afoyoswa

I-134 Questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

So, I am working on the I-134 in preparation for Aaron's interview, and I am wondering:

1) In the section that asks about visa petitions submitted (question #10), which date should I use as the date our petition was submitted: the date I sent it, the date VSC received it, or the date the NOA1 was issued? (Does it matter?)

2) For financial records, I have:

--tax transcripts (the 4 most recent years)

--printouts of my pay statements from the online program my company uses for payroll: we do not receive paper checks (biweekly statements, as far back as necessary)

--printouts of my tax returns generated by the online tax preparation program I used (as far back as necessary)

--W-2s (as far back as necessary)

How many of each of these do I need to supply?

3) On the I-134, I reported my income from the job that I list in question #7, which is plenty to exceed the poverty guidelines for a household size consisting of my fiance and me. However, my W-2s and tax transcripts show multiple other sources of income (some of which I still have). Should the figure in question #7 be my total income (which varies a lot), or is it okay to list my income from my primary, permanent job only?

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Filed: Timeline

Whoa...are we supposed to list the petition that we're working on currently? I didn't list that - sigh.

How about getting the tax account records? Comes pretty fast in the mail and will take care of all the multiple W2 questions since it will report your total income from all sources.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So, I am working on the I-134 in preparation for Aaron's interview, and I am wondering:

1) In the section that asks about visa petitions submitted (question #10), which date should I use as the date our petition was submitted: the date I sent it, the date VSC received it, or the date the NOA1 was issued? (Does it matter?)

You can list the date on the NOA1.

2) For financial records, I have:

--tax transcripts (the 4 most recent years)

--printouts of my pay statements from the online program my company uses for payroll: we do not receive paper checks (biweekly statements, as far back as necessary)

--printouts of my tax returns generated by the online tax preparation program I used (as far back as necessary)

--W-2s (as far back as necessary)

How many of each of these do I need to supply?

You really only need the 2011 tax transcript(no need for W-2s with transcripts from the IRS), letter from employer(if you have one) and your pay statements, but you can include the last 3 years of transcripts if you think it would help show the beneficiary will not become a public charge.

3) On the I-134, I reported my income from the job that I list in question #7, which is plenty to exceed the poverty guidelines for a household size consisting of my fiance and me. However, my W-2s and tax transcripts show multiple other sources of income (some of which I still have). Should the figure in question #7 be my total income (which varies a lot), or is it okay to list my income from my primary, permanent job only?

If you meet the requirement with your primary job, then you can simply list it on the form and include a statement about the other income plus documentation for it.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.