jadeandash

Medical exam (St. Lukes)

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. i need help on what is exactly needed for me to go to the medical at st. lukes. I already paid the visa interview fee and made and appointment. the NVC has sent the approved petition to Manila over the weekend and it is now en-route to USEM. does anyone know if we have to wait for Manila to mail an official letter to us before we go to st. lukes? also what else is needed? please advice. we are just trying to do the medical asap since my schedule only allows me to do it in the next week. thank you!!!

Go as soon as you get your interview date to St. Lukes. The Embassy will give you the info you need.

I think you can go before that but I am not certain. I remember another person that went before her receiving her interview date and she said it was no problem. I had my wife wait until we received an interview date and I had her go to Manila to get the physical because of the concern with additional TB testing if they suspect anything from the x-rays. Fortunately for my wife, that was never an issue but for many, it will delay their interview because they need to pass the medical before they can get the interview at the embassy.

The spetum test can delay around 6 weeks.

She can always call St Lukes and ask if she can come now for the physical. I think she needs to make an appointment if I remember correctly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone. i need help on what is exactly needed for me to go to the medical at st. lukes. I already paid the visa interview fee and made and appointment. the NVC has sent the approved petition to Manila over the weekend and it is now en-route to USEM. does anyone know if we have to wait for Manila to mail an official letter to us before we go to st. lukes? also what else is needed? please advice. we are just trying to do the medical asap since my schedule only allows me to do it in the next week. thank you!!!

Some countries want the medical done within a 30 day time before the interview.

Well, if your petition is on the way to USEM., No need to wait for interview letter. You can have your medical in advance. Just be sure your interview is not far behind. medical exam at St. Lukes has a expiration (3-6 months) depends on your case/medical result.

Just present a copy of NOA2

passport and its photocopy to the guard upon entering

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Wife went on a Monday-Tuesday Medical visit to St. Lukes, got her results on Wednesday, and had her interview on Friday. Just make sure that you don't go to your medical during your menstrual cycle, it is not allowed, they will ask you to come back. You can make an appointment at St. Lukes Medical Extension Clinic online, and avoid all the additional paperwork needed when you arrive. My wife arrived at 5:00am and began standing in line. They opened the doors at 6:15am, and she was there about 4 hours. If you have any vaccination records, take them with you. I hope this helps. St. Lukes Website is below. Take Care and God Bless. I've attached the instructions that the US Embassy in Manila sends applicants. Follow the steps, and make sure you take the necessary copies.

http://www.slec.ph/

Instruction Package K1 Visa..pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum; topic is country specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No for sure you don't need to wait for a letter from the embassy (we are still waiting for that letter :lol: ).

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy Letter:

http://photos.state....3__rtf2_005.pdf

(Tagalog) http://photos.state....2__rtf2_007.pdf

(The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different browser.)

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

Embassy (Manila) Phone Number (and email)

(632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 (local number: USEM 3012000 loc 5184/5185 call them around 3-4:30pm)

** (214) 571-1600 or (646) 254-3546 (these are USA numbers)

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

In order to serve our visa applicants more efficiently, we have created this new e-mail address: IVMNLAppointments@state.gov , for early appointment requests and visa scheduling issues. Please note, however, that early appointment requests will be approved on a case to case basis (i.e., aging out cases, or in cases involving personal or medical emergencies), and only if visa interview slots are available.

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant's last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less.

The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

St. Luke's:

http://www.slec.ph/u...l#required-docs

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy, and of course the 2X2 photos. (copy of annulment is asked for at times)

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Preregister at St. Luke's, it saves time when you arrive.

CFO: ALL exiting required to attend. There are been changed with CFO so for sure read through the website.

http://www.cfo.gov.p...atid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My Wife went on a Monday-Tuesday Medical visit to St. Lukes, got her results on Wednesday, and had her interview on Friday. Just make sure that you don't go to your medical during your menstrual cycle, it is not allowed, they will ask you to come back. You can make an appointment at St. Lukes Medical Extension Clinic online, and avoid all the additional paperwork needed when you arrive. My wife arrived at 5:00am and began standing in line. They opened the doors at 6:15am, and she was there about 4 hours. If you have any vaccination records, take them with you. I hope this helps. St. Lukes Website is below. Take Care and God Bless. I've attached the instructions that the US Embassy in Manila sends applicants. Follow the steps, and make sure you take the necessary copies.

http://www.slec.ph/

Thanks pal I just sent this information to my fiancee. Good tip about the menstration issue :thumbs:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Go as soon as you get your interview date to St. Lukes. The Embassy will give you the info you need.

