debouy

where are they?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys.I was just wondering where these guys have been?

mollyandstephen

tm_kuti

mandolinv

jideprincess

joej

valentine

agsoba

uhhh can remember names anymore.

I remember these forum had lots of people here giving valuable advice here.and i did learn a lot from you all.But its disheartening to find that they dont even come here anymore.I know i havent been regular too.

Just wondering...

This is just a friendly disposition..No Hard feelings whatsoever

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen....it seems alot of people never come back after their fiancee's get and pass the interview.. Seems like they don't have the time anymore...

mollyandstephen

tm_kuti

mandolinv

jideprincess

joej

valentine

agsoba

I remember these forum had lots of people here giving valuable advice here.and i did learn a lot from you all.But its disheartening to find that they dont even come here anymore.I know i havent been regular too.

Just wondering...

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah, I dont comment alot for the same reasons...too much drama...this use to be a nice place to get and give good advice. To many opinions have come to the surface. Its a shame because alot of people in the future will miss out on some great and helpful information.

This doesnt apply to everyone.

January 16, 2013 - I-129F Petition Sent USPS
January 22, 2013 - Petition Delivery Confirmed
January 25, 2013 - NOA1 Email and Text Confirmation
January 30, 2013 - "Touched" Alien Number Generated
January 31, 2013 - NOA1 Letter Received via "snail mail"
June 21, 2013 - Transferred from Vermont

July 6, 2013 - Actual Approval but error did not generate our NOA2

July 17, 2013 - Service Request via USCIS (6 months)

July 22, 2013 - Approval affirmed via USCIS.gov new NOA2 generated

August 2013 - NVC Case # Generated

August 28, 2013 - Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

September 2013 - Medical Complete

October 22, 2013 - Packet returned complete to Embassy via DHL

February 2014 - Interview letter received

March 24, 2014- Interview - EGYPT

April 4 & 7, 2014 - Case Touched Twice - Requested Expedite due to Beneficiary's Mothers Passing (4/1/14)

April 7, 2014 - Passport sent to Embassy via DHL

April 14, 2014 - VISA Received

April 18, 2014 - Flight to USA

July 11, 2014 - MARRIED!!!!

August ,2015 - AOS finally filed ;-)

August ,2015 - RFE

September 2015 - Returned RFE information

November ,2015 - EAD Approved

November ,2015 - EAD Received

December ,2015- AOS Approved

December ,2015- 2 year Green Card Received

November 13, 2016 my little brother passed away :-(

December ,2017 Lift conditions InshaAllah

Yeah, I dont comment alot for the same reasons...too much drama...this use to be a nice place to get and give good advice. To many opinions have come to the surface. Its a shame because alot of people in the future will miss out on some great and helpful information.

Unfortunately,it shouldnt be so.We are supposed to build a community here!!! I agree this doesnt apply to everyone.I remember mollystephen says something about expecting a baby.Just wanted to know hows things with her and stephen.She did give me really good avise though.

I am one of those old timers and that is the very reason I dont poust much.o I do drop in to lurk and catch up, and sometimes IM my response to the poster, but I dont have time for a lot of drama. I do keep in touch with the folks that you have listed though on a personal level. I, like you, thought this would be a great forum to build an extended family for our significant others, so I guess I have been blessed to have the friendships that I have developed here.

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I agree that its the drama. I wish that was not the case, It is so nice to have people to bond with in a simular situation. I have even noticed that the bonding does not really happen anymore, and I have not even been on VJ as long as some. I can tell you if you want to find jideprincess she has her own page, and I think the link may be in her profile.

From my perspective there is a lot of activity between the visa petition and the adjustment of status. Once most get through that they have 21 months to wait before they can file the removal of restrictions so tend to drift away from VJ.

As time passes one tends to forget the specifics of the details of of the visa petition and AOS so maybe they don't feel comfortable offering advice. I know I don't know half of what I knew a year ago(maybe because I am blond or just old :blink: ). I still come here because I made some friends while posting here so I watch their progress through the process. A good example is a friend from the Philippines who was on 2 1/2 years of administrative review but finally received her visa and is now here in America. That was just wonderful to hear she had finally made it.

I am sure that I too will fade away once we do the restrictions removal but I think that is what this site is all about. It is cyclic, kind of like life so the old, before they go, help the new as they are just getting started.

My two cents worth :D

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

mollyandstephen

tm_kuti

mandolinv

jideprincess

joej

valentine

agsoba

Just wondering...

I think Valentine went back to Nigeria after finding another woman who will petition him again on K1. Don't hold your breath waiting for him to return to the forum or to the US :whistle:

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Use to be a nice place to give and receive good advice? It still is. Also, there has ALWAYS been drama here.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Stephen and I are still around but don't take the time to post much unless we feel our reply can really add some helpful information to the thread. And I dont' usually post any advice to anyone that is dealing with K-1 or K-3 until the petition gets approved and forwarded to the embassy. The reason---IMBRA (whatever that is). I didn't have to deal with that so I know nothing about it. It just shows that not only does the petitioner and beneficiary's lives change once AOS is given, but sometimes the immigration journey itself changes.

I do come to the Sub-Saharan forum about once or twice a week to check on things here. I may not be posting but I am reading to check for any news or for questions that I feel I could help with. The main reason that I dont' post very often is because I LOVE to spend time with my husband. We were apart for long enough and VJ got a lot of my time and energy during those days. Now since we are together, I choose to spend more time with him and less time with VJ. It's just where my priority is at. I am very grateful for VJ and the help we received from the people here. I check the forum and will definitely speak up if someone really needs my help but most of the time, by the time I see the posts, someone else has already given a great answer.

