lovekoto

Sample of Explanation Letter why not to required to file taxes

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think you would have to just write an explanation of why the requested tax was not filed in your case. But most common explanation is that the individual income for the year was below minimum requirement to file taxes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Here is what we used, make sure it has an original signature:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am Mr Penguin, Penguin's husband and petitioning sponsor. I did not file an income tax return for the years 2005, 2006 or 2007 because I have not worked during my 3 year residence within the Republic of Ireland. Once I came to Ireland, I was unable to find work and so used savings; I was maintained by my wife upon her income and savings. Since I made no income for these years of any type, I was not required to file an income tax return with the Internal Revenue Service.

Sincerely, Mr Penguin.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Thank you very much. I am going to write for my husband,.

I think you would have to just write an explanation of why the requested tax was not filed in your case. But most common explanation is that the individual income for the year was below minimum requirement to file taxes.

God is good all the time..

Ok Thank you very much,

Another question, I have the employment letter which my joint sponsor sent to me. I have noticed that there is no salary indicated in the letter. Only the hours per week, the date she started in the job, and her title in the job. Is that alright? She started working since 2003.

Here is what we used, make sure it has an original signature:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am Mr Penguin, Penguin's husband and petitioning sponsor. I did not file an income tax return for the years 2005, 2006 or 2007 because I have not worked during my 3 year residence within the Republic of Ireland. Once I came to Ireland, I was unable to find work and so used savings; I was maintained by my wife upon her income and savings. Since I made no income for these years of any type, I was not required to file an income tax return with the Internal Revenue Service.

Sincerely, Mr Penguin.

Timeline

Ok Thank you very much,

Another question, I have the employment letter which my joint sponsor sent to me. I have noticed that there is no salary indicated in the letter. Only the hours per week, the date she started in the job, and her title in the job. Is that alright? She started working since 2003.

Submit recent pay check stubs also there is information on prior year tax if cosponsor has been at position for a long term. If the income is more then the minimum required they don't really look to much further into it.

My joint sponsor used her husband's income to meet the requirement. Since they also files taxes jointly. Therefore, her husband filled out 1-864a. the total income will be 45k usd for 5 household including me. I ask her to provide me paystubs or employment letter. I told her which of the two she could provide easily. Then she provide the employment letter.

To her husband, what can I ask from him except for 1-864a?

Submit recent pay check stubs also there is information on prior year tax if cosponsor has been at position for a long term. If the income is more then the minimum required they don't really look to much further into it.

Timeline

My joint sponsor used her husband's income to meet the requirement. Since they also files taxes jointly. Therefore, her husband filled out 1-864a. the total income will be 45k usd for 5 household including me. I ask her to provide me paystubs or employment letter. I told her which of the two she could provide easily. Then she provide the employment letter.

To her husband, what can I ask from him except for 1-864a?

Best thing is a current pay stub . Last years tax document are almost 8 months old for proof of income. Best proof of income is current income. Anything the supports current income is essentially what you should provide.It should be satisfactory however it is still up to the discretion of the reviewing agent.

how the pay stubs can be obtained if she got lost the copies?

Best thing is a current pay stub . Last years tax document are almost 8 months old for proof of income. Best proof of income is current income. Anything the supports current income is essentially what you should provide.It should be satisfactory however it is still up to the discretion of the reviewing agent.

I had to write one also and was able to search the internet and find the irs law stating why i didnt have to file and quoted that law in the letter.

example

As per IRS law concerning tax year 2009 persons making less than $xxxx per year are not required to file tax returns with the irs. As i was unemployed and not receiving any income or benefits of any sort, i was not required to file.

My 864 was approved at NVC with this letter , but i did have a co sponsor so perhaps my information was less important, also the 2 years after the non file i had a well paying job so everyones situation is different of course. If you legally did not have to file than you should be fine stating why, it should be enough.

Good luck

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.