I think you can go before that but I am not certain. I remember another person that went before her receiving her interview date and she said it was no problem. I had my wife wait until we received an interview date and I had her go to Manila to get the physical because of the concern with additional TB testing if they suspect anything from the x-rays. Fortunately for my wife, that was never an issue but for many, it will delay their interview because they need to pass the medical before they can get the interview at the embassy.

The spetum test can delay around 6 weeks.

She can always call St Lukes and ask if she can come now for the physical. I think she needs to make an appointment if I remember correctly.

Thank you!!!

Timeline

You need the manila case number...they going to ask that from you. You need to bring pictures too. Did you mail the NVC for your manila case number?

I called NVC and got the case number. But according to some other info we have to havea letter from embassy before i go to the medical. Is there any truth to that

Timeline

No for sure you don't need to wait for a letter from the embassy (we are still waiting for that letter :lol: ).

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy Letter:

http://photos.state....3__rtf2_005.pdf

(Tagalog) http://photos.state....2__rtf2_007.pdf

(The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different browser.)

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

Embassy (Manila) Phone Number (and email)

(632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 (local number: USEM 3012000 loc 5184/5185 call them around 3-4:30pm)

** (214) 571-1600 or (646) 254-3546 (these are USA numbers)

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

In order to serve our visa applicants more efficiently, we have created this new e-mail address: IVMNLAppointments@state.gov , for early appointment requests and visa scheduling issues. Please note, however, that early appointment requests will be approved on a case to case basis (i.e., aging out cases, or in cases involving personal or medical emergencies), and only if visa interview slots are available.

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant's last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less.

The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

St. Luke's:

http://www.slec.ph/u...l#required-docs

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy, and of course the 2X2 photos. (copy of annulment is asked for at times)

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Preregister at St. Luke's, it saves time when you arrive.

CFO: ALL exiting required to attend. There are been changed with CFO so for sure read through the website.

http://www.cfo.gov.p...atid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Thank you for all the links and help. We will attempt to do the medical without the letter. Hope they will accept us with just the interview confirmation and NOA 2. Crossing fingers! BTW did u attend the interview? Do u recomend my fiance to be with me?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello jadeandash how are you? Here's the thing's that your fiancee bring in st. luke. 1. Appointment Confirmation, 2. (2) copies of Online Registration in st. luke, 3. (3) copies of 2x2 pictures write her fullname in the back of the picture, 4. Passport and photo copy of it, 5. NOA2, 6. Letter from NVC showing Manila Case # if you have it, 7. Payment 9,589 Php, 8. Black ballpen. She need to be there earlier than 5:00 a.m. Make her medical 1 or 2 week before her interview bcoz sometime you didn't know what well be the result of her x-ray. If st. luke's find a little problem in her lung's she gonna be under sputum for 3 days and you'll be delay bcoz you gonna follow the 2 month's culture ( it's suck :crying: ). Hope this well help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee just did her medical and all we had was ghe appointment sent. Nothing was sent to us, only the MNL case number I got when I called NVC. Also, my fiancee's m went with her and she had to wait outside. She said there was a couple mom's and foreigner's there with their fiancee with kids, I'm assuming tgey were allowed in because the child was also doing the medical..

My fiancee just did her medical and all we had was ghe appointment sent. Nothing was sent to us, only the MNL case number I got when I called NVC. Also, my fiancee's m went with her and she had to wait outside. She said there was a couple mom's and foreigner's there with their fiancee with kids, I'm assuming tgey were allowed in because the child was also doing the medical..

ghe appointment sent= the appointment set.. Sorry for the bad spelling

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Junior member is right when it comes to medical, they r strict especially when it comes to child /children, if the TB results is Positive minimum wait is 6 months the child has to go St Luke's for daily medication. I was lucky to have my step-son tested outside St Luke's before I filed for I-29F and treated for 3 months and continue the treatment with St Luke's medical clinic.

Piece of advice also when filing for I-485 includes the child in your application for change of status after you get married.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.