Buerm

Yet another I-134 Affidavit Question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello,

I have two questions regarding the I-134.

First, is it necessary to have W2's? The reason I ask is that I recently received a promotion where my income doubled. I listed my new income under current income bracket on item 7. The letter form my employer also states my new income. The issue I see is that if I submit my previous w2's they will not coincide with my current income and they might have questions about this.

Second, The second bracket in item 7 asks for "deposits in savings banks." This may be a stupid question but I want to be 100% sure. Is this only 'savings' accounts or can I include amounts within 'checking' accounts as well, since I am providing statements from both anyway..

Thank you for clearing up my questions and concerns. I always second guess myself toward the end.

Edited by Buerm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

First, is it necessary to have W2's? The reason I ask is that I recently received a promotion where my income doubled. I listed my new income under current income bracket on item 7. The letter form my employer also states my new income. The issue I see is that if I submit my previous w2's they will not coincide with my current income and they might have questions about this.

Second, The second bracket in item 7 asks for "deposits in savings banks." This may be a stupid question but I want to be 100% sure. Is this only 'savings' accounts or can I include amounts within 'checking' accounts as well, since I am providing statements from both anyway..

Thank you for clearing up my questions and concerns. I always second guess myself toward the end.

The W-2's will match up to last years tax return. Current income will be supported by most recent paystubs. I personally turned in the last 6 months of paystubs when we filed plus the last years tax return supported with my W-2.

People routinely get cost of living increases, promotions, etc.. so do not worry about the fact that your current pay is more than last years. That is a good thing.

I remember just putting what my savings balance was.

Good luck with your journey.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

If you use a free 2011 tax return transcript from the IRS, then no need to send your 2011 W-2 with it. If you do not use a transcript, then you need a complete copy of your return with all forms, schedules W-2s and/or 1099s.

Last year's income is not your current income. You received a promotion and a raise. That is your current income and you have a letter from your employer to document that. Add in your most recent pay stub(s) too. They can also help prove your current income.

If you make more than the 125% requirement through your income, then no need to list assets or provide documentation for them. The assets part of the I-134 can be left blank.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.