X Factor

Gay Activists Protest Chick-fil-A With Same Sex Kiss Day

160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you'd like to invest in such, let me know ;)

explain what you mean.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Isn't it a value judgment?

At one time the consensus culture was that interracial marriage was a no-no.

That changed slowly and eventually a critical mass of pro-interracial marriage people existed and the laws changed. It was disruptive but it only happened because the cultural change necessary to make it happen had already occurred to a sufficient extent.

The same is true for gay marriage today. There is a cultural shift underway and Danno is stuck on the old side of this shift. One day, critical mass will be achieved in this country and gay marriage will become just part of the marriage landscape the way interracial marriage is today.

One wonders what the next cultural shift will be.

Go into that in a little greater detail to draw the comparison.

How many states kept such laws and how many centuries of history held such laws to be a "standard".

It would seem you could make the same claim by saying "age limits" also was the foundation of Marriage when in fact age, race, class blood relations.... weren't these all moveable details hammered out by local communities while the ROCK SOLID sacrament was the union of a man and a women. That was universal and our whole society was based on this order.

Not the age of the couple .. nor the race nor blood relations.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1343763684[/url]' post='5571945']

. That was universal and our whole society was based on this

and there was a time when the Earth was the center of the universe and you might lose your life if you disagreed.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Go into that in a little greater detail to draw the comparison.

How many states kept such laws and how many centuries of history held such laws to be a "standard".

It would seem you could make the same claim by saying "age limits" also was the foundation of Marriage when in fact age, race, class blood relations.... weren't these all moveable details hammered out by local communities while the ROCK SOLID sacrament was the union of a man and a women. That was universal and our whole society was based on this order.

Not the age of the couple .. nor the race nor blood relations.

But...why? Why do we accept that something is right just because it's always been that way. I want a reason for my rules.

As human beings, as a society, we learn, we progress, we make changes based on new ideas. That's a good thing, in my opinion.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

But...why? Why do we accept that something is right just because it's always been that way. I want a reason for my rules.

As human beings, as a society, we learn, we progress, we make changes based on new ideas. That's a good thing, in my opinion.

Some people are afraid of change. That's the only explanation I can think of. Just because things have been this way for a long time doesn't mean they should ALWAYS be this way. Society adapts, grows, changes, etc. And unfortunately, some are against it whenever it happens.

Timeline

and there was a time when the Earth was the center of the universe and you might lose your life if you disagreed.

Focus a little more on the topic.

As right now there are countries which will take your liberty if you "DISAGREE" with the concepts you support.

William Penn

As right now there are countries which will take your liberty if you "DISAGREE" with the concepts you support.

So? What does this mean?

Timeline

Some people are afraid of change. That's the only explanation I can think of. Just because things have been this way for a long time doesn't mean they should ALWAYS be this way. Society adapts, grows, changes, etc. And unfortunately, some are against it whenever it happens.

So you might support the repeal of laws which forbid adult parent/child unions?

William Penn

Timeline

So? What does this mean?

You have a canadian flag on your profile, are you not aware of the laws and what can be considered hate-speach in that country or what the penalties for that are for speaking out or disagreeing with Gay marriage or Homosexual relations?

William Penn

What is it with the anti-gay crowd always going down this road? Do you honestly believe it's a logical argument? Because it makes you look absolutely silly.

I believe two consenting adults should be able to get married. Regardless of gender. The end.

Now, you can go on and attempt to link this into random scenarios about incest, or bestiality, or whatever you'll come up with next, or a man marrying a car but I'm not buying it.

Think before you type this nonsense. Seriously.

You have a canadian flag on your profile, are you not aware of the laws and what can be considered hate-speach in that country or what the penalties for that are for speaking out or disagreeing with Gay marriage or Homosexual relations?

Educate me about my home country, please. What are these horrible penalties for someone who doesn't like gay people?

Edited by Evylin

Well, I guess any hope of an intelligent conversation on the topic is over.

It's their go-to argument. It's sad and hilarious every time.

Filed: Timeline

Do you foresee the consensus culture approving of something like that?

If you do, I'd suggest you misunderstand the cultural drivers behind the current value shift in favor of gay marriage.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1343764319[/url]' post='5571969']

Focus a little more on the topic.

Actually I was right on target. There were countries that would hang you if you disagreed or challenged the notion that the Earth was not the center of the universe.

We are talking about the same thing.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

What is it with the anti-gay crowd always going down this road? Do you honestly believe it's a logical argument? Because it makes you look absolutely silly.

I believe two consenting adults should be able to get married. Regardless of gender. The end.

Now, you can go on and attempt to link this into random scenarios about incest, or bestiality, or whatever you'll come up with next, or a man marrying a car but I'm not buying it.

Think before you type this nonsense. Seriously.

Who are you to decide what two people can decide for their lives?

Don't take an easy dodge, answer the question.

Are you standing on principle or not?

Who are you to take prohibitions based on a Christian order to impose restrictions on others>?

Who are you to tell the Bi-sexual person they must choose one or the other?

William Penn