waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Isi,

I am not sure how much the shots cost in the US but I am sure Roberto is going to have to get some there. He is missing only about 3. Here in Juarez the shots he would have needed cost between 30 and 50 dollars each. They didn't even give him the option of shots because he was in a K1 line. They put K1 no vaccines on his letter from the very beginning in the morning. So when we get to KY he will get the shots there as soon as possible.

Margaret,

I am so happy we are at this hotel. It is so convenient and has free internet. We have gone back and forth between here and the clinic, the consulate and the mall for the past few days. I was so happy we stayed in a hotel this close when we forgot the copies of the DS 156.

Roberto has been in there for two and a half hours, which was just enough time to fill out most of the AOS forms :)

Genny

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GUYS!!!!! AND WISH YOU THE BEST, I HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT A LONG TIME TO GET THE VISA.....

TODAY I CALLED NVC, INSTEAD OF JUAREZ, AND THEY INFORMED ME THAT CIUDAD JUAREZ STILL HAS NOT RECEIVED THE 'PHYSICAL PAPER COPY'....THIS IS KILLING ME RIGHT NOW...WE WILL TRY AGAIN NEXT WEEK....:(

TAKE CARE AND KEEP US POSTED.

PSALM: 120- 1. I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. "

VISIT MY WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Isi,

I am not sure how much the shots cost in the US but I am sure Roberto is going to have to get some there. He is missing only about 3. Here in Juarez the shots he would have needed cost between 30 and 50 dollars each. They didn't even give him the option of shots because he was in a K1 line. They put K1 no vaccines on his letter from the very beginning in the morning. So when we get to KY he will get the shots there as soon as possible.

Margaret,

I am so happy we are at this hotel. It is so convenient and has free internet. We have gone back and forth between here and the clinic, the consulate and the mall for the past few days. I was so happy we stayed in a hotel this close when we forgot the copies of the DS 156.

Roberto has been in there for two and a half hours, which was just enough time to fill out most of the AOS forms :)

Genny

I know, right. It was very convenient.

I'm glad things are going well for you guys. I'll say a little prayer :)

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-04

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 08/13/2009

NVC Received : 08/18/2009

NVC Left : 08/19/2009

Consulate Received : 08/24/2009

Packet 3 Received : still have not received packet 3(10/12/09) but called and finished processing 09/18/09

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 09/22/09 needs waiver

Visa Received :

US Entry : 7/28/2012

Marriage :09/25/2012

AOS

Sent AOS Paperwork: 11/09/2012

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Timeline
Isi,

Margaret,

Genny

I know, right. It was very convenient.

I'm glad things are going well for you guys. I'll say a little prayer :)

Still waiting, 6 hours later and there really aren't that many people here si I guess I thought that would make things go faster. I just found out the hard way that you arent allowed to take pictures of the consulate. :( I took a few pictures of everything else but they aren't really different from Isi's. I would like to have a picture of all of the armed military people but after I was stopped by the consulate guards (over the megaphone) I don't think it would be a good idea.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Filed: Timeline

I think waiting is a good thing amiga!! Hang in there!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-20

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Timeline

He got it! More later. Poor thing is so starving. We need to go take him to eat. The person who interviewed him was rude but WHO CARES he got it!! His interviewer took his B1-B2 and said oh you have a visa.... I mean you had one because now you dont and stamped canceled on it and laughed. She also said Oh, your girlfriend is a doctor (Im not Im a PhD) and you? What are you? When he said licenciado she said can you live with that ? That she is a doctor and you are not? He said yes. He said she asked tons of questions. Where I live and work. The full names of my parents. Where we met and how. She didn't ask anything he didn't know. We are so happy. It is a huge relief.

some pics of where we are:

http://picasaweb.google.com/genny.ballard/Juarez#

Edited by gerrymeridamx

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Filed: Timeline

That's awesome!!! Congratulations!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-20

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS GENNI!!!

:star:

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Congrats Genny and Roberto!!!!! :thumbs: I am so happy for you guys!

