MyLittlePony

California speed limit posted higher.

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1342970413[/url]' post='5545994']

Slow down and enjoy the scenery. You will live longer, without all that stress. Leave five minutes earlier, and you won't have to rush.

The issue is that I find it more stressful to drive under those conditions because you never know when someone will pull in front of you to pass the guy who's blocking traffic on the left lane. If people were more considerate and did not block the left lane, we all would be able to observe the speed limit and enjoy the scenery. Sometimes it takes cops to turn on their lights to get drivers to move over and let traffic flow.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

The missus puts it on cruise control at 85 on the I-5 between the grapevine and Santa Nella. She thinks she is Danica Patrick on the job at Sears Point!

It's not Sear's Point anymore. It was changed to Infineon Raceway, and now, it is just Sonoma Raceway.

The issue is that I find it more stressful to drive under those conditions because you never know when someone will pull in front of you to pass the guy who's blocking traffic on the left lane. If people were more considerate and did not block the left lane, we all would be able to observe the speed limit and enjoy the scenery. Sometimes it takes cops to turn on their lights to get drivers to move over and let traffic flow.

Your premise was that the driver was driving the speed limit. So, if you want to drive faster than him, you would, in fact, be violating the law.

Timeline
1342971842[/url]' post='5546028']

Your premise was that the driver was driving the speed limit. So, if you want to drive faster than him, you would, in fact, be violating the law.

If I happen to be on the left lane and I see someone approaching I move over safely and let others pass. It is not my job to ensure others enforce the speed limit and I find it is safer than having others pass me on the right. I'd rather be safe than right, besides it is a matter of courtesy, IMHO.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I'd rather be safe than right.

Such is the pity, that you decide which laws you should follow, and which ones you should not. So much for democracy and representative government, that such responsibility should be exercised by all citizens, the rule of law.

Timeline
1342972727[/url]' post='5546049']

Such is the pity, that you decide which laws you should follow, and which ones you should not. So much for democracy and representative government, that such responsibility should be exercised by all citizens, the rule of law.

I agree with you, and that is why there are law enforcement patrols along the highway. I'd rather be safe and that others on the road be safe, than to cause an accident in the event the guy behind me is having issues with his brakes or has a stuck gas pedal or simply wants to go faster. It is no different than not proceeding at a green light when you see someone approaching who seems to be unable to stop, for whatever reason. IMHO better safe than t-boned...

LOL. Q: When is it ok to do 100mph on the freeway? A: Whenever there is a runaway truck doing 99mph right behind you...

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I agree with you, and that is why there are law enforcement patrols along the highway. I'd rather be safe and that others on the road be safe, than to cause an accident in the event the guy behind me is having issues with his breaks or has a stuck gas pedal or simply wants to go faster. It is no different than not proceeding at a green light when you see someone approaching who seems to be unable to stop, for whatever reason. IMHO better safe than t-boned...

LOL. Q: When is it ok to do 100mph on the freeway? A: Whenever there is a runaway truck doing 99mph right behind you...

Hyperbole will not excuse your reckless lawbreaking, or your typical liberal hypocrisy.

Timeline
1342973344[/url]' post='5546059']

Hyperbole will not excuse your reckless lawbreaking, or your typical liberal hypocrisy.

I agree with you, but speeding is not a political persuasion.

Even justice Scalia, confessed on national TV, to reckless lawbreaking [sic] at times! And he is not really a liberal.

That is why I prefer not to engage in the hypocritical past-time of casting stones, having had a couple of speeding tickets to my record myself. I guess it is just part of our human condition.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Not only that but also it is prohibited by law to travel on the left lane, which can only be used for passing... So you are free to use it provided you're going faster than everyone else.

+1

The Seward Highway up here has by far the most fatal accidents of all our roads and most of them are caused by people trying to pass slow drivers in the left hand lane. It's like people these days don't realize that the left hand lane is a passing lane.

btw it wouldn't bother me one bit if they banned cruise control from all vehicles. It would save some stupidity.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline
1342976574[/url]' post='5546107']

+1

The Seward Highway up here has by far the most fatal accidents of all our roads and most of them are caused by people trying to pass slow drivers in the left hand lane. It's like people these days don't realize that the left hand lane is a passing lane.

btw it wouldn't bother me one bit if they banned cruise control from all vehicles. It would save some stupidity.

X 10.

I believe cruise control is also dangerous for it helps the setting of highway hipnosys on long stretches of road.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is my point. There is a reason for the signs along the highway directing 'slower traffic (to) keep right'

No point of having that sign up either they speed in the right lane too and ride your bumper.

I agree with you, but speeding is not a political persuasion.

Even justice Scalia, confessed on national TV, to reckless lawbreaking [sic] at times!

What are you, like in the third grade? By your analogy, because Clinton had so many dalliances while married to Hilary it is okay for me to cheat on my wife.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it's also pretty darn dangerous when its raining.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

it's also pretty darn dangerous when its raining.

Trucks used to use governors to set the maximum speed a truck could go, and cops used to check those to make sure they were not disconnected. Back in the day when you had multiple shifters, it kept you from over revving the engine when you missed a gear.