GREEN/TRAN

what if sent all evidence in i-29

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi

we sent in all our evidence in the 1-29 packet all the pictures ,phone bills cards ,letters,also sent birth certifacates and four or five passport pictures and i dont know what else.will we have to get copys of everything for packet 3 to vietnamif we already sent everything?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

HI Green/Tran

I don't know how others did, I send a complete second copy of the I-129F package which I sent to the Service Center. Of course, my wife would have the ORIGINAL of all the documents (Birth Certificate, Divorce Decreed and stuff) at her interview. Only sent in the copied. So the answer is YES, you need a complete package for her interview and MORE. Remember, you don't stop collecting and documenting your relationship just because you filed her I-129F.

Hope that helps...

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Hi GREEN/TRAN,

Did you send copies or originals of this evidence with your I-129F?

It is best to have a complete backup of the entire I-129F application, including evidence, etc.

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline

i think we sent her origanal birth certificate and translated one and her house hold book or something.ill try get some more and more evidence ,thanks for all ur help

green/tran

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
HI Green/Tran

I don't know how others did, I send a complete second copy of the I-129F package which I sent to the Service Center. Of course, my wife would have the ORIGINAL of all the documents (Birth Certificate, Divorce Decreed and stuff) at her interview. Only sent in the copied. So the answer is YES, you need a complete package for her interview and MORE. Remember, you don't stop collecting and documenting your relationship just because you filed her I-129F.

Hope that helps...

Yup. :thumbs:

It is important to show evidence of an ongoing relationship so you definitely need her to have fresh and current evidence.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

HI Green/Tran

Hope that helps...

Yup. :thumbs:

It is important to show evidence of an ongoing relationship so you definitely need her to have fresh and current evidence.

i got new evidence but most worried about the original birth certificate and her family book or some thing.as far as new evidence we got more western union receipts and phone bills i sent her back the envolopes of letters she sent me and emails and email with a picture taken from tosiagonwithlove.com when i sent her flowers .its a nice place to send flowers they take a picture of ur girl and send it ur emailand we got a few emails from my mom and my kids when they sent to her.should she get another origanal bith certifacate?and family book?also do i need send her my passport???

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Do NOT send her your passport - she will not need it for any reason and you should NEVER let your passport out of your hands aside from say, check in at a hotel in a different country!!!

Timeline
Do NOT send her your passport - she will not need it for any reason and you should NEVER let your passport out of your hands aside from say, check in at a hotel in a different country!!!

ok thanks

Timeline

Just curious - does any of the packet for the I-129 F ( pictures, other personal documents ) get returned from the CSS after 129 NOA2 or is it believed to go to th NVC and on to the consulate ?

Thanks ...

Timeline

Hi andrew va thuy,

In our case, and I think standard in most, everything that was sent into the USCIS service center in the I-129F petition filing was then forwarded on to NVC and then to the US Consulate in HCMC.

From the I-129F petition document: "Copies. If these instructions state a copy of a document may be filed with this petition, you may submit a copy rather than an original. If you choose to send the original, U.S. Citizenship and ImmigrationServices (USCIS) may keep that original for our records. If USCIS requires the original, we will request it."

On a side note, I did think it was interesting when my fiancee returned to the US Consulate in HCMC to pick up her visa and the 'mystery brown envelope', the original photos that were included in the I-129F petition filing were returned to her.

STL_HCMC

Just curious - does any of the packet for the I-129 F ( pictures, other personal documents ) get returned from the CSS after 129 NOA2 or is it believed to go to th NVC and on to the consulate?

Thanks ...

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi andrew va thuy,

In our case, and I think standard in most, everything that was sent into the USCIS service center in the I-129F petition filing was then forwarded on to NVC and then to the US Consulate in HCMC.

From the I-129F petition document: "Copies. If these instructions state a copy of a document may be filed with this petition, you may submit a copy rather than an original. If you choose to send the original, U.S. Citizenship and ImmigrationServices (USCIS) may keep that original for our records. If USCIS requires the original, we will request it."

On a side note, I did think it was interesting when my fiancee returned to the US Consulate in HCMC to pick up her visa and the 'mystery brown envelope', the original photos that were included in the I-129F petition filing were returned to her.

STL_HCMC

Just curious - does any of the packet for the I-129 F ( pictures, other personal documents ) get returned from the CSS after 129 NOA2 or is it believed to go to th NVC and on to the consulate?

Thanks ...

One thing to note, do not include any original document in you I-129F filing unless it is expressly required. The only documents that are required to be original are the Form I-129F petition, Form G-325a (USC & fiance(e)), and the Statement of intent to marry (USC & fiance(e)). All other documents and english translations (if required) can be copies. It is crucial to maintain control of original docuemnts because the USCIS will not typically return any of these items to you. So if you can not afford to lose them or they are irreplaceable then keep them in your control.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.