MlovesW

August 2012 AOS Filers

1,707 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also an August 2012 filer. I had submitted as service request on April 4th, and finally learned that it was processed this morning. It states that our case is under active processing, but requires additional review and we should expect to hear in 9-12 months... Wonderful.

I have no idea what would have triggered the need for additional processing, as our case is about as straightforward as they come (grew up three hours apart and met while going to the same grad school). I was told I can set up an infopass appointment to find out what there concerns are, and plan to do that ASAP.

I've seen that some people have also contacted some type of government representative. Does anyone have advice on who to contact, or when this is appropriate?

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm also an August 2012 filer. I had submitted as service request on April 4th, and finally learned that it was processed this morning. It states that our case is under active processing, but requires additional review and we should expect to hear in 9-12 months... Wonderful.

I have no idea what would have triggered the need for additional processing, as our case is about as straightforward as they come (grew up three hours apart and met while going to the same grad school). I was told I can set up an infopass appointment to find out what there concerns are, and plan to do that ASAP.

I've seen that some people have also contacted some type of government representative. Does anyone have advice on who to contact, or when this is appropriate?

Thank you!

So much time had passed on our August filing that we did contact our local congressman to see if he could find any information that our Tier 1 did not. The Tier 1 just read what was printed online. The congressman told us only that they were working on August 2012 and to keep our fingers crossed. I haven't heard anything since and that was awhile ago. I don't think calling a congress person helped other than this and in fact, it annoys the USCIS workers who answer the phones with all our concerned calls. The Tier 1's don't really have any information we cannot get off the website and from what I have read online, the Tier 2's seem to only be able to tell if they are working on your month, something we can find our easily from others on this forum. Infopass may tell you what is under review on your 1-485 but I suspect their access is also limited.

Somewhere else in this forum I read that a filer met a worker in a hospital that was at NBC and she said they were required to process 50-60 a day. That seems like a lot and if they run into any kind of snag, I can see their reasoning for putting it aside until they get more information otherwise they would get behind. That is my reasoning anyway. The 9-12 months given you may be a way of saying quit calling .... it will be done when it is done we are peddling as fast as we can.

We can only wait it seems and hope. Waiting as I can attest is not the easiest chore but let's hope we are almost there benoi027. I don't see any July filers responding lately so maybe they are all done and soon we too can rejoice.

Timeline

I'm sure I am one of the last August 2012 AOS filers at NBC although I know there are a few more that have not yet been approved. I have good news, today at 2:30 pm I looked online at USCIS forum for the 3rd time today and I was approved! Finally! What a wait. For everyone waiting in August and the next few months, please know that I and many others know exactly what you are going through. It is a long journey made difficult by needing to wait without word, without any expectation when you will finally receive approval. Yet, today was my day, my turn. I hope, really hope that tomorrow is yours. Blessings to all fellow filers in waiting.

Timeline

Congrats Elbear!! I'm soo happy to see that you finally got approved. smile.png

Thank you. You and a host of others on this forum helped me immensely with the waiting.

I'm not wondering what date is used for the two-year mark if anyone knows off hand.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm sure I am one of the last August 2012 AOS filers at NBC although I know there are a few more that have not yet been approved. I have good news, today at 2:30 pm I looked online at USCIS forum for the 3rd time today and I was approved! Finally! What a wait. For everyone waiting in August and the next few months, please know that I and many others know exactly what you are going through. It is a long journey made difficult by needing to wait without word, without any expectation when you will finally receive approval. Yet, today was my day, my turn. I hope, really hope that tomorrow is yours. Blessings to all fellow filers in waiting.[/quot

Congratulations!!!!

I was holding my thumbs for you!

I am so glad this part is finally over for you! You stayed patient and kept your spirit up! So happy for you!

Thank you. You and a host of others on this forum helped me immensely with the waiting.

I'm not wondering what date is used for the two-year mark if anyone knows off hand.

I'm guessing you would start counting from the date that's on your GC. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm guessing you would start counting from the date that's on your GC. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

from your green card issue date or the day you are granted your residency and not your wedding date. a lot of people mix it up

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I'm sure I am one of the last August 2012 AOS filers at NBC although I know there are a few more that have not yet been approved. I have good news, today at 2:30 pm I looked online at USCIS forum for the 3rd time today and I was approved! Finally! What a wait. For everyone waiting in August and the next few months, please know that I and many others know exactly what you are going through. It is a long journey made difficult by needing to wait without word, without any expectation when you will finally receive approval. Yet, today was my day, my turn. I hope, really hope that tomorrow is yours. Blessings to all fellow filers in waiting.

Congratulations! I have been stalking the august forum - hoping to see some more approvals. I'm happy you finally got yours!

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.