NikkiWicki

recieved hard copy of rfe

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! i am about to send my rfe reply which is making me kinda anxious and very very careful with ff instructions. along with the blue notice, the white paper they sent me an an empty envelope with a po box in it. I read in uscis guideline that u have to use that envelope. apparently my documents wont fit because of its thickness. so what i did was stuff some in that empty envelope then used a big one for the other documents left and wrote the same address in front of the envelope that i used. is that ok? please comment!!! thank you so much!!! ?

03/27/2012- I-129F sent to USCIS

04/02/2012- NOA1 email

04/05/2012- NOA1 hard copy received

07/23/2012- finally some light! RFE via EMAIL

08/05/2012- Sent RFE reply from Philippines

08/09/2012- RFE Reply Response Review Notification Email

08/15/2012- NOA2 Approval via Email

08/22/2012- Hard copy of NOA2 received!

08/24/2012- MNL case number noted!

08/31/2012- Physical Exam at SLEC- Passed!

09/07/2012- Big Day! Interview-> APPROVED!

09/14/2012- CFO Seminar->done!

09/18/2012- Visa on Hand!, CFO Sticker DONE! YAY!!!!

10/04/2012- America Here I Come!!!

10/05/2012- Touchdown Chicago!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys! i am about to send my rfe reply which is making me kinda anxious and very very careful with ff instructions. along with the blue notice, the white paper they sent me an an empty envelope with a po box in it. I read in uscis guideline that u have to use that envelope. apparently my documents wont fit because of its thickness. so what i did was stuff some in that empty envelope then used a big one for the other documents left and wrote the same address in front of the envelope that i used. is that ok? please comment!!! thank you so much!!!

What has been recently recommended by other VJ members to another member in a similar situation, was to securely tape the provided envelope to the outside of the larger envelope, containing your RFE response/evidence, and mail it back in that manner.

You will likely be okay, if the return address you placed on the supplemental envelope is EXACTLY the same as what is on the provided envelope...

YMMV.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

do it correctly this time sis, Its for your own good too :) goodluck!!

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys! i am about to send my rfe reply which is making me kinda anxious and very very careful with ff instructions. along with the blue notice, the white paper they sent me an an empty envelope with a po box in it. I read in uscis guideline that u have to use that envelope. apparently my documents wont fit because of its thickness. so what i did was stuff some in that empty envelope then used a big one for the other documents left and wrote the same address in front of the envelope that i used. is that ok? please comment!!! thank you so much!!!

I couldn't have possibly fit our evidence in the envelope and by passed it all together. I just made sure the address was the same on the envelope as my package and I had their cover sheet on top of all my paperwork.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I couldn't have possibly fit our evidence in the envelope and by passed it all together. I just made sure the address was the same on the envelope as my package and I had their cover sheet on top of all my paperwork.

Yes putting that blue cover sheet on top is key so that when they open the envelope and see it, they will give it a higher priority.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Use whichever envelope you'd like, tape the return envelope onto your envelope. As far as I recall, it has a barcode on it. Put the RFE notice on top of everything else. Delivery confirmation or tracking number on it, whichever you decide(only for the purpose of proving it was sent beforte deadline if it ever came down to it).

I laughed so hard when witnessing my husband(then fiance) trying to squeeze all the papers into the thimble-sized return envelope. Nooooo can do!

We put "RFE response to i-129f petition" on bottom left corner of our envelope also. From when it was sent until approved it was less than 3 weeks, including shipping the RFE resonse. One thing is having it approved quickly but my point is that it was matched up with the original petition fast. Status updated online, too.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Use whichever envelope you'd like, tape the return envelope onto your envelope. As far as I recall, it has a barcode on it. Put the RFE notice on top of everything else. Delivery confirmation or tracking number on it, whichever you decide(only for the purpose of proving it was sent beforte deadline if it ever came down to it).

I laughed so hard when witnessing my husband(then fiance) trying to squeeze all the papers into the thimble-sized return envelope. Nooooo can do!

We put "RFE response to i-129f petition" on bottom left corner of our envelope also. From when it was sent until approved it was less than 3 weeks, including shipping the RFE resonse. One thing is having it approved quickly but my point is that it was matched up with the original petition fast. Status updated online, too.

Correction, it took less than 2 weeks from sending the RFE response until NOA2. (it wouldn't let me edit)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

What has been recently recommended by other VJ members to another member in a similar situation, was to securely tape the provided envelope to the outside of the larger envelope, containing your RFE response/evidence, and mail it back in that manner.

You will likely be okay, if the return address you placed on the supplemental envelope is EXACTLY the same as what is on the provided envelope...

YMMV.

thats what I did. I actually scanned the original envelope, then printed a bigger picture of that then pasted it on the big envelope that I used. yes the blue paper was on top and i also inserted the small envelope they sent me. thank you so much!

04/02/2012- NOA1 email

Timeline

Correction, it took less than 2 weeks from sending the RFE response until NOA2. (it wouldn't let me edit)

i tried doing that too!! okay i actually did the long route of this reply cause all the papers are coming from the philippines. apparently fedex doesnt accept po box mails!! so I had to mail it to someone in cali. then they will be the one to mail it csc. what a journey!!! hahaha

Yes putting that blue cover sheet on top is key so that when they open the envelope and see it, they will give it a higher priority.

i did that! hope youll receive your noa2 soon!!!

04/02/2012- NOA1 email

Timeline

do it correctly this time sis, Its for your own good too :) goodluck!!

i know sis! this time its perfectly packaged! eventhough i jad lots of headaches preparing the documents!!! hay hope noa2 will come!! btw did u receive your noa2 yet?

04/02/2012- NOA1 email

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

thats what I did. I actually scanned the original envelope, then printed a bigger picture of that then pasted it on the big envelope that I used. yes the blue paper was on top and i also inserted the small envelope they sent me. thank you so much!

Sounds good.

Hopefully the minions at the USCIS will promptly process your RFE information and get you on your way to the interview. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.