Jamie and Sveta

Interview Prep for Moscow

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all!!!

My fiancé (Sveta) will have her interview in Moscow August 29. As far as my financial documents, everything is very well prepared. My only question is about our evidence...

Here is what we have...

About 25 emails dated for various dates.

Skype Logs showing all calls and some messaging.

80 pictures

Scans of our passports showing a vacation in Cyprus.

Hotel receipts (Moscow and Cyprus)

A printed page (from her email) showing all poems and dates that I wrote them.

Calling card receipts and records.

Flight receipts from our trip to Cyprus.

Several cards that I sent to her.

All of her required papers.

Her engagement ring and receipt.

Not to mention email copies of floral receipts and we "front loaded" out initial petition.

Does it seem like enough????

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by Jamie and Sveta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's a lot more than we had. You will be fine. VERY rare to have an AP or denial.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

This is a great evidence packet. You covered everything, so don't worry you will be fine.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

That's a lot more than we had. You will be fine. VERY rare to have an AP or denial.

Thanks Neonred!!! I am a bit of a chronic worrier!!!! :-)

This is a great evidence packet. You covered everything, so don't worry you will be fine.

Thanks Oxsana and Max, I appreciate the confidence!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks Neonred!!! I am a bit of a chronic worrier!!!! :-)

Thanks Oxsana and Max, I appreciate the confidence!!!

Sounds good , make sure she knows all about you and your "sordid" background.....and to just be prepared to get asked some purposefully false questions just to gauge her response.

Also maybe include a letter describing your relationship timeline and how you met then met in person and how the relationship blossomed, referencing the evidence as proof.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Hello all!!!

My fiancé (Sveta) will have her interview in Moscow August 29. As far as my financial documents, everything is very well prepared. My only question is about our evidence...

Here is what we have...

80 pictures

Not to mention email copies of floral receipts and we "front loaded" out initial petition.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hey Jamie, I have been watching your progress for a while. Glad to see you are getting an interview. We obviously haven't scheduled anything yet, but I am curious about the process and interview times. Can you tell me if the date you chose was first available or if you were working with another schedule? Sveta's interview is just under 80 days from your NOA2, so I was wondering if this is typical for interview wait times right now in Moscow. As usual, we are trying to speculate as to when we will be together and also schedule future work things for both of us. The way things are with VSC, who knows when it will be and we keep pushing things back as the weeks go by... Thanks for any information you can provide. I really appreciate it.

K1 VISA / I129F

Vermont Service Center

Received: 1/19/2012

NOA1: 1/23/2012

Touched: 2/9/2012

NOA2: 7/30/2012

NVC Received: 08/08/2012

NVC Fwd To Consulate: 08/10/2012

Notification From Embassy: 08/27/2012

Interview: 09/25/2012 (Approved)

POE: 10/22/2012

Wedding: 10/26/2012

Timeline

Hello all!!!

Here is what we have...

80 pictures

Thanks in advance!!!

That should be plenty, they only looked at a few pictures of Ruzana's and no chat logs

Timeline

Sounds good , make sure she knows all about you and your "sordid" background.....and to just be prepared to get asked some purposefully false questions just to gauge her response.

Also maybe include a letter describing your relationship timeline and how you met then met in person and how the relationship blossomed, referencing the evidence as proof.

Ok, thanks Baron... very good advise. I actually forgot that I had included a letter (very neatly typed) describing (in one page) our relationship from first conversation through our filing at USCIS. Maybe I should update?

That should be plenty, they only looked at a few pictures of Ruzana's and no chat logs

Thanks Ken!!

Thanks Ken!!

Timeline

Hey Jamie, I have been watching your progress for a while. Glad to see you are getting an interview. We obviously haven't scheduled anything yet, but I am curious about the process and interview times. Can you tell me if the date you chose was first available or if you were working with another schedule? Sveta's interview is just under 80 days from your NOA2, so I was wondering if this is typical for interview wait times right now in Moscow. As usual, we are trying to speculate as to when we will be together and also schedule future work things for both of us. The way things are with VSC, who knows when it will be and we keep pushing things back as the weeks go by... Thanks for any information you can provide. I really appreciate it.

Sure, not a problem. There were even a couple of dates open next week, according to Sveta, but we needed to time to prepare. Our papers were only at NVC for a few days (on my timeline it may not be exact). All I remember exactly was calling them and getting my MOS### then a few days later received an email from the embassy stating that it was time to schedule her appointment. I know some have said that it was difficult to do, but I went to my bank (used my debit card to pay for her visa) to open my account for Russia, waited 24 hours after (it takes time for them to process payment) and had absolutely no problems scheduling.

Wow, it sure looks like you are prepared. It sounds like you will need a forklift to deliver everything.

Now, start preparing for a really great autumn with your sweetie. :thumbs:

Timeline

Sure, not a problem. There were even a couple of dates open next week, according to Sveta, but we needed to time to prepare. Our papers were only at NVC for a few days (on my timeline it may not be exact). All I remember exactly was calling them and getting my MOS### then a few days later received an email from the embassy stating that it was time to schedule her appointment. I know some have said that it was difficult to do, but I went to my bank (used my debit card to pay for her visa) to open my account for Russia, waited 24 hours after (it takes time for them to process payment) and had absolutely no problems scheduling.

Thank You Very Much for all the information... Very kind of you to share... I sincerely wish you both all the best in this and your future together!!!

K1 VISA / I129F

Vermont Service Center

Received: 1/19/2012

NOA1: 1/23/2012

Touched: 2/9/2012

NOA2: 7/30/2012

NVC Received: 08/08/2012

NVC Fwd To Consulate: 08/10/2012

Notification From Embassy: 08/27/2012

Interview: 09/25/2012 (Approved)

POE: 10/22/2012

Wedding: 10/26/2012

Timeline

Thank You Very Much for all the information... Very kind of you to share... I sincerely wish you both all the best in this and your future together!!!

Thank you Tom!!!

Timeline

Wow, it sure looks like you are prepared. It sounds like you will need a forklift to deliver everything.

Now, start preparing for a really great autumn with your sweetie. :thumbs:

Thanks, I've got everything planned already!!!!! Our first week is exactly to the hour!!! (I'm terrible)

Timeline

I've heard and read that evidence is not something they really even look at. My fiancee is taking all our pictures together and that's all.

Yeah, I heard that they just glance at it if at all, but I've always lived my the motto "better to have and not need, than to need and not have". Да?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.