Pitaya

Busy day for our family

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello folks,

It has been a little over two weeks since our new family came together. Things have been going very well, though a healthy application of patience, love, tolerance, and understanding has also been helpful. We are about halfway through re-arranging the house. I am again relegated to having four inches of closet space. :lol: My step- son is all set- up in his room. All of us are enjoying the epicurean delights my bride is preparing for her new family, in her new home. I am starting to be able find things again in our re-arranged home. Today is another big day for us. We will be doing some AOS things, and other related stuff. We are going to pay for my step-son's first quarter of college tuition. My bride and step-son have their appointment at the civil surgeon for AOS process. We have to stop by the county recorder's and pick up certified copies of our marriage license. Stop by the Social Security office and start that process. Finally, head to the WA Dept. of Licensing and work on getting them WA State ID cards.

Together, we have been working hard, laughing a lot, taking long walks, growing together as a family. Sure, there has been some tears and easily resolved misunderstandings, that is life... It has been a woderful experience for me to be able to view America through the eyes of a new immigrant, good and bad.

I remember not too long ago, when I initially filed my I-129F petition, that I thought that this would never happen. It has now come to pass, and I truly feel blessed for all good fortune that has been given to us. It truly makes all of the waiting and hard work worthwhile. :star:

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

This is so nice to hear some good news from someone. There has been a lot of negative news from people. You never know how things work out when you pick a new partner, but it take two to make things work. Your post is a breath of fresh air.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Just remember to get it done quickly, brother. Hope you enjoyed your visit to the CS, waiting in the car that is. Again congratulations.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Sounds good! It's a big change for all three of you so keep up with the patience part.

Are either of them driving yet? I have realized what a driving culture we are here. It is a big part of any persons independence especially if you live in a town with no public transportation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.