And, by the way, I dont' remember ever posting that I am pregnant because I'm not. Maybe you got us confused with Mandolinv and her husband. She posted back in July or August that they are expecting a baby. But Stephen and I arent' expecting one yet. Just wanted to clear that up.

I'm glad that the advice I had given you previously was helpful to you. Have a great day!

Molly

November 2004 Met my sweetheart Stephen online

March 22, 2005 Stephen and I got married in Ikeja, Nigeria

March 28, 2005 Had to leave my heart in Nigeria with Stephen

K-3 Journey

April 7 to December 12, 2005 Filing to visa interview

December 12, 2005 VISA GRANTED!!!!

December 15, 2005 Visa in hand!!!

December 19, 2005 MY HUSBAND ARRIVES IN USA!!!!!!!

AOS Journey

December 29, 2005 NOA1 receipt date for AOS, EAD

January 20, 2006 Received RFE for affidavit of support on AOS

January 23, 2006 Sent reply to MSC for RFE

January 24, 2006 RFE reply received at NBC

January 26, 2006 Email saying AOS is back on track

January 28, 2006 Received biometrics appointment letter for EAD and AOS

February 9, 2006 Biometrics appointment

February 20, 2006 EAD and AOS touched

March 30, 2006 Received interim EAD at Phoenix office.

June 7, 2006 EAD touched

June 8, 2006 EAD touched AGAIN

June 10, 2006 Received interview letter in mail for AOS

June 15, 2006 EAD approved FINALLY!!!!!

JULY 12, 2006 INTERVIEW AT PHOENIX DISTRICT OFFICE

JULY 20, 2006 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am pretty much a newbie. Never experienced any drama...I try not to offer any political or religious views so as not to upset or offend anyone. I am thankful for VJ and the advice I have gotten from each and everyone of you. I appreciate the time people take to let others know what they are going through too...its a big help to me. I just hope no one holds back any valuable info/advice because myself and others could really use the help. I can truly understand the ones who after reuniting with their SO's may drift away; that's natural. Anyway, thank you VJers all over the world! Sercontigo sure appreciates ya! :D

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Stephen and I are still around but don't take the time to post much unless we feel our reply can really add some helpful information to the thread. And I dont' usually post any advice to anyone that is dealing with K-1 or K-3 until the petition gets approved and forwarded to the embassy. The reason---IMBRA (whatever that is). I didn't have to deal with that so I know nothing about it. It just shows that not only does the petitioner and beneficiary's lives change once AOS is given, but sometimes the immigration journey itself changes.

I do come to the Sub-Saharan forum about once or twice a week to check on things here. I may not be posting but I am reading to check for any news or for questions that I feel I could help with. The main reason that I dont' post very often is because I LOVE to spend time with my husband. We were apart for long enough and VJ got a lot of my time and energy during those days. Now since we are together, I choose to spend more time with him and less time with VJ. It's just where my priority is at. I am very grateful for VJ and the help we received from the people here. I check the forum and will definitely speak up if someone really needs my help but most of the time, by the time I see the posts, someone else has already given a great answer.

And, by the way, I dont' remember ever posting that I am pregnant because I'm not. Maybe you got us confused with Mandolinv and her husband. She posted back in July or August that they are expecting a baby. But Stephen and I arent' expecting one yet. Just wanted to clear that up.

I'm glad that the advice I had given you previously was helpful to you. Have a great day!

Molly

:yes: That goes ditto for me. I had to read up on this IMBRA issue (Totally unfamiliar... :unsure: )

Just happy to finally enjoy a state of normalcy that comes along with sharing life together as a married couple ;) . Like Jaz said, this board/site is 'cyclic' in every affectation of the word.

Wishing everyone the very best!

Opti,

BTW Jideamericanprincess AKA Livi's novel entitled, "If God is my lover...Then why is my bed so cold?" hits the bookstores next month! :dance:

8.14.03 MY FEET TOUCH NIGERIAN SOIL!

8.28.03 Civil wedding (Lagos, Island)

8.30.03 Trad. wedding (Mbaise-Owerri, Imo State)

11.27.03 Returned to U.S.A

12.31.03 I-130 NOA1

6.15.04 2nd trip to Naija

7.04.04 I-129F NOA1

9.24.04 I-130 x-ferred from NSC to CSC

10.07.04 I-130 rec. @ CSC

10.14.04 I-130 Approv.

11.04 Rec. DS 3032 & AOS fee bill

12.04.04 Rec. I-864 packet

2.05.05 DS 3032 rec.

2.17.05 I-129F Approv.

2.23.05 Left NVC

3.09.05 Rec. IV bill

3.10.05 Ret. I-864 Packet

3.12.05 3rd trip

3.29.05 Ret. IV fee bill

5.02.05 DS-230 mailed out by NVC

5.05.05 Hubby rec K-3 packet

6.23.05 Rec. DS 230 & Checklist

7.08.05 RFE DS 230

7.18.05 NVC rec. Cklist response letter items

7.21.05 K-3 interview (Previously notified Lagos that we are abandoning the K-3)

8.04.05 *Case Complete*

11.08.05 Case forwarded to Lagos

12.23.05 INTERVIEW-VISA APPROVED

1.13.06 Hubby's flight scheduled for U.S. arrival @ 12:45pm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.