Sandi

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 05/16/09

I-129F Received: 05/19/09

I-129 NOA2: 08/24/09

NVC Received : 08/24/09

NVC Left : 8/26/09

Consulate Received : 08/31/09

Packet 3 Sent :10/01/09

Letter from Congresswoman: 10/02/09

Official Letter: 10/13/09

Medical: 11/02/09

Interview: 11/04/09

Visa Approved: 11/04/09

AOS approved: 04/21/10

ROC sent: 01/25/12

ROC received: 01/27/12 and signed

Check cashed: 01/31/12

NOA hard copy received: 02/03/12

Biometrics:02/17/12

ROC approved:6/25/12

Timeline

Here is what Roberto writes about his interview day:

Mi experiencia fue de la siguiente manera:

Fue tardado y tedioso todo el proceso de la visa. Al decir lo anterior es en función a la espera ya que en si la entrevista, la entrega de documentos y la toma de huellas fueron rápidas. Cuando llegué al consulado hice una fila en donde me preguntaron qué tipo de visa iba a tramitar. Me pidieron que no lleves cosméticos, cámaras, celulares, usb, ipods, cortaúñas, tijeras, etc, etc. Una vez que entré personal del consulado me pidió el pasaporte, el pago bancario y la carta de la entrevista. Una vez que ubicaron que mi caso es un K1 me pidieron una copia del formato DS-156, que es el único documento del que tenía que traer copia, de lo demás no me pidieron copia.

Ya que me revisaron los documentos me permitieron el acceso al consulado en donde entré a un punto o filtro de seguridad en donde me revisaron, de nueva cuenta, para permitirme entrar. Una vez pasado esto me canalizaron con una persona que me preguntó, de nueva cuenta, qué tipo de visa iba a tramitar. Una vez que ya le dije a que iba, ésta misma persona me asignó un número que debía conservar durante toda mi estancia dentro del consulado. Este número me sirvió para que una vez que entré a las salas de espera pude ver las pantallas donde sale el número de la persona y el módulo al que se debe de dirigir para hacer el papeleo.

Entonces ya me asignaron mi número. Después me mandaron a una sala de espera que tiene pantallas, ahí tenía que esperar un buen rato hasta que apareció mi número.... Fue cansado y tedioso, en mi caso, esperé casi dos horas hasta que vi mi número. En todo ese tiempo tenía que estar atento a la pantalla para que no perdiera mi oportunidad.

Apareció mi número en la pantalla y junto al número salió el cubículo al que debía de ir. Entonces fui al sitio indicado. En este primer punto me pidieron todos mis documentos. El personal del consulado me pidió que primero entregara todos los formatos que baje del internet, mis fotos, los demás documentos y al finalmente los documentos que respalden los ingresos económicos de mi prometida Esto fue rápido como tenía preparada mi documentación no tardé más de cinco minutos.

Posteriormente me mandaron a la sala de espera para que otra vez estuviera al pendiente de las pantallas y esperando que aparezca de nueva cuenta mi número. Ahora mi espera fue para la toma de huellas, esto es rápido. Me tomaron las huellas y me mandaron otra vez a la sala de espera para que ver las pantallas para saber a qué módulo me mandaron para la entrevista. Esta es la parte más tediosa de todo el proceso, ya que tuve que esperar más de cuatro horas y uno cae en ciertos niveles de desesperación ya que veía que van saliendo números, pasa la gente, pasan las horas y no te llaman, y lo peor es que no hay nadie que te de una explicación clara de lo que está pasando. Si bien te va uno de los guardias te dice que sí ya te tomaron las huellas debes de esperar " un poco más de lo normal". Y así pasan las horas y uno se siente cansado, aburrido, ignorado, etc, etc. Hasta que de repente vi la pantalla, salió mi numero y prácticamente, sin pensarlo dos veces, me dirigí al módulo 72 y ahí ya me esperaba con todo mi expediente una chica, un tanto irónica y grosera, quien pregunto cosas como: cómo me llamo, dónde nací, cómo se llama mi novia, los nombres de mis suegros, me preguntó cuando nos íbamos a casar, cómo nos conocimos, me pidió que relatara como nos conocimos, desde cuándo somos novios, etc, etc

Después de unos 10 minutos me indicó que tenía que pasar al módulo de DHL, que está dentro del consulado, para pagar el trámite para recibir mi visa y aquí empieza otro viacrucis porque no te lo entregan inmediatamente. Me dieron un número para verificar, en internet, si el paquete ya había llegado a la oficina de DHL en Juárez. Entonces tengo que esperar que en DHL me digan si ya llegó o no y éste trámite, de acuerdo con DHL el trámite puede durar de uno a cuatro días.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Here is what Roberto writes about his interview day:

Mi experiencia fue de la siguiente manera:

Fue tardado y tedioso todo el proceso de la visa. Al decir lo anterior es en función a la espera ya que en si la entrevista, la entrega de documentos y la toma de huellas fueron rápidas. Cuando llegué al consulado hice una fila en donde me preguntaron qué tipo de visa iba a tramitar. Me pidieron que no lleves cosméticos, cámaras, celulares, usb, ipods, cortaúñas, tijeras, etc, etc. Una vez que entré personal del consulado me pidió el pasaporte, el pago bancario y la carta de la entrevista. Una vez que ubicaron que mi caso es un K1 me pidieron una copia del formato DS-156, que es el único documento del que tenía que traer copia, de lo demás no me pidieron copia.

