livetolove

Did USCIS lost my file

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi there

I got a RFE on Feb ,2012 for I-130 I filed back in November 2010 and responded to it on May 14, 2012, according to the USCIS, reviewing reponse to RFE will take up to 60 days. I waited for 60 days and called USCIS and requested a service on my case. I got an e-mail from the service officer asking me to wait for another 30days. On Aug 13, it is going to be 90 days since they recieved my response to RFE. I emailed my congresswoman's case worker and she told me that I am on top of her list, but so far, no update or NOA2..

I can assure you that if I called on Aug 14, they are going to ask me to wait for another 30 or 15 days.....I am just wondeing if any of you guys went thru the same situation with USCIS after responding to the RFE?

I even faxed Form DHS 7001 to Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman, but so far,no update or progress.. Even if I do an Infopass, like other USCIS customer service agent, they have no access to my file, but keep reading a written script from the system.

I dont know what to do ? If I file a Mandamus Action against USCIS, dont they get mad at me and deny my case??

Any suggestions ?

Edited by livetolove

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

get an ISO at USCIS National Hotline, inquire for casefile status.

Ask specifically - where is the casefile today?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

get an ISO at USCIS National Hotline, inquire for casefile status.

Ask specifically - where is the casefile today?

Is ISO ( Immigration Service Officer?? ) , if it is correct, I talked to the agent back in July and she just read a script and told me that " we got your response to RFE and it will take 60 days for a decision" . I interupted her and told her that 60 days already passed, then she suggested to me to request for a service.. Do service officers has an access to the actual file or they just read any script and resonse to your request ???

I even talked to Tier 2 last month. they put me on hold for 2 hours and finally, he too, read a written script and asked me to call back

Timeline

first human that answers the phone? no.

read a bit ?

ISO - http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

I'm not suggesting you ever initiate a service request.

Instead, the ISO can LOOK at the computer, tell you many things about what was received, and when.

But you must ask the right questions, also.

A short list for you:

1. Was the RFE Material received? If so, on what date?

2. What happened to the physical casefile after the adjudicator added my rfe materials into the casefile?

3. Has that adjudicator processed any casefiles past mine, in the queue , or no ?

4. I'm concerned that my casefile is lost. I've had a service request in, and the service request was supposed to locate the casefile. I've heard nothing back on this service request. Please look on your computer, scroll down a bit, and tell me the last action you have on my casefile.

5. Any returned mail pieces on me? (if yes, go over the correct address again, ask that all returned mail pieces be sent to you)

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

first human that answers the phone? no.

read a bit ?

ISO - http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

I'm not suggesting you ever initiate a service request.

Instead, the ISO can LOOK at the computer, tell you many things about what was received, and when.

But you must ask the right questions, also.

A short list for you:

1. Was the RFE Material received? If so, on what date?

2. What happened to the physical casefile after the adjudicator added my rfe materials into the casefile?

3. Has that adjudicator processed any casefiles past mine, in the queue , or no ?

4. I'm concerned that my casefile is lost. I've had a service request in, and the service request was supposed to locate the casefile. I've heard nothing back on this service request. Please look on your computer, scroll down a bit, and tell me the last action you have on my casefile.

5. Any returned mail pieces on me? (if yes, go over the correct address again, ask that all returned mail pieces be sent to you)

Good Luck !

Thank u for your response

1. Yes they got my RFE and keep telling me that it is still under review.

I do not think Tie1 one has an acess to petitioners file, shoud I call Tier 2 again and ask him what is going on ? are they (Tier2) going to answer number 2, 3, 4 or 5 or get rid of me by simply asking me to wait...

Have u ever heard or read about similar case in the past?

Timeline

sorry - the short list is the list of questions,

for YOU to ask, of an ISO.

Good Luck !

Timeline

sorry - the short list is the list of questions,

for YOU to ask, of an ISO.

Good Luck !

I called the customer service yesterday and asked to talk to Tier 2 after holding for over 80 minutes and when I finally reached her, I told her that I already waited for 60 days after USCIS got my response to the RFE and another 30 days after my last service (totaly 90 days). She looked into my file and finally told me that they reassigned someone on Aug7, 2012 and he or she is working on it.

My question is if someone started working on it, some sort of update or "touch" should show on my online account ? I just checked my account status today and do no not see any update or touch.

Did any one of u guys went through the same process?

Timeline

so, what were the answers to the questions I gave you ?

Timeline

so, what were the answers to the questions I gave you ?

Thank u 4 ur response.

I asked her first if they got all the documents and she told yes they did. I also asked her if the adjudicator passed or forgot my file and working on another file , and her answer was that they reassigned a new adjudicator and he or she took over on Aug 7 and he or is working on it and they dont know how long would it take and wants me to call at the end of the month if I did not hear from them. California service center is who is in charge of my file.....

What I dont understand if someone really took over on Aug 7 and is working on my case, I supposed to be able to see all updates on my online case status...is that right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.