain a great communication with you fiance, encourage each other daily that everything will be fine, and the soon you guys will be together.....

I wish you the best of luck in this process as WE ALL here on VJ are either going through the same emotional, overwhelming, frustration, headache and soul ache of this process and those who have pass the stage can surly relation exactly what we are going through. Smile, and know VJ is your second family here rooting everyone one for a smooth process....

:thumbs:

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

This process is so long and there are no guarantees. I'm so ready to be married to my fiance and start our lives together. I hate being away from him and I hate delaying our plans. It feels like we're just waiting to be able to have a normal relationship. Even at the end of the 5-7 month process its still possible that we could be denied and then we'd be at square one all over again. In a way I want to just pick up and move to DR but I feel strongly that we'll have a better life here in the U.S. I also feel strongly the U.S. a better option. I know most of you are in the same situation/position. Please send some encouraging words!

You know I will be the first to say that you must hang in there and it'll all be worth it trust me! I'm prove that you just don't kw whats gonna happen. Keep a positive attitude and good news will come...

Good luck!,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There's not a person here who doesn't understand what you are going through. We all empathize, and urge you to be strong. Try different things. I presume you are in daily contact, via IM, Skype, or some such device. First and foremost: study the guides here and be prepared with your required forms and evidence. You can never start too soon!!! Remember that there is a day in your future that will be your wedding day...only God knows what day it is right now, but each morning when you wake up you will know that you are one day closer to it. This is what I tell myself every day. Talk to your fiancee about your plans. About your journey. About the various forms and types of evidence you must submit. Work together. You will have a roller coaster life with ups and downs every day, but in the end you will know that you have a relationship that can withstand ANYTHING!!!!

So just focus on the future and know that your day, as will all of ours, will come!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.