Ya que me revisaron los documentos me permitieron el acceso al consulado en donde entré a un punto o filtro de seguridad en donde me revisaron, de nueva cuenta, para permitirme entrar. Una vez pasado esto me canalizaron con una persona que me preguntó, de nueva cuenta, qué tipo de visa iba a tramitar. Una vez que ya le dije a que iba, ésta misma persona me asignó un número que debía conservar durante toda mi estancia dentro del consulado. Este número me sirvió para que una vez que entré a las salas de espera pude ver las pantallas donde sale el número de la persona y el módulo al que se debe de dirigir para hacer el papeleo.

Entonces ya me asignaron mi número. Después me mandaron a una sala de espera que tiene pantallas, ahí tenía que esperar un buen rato hasta que apareció mi número.... Fue cansado y tedioso, en mi caso, esperé casi dos horas hasta que vi mi número. En todo ese tiempo tenía que estar atento a la pantalla para que no perdiera mi oportunidad.

Apareció mi número en la pantalla y junto al número salió el cubículo al que debía de ir. Entonces fui al sitio indicado. En este primer punto me pidieron todos mis documentos. El personal del consulado me pidió que primero entregara todos los formatos que baje del internet, mis fotos, los demás documentos y al finalmente los documentos que respalden los ingresos económicos de mi prometida Esto fue rápido como tenía preparada mi documentación no tardé más de cinco minutos.

Posteriormente me mandaron a la sala de espera para que otra vez estuviera al pendiente de las pantallas y esperando que aparezca de nueva cuenta mi número. Ahora mi espera fue para la toma de huellas, esto es rápido. Me tomaron las huellas y me mandaron otra vez a la sala de espera para que ver las pantallas para saber a qué módulo me mandaron para la entrevista. Esta es la parte más tediosa de todo el proceso, ya que tuve que esperar más de cuatro horas y uno cae en ciertos niveles de desesperación ya que veía que van saliendo números, pasa la gente, pasan las horas y no te llaman, y lo peor es que no hay nadie que te de una explicación clara de lo que está pasando. Si bien te va uno de los guardias te dice que sí ya te tomaron las huellas debes de esperar " un poco más de lo normal". Y así pasan las horas y uno se siente cansado, aburrido, ignorado, etc, etc. Hasta que de repente vi la pantalla, salió mi numero y prácticamente, sin pensarlo dos veces, me dirigí al módulo 72 y ahí ya me esperaba con todo mi expediente una chica, un tanto irónica y grosera, quien pregunto cosas como: cómo me llamo, dónde nací, cómo se llama mi novia, los nombres de mis suegros, me preguntó cuando nos íbamos a casar, cómo nos conocimos, me pidió que relatara como nos conocimos, desde cuándo somos novios, etc, etc

Después de unos 10 minutos me indicó que tenía que pasar al módulo de DHL, que está dentro del consulado, para pagar el trámite para recibir mi visa y aquí empieza otro viacrucis porque no te lo entregan inmediatamente. Me dieron un número para verificar, en internet, si el paquete ya había llegado a la oficina de DHL en Juárez. Entonces tengo que esperar que en DHL me digan si ya llegó o no y éste trámite, de acuerdo con DHL el trámite puede durar de uno a cuatro días.

Wow ... 6 horas de espera en total???!!! Yo estuve como 3 y pense que eran muchas :wacko:

Por lo de DHL no te preocupes que las visas K son mas rapidas de entregar y mas siendo "blanco" tu historial ... la mia estuvo ese mismo dia a las 5 de la tarde solo que no pude ir por ella porque desafortunadamente la actualizacion del web site es muy tardada pero creeme, de todo el tiempo de espera este es el mas dulce!!

Congratulations Genni, are you flying back today?

I'm so happy for you guys ... which will be the POE?

:star:

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Timeline

Yes I fly back today :( His point of entry will probably be ATL but we havent bought the ticket yet, not until we have the visa in hand. DHL will open in 10 min so we are calling right away.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Timeline

We went to DHL today to see if Roberto's visa had been sent. The attendant told him to come back on Monday after 12:00 because things are running slow right now. Since I am leaving today and we were paying 1300 a night at the Holiday Inn Roberto moved over to the Microtel. We are there right now waiting for the taxi (Victor) to get me to take me back to El Paso. Roberto has a flight home for Tuesday. Total he will have to be in Juarez for 7 days :( But still once he has the visa in hand we are buying his ticket to come to the US.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Timeline

Ok I promise not to keep triple posting, but for those of you that are getting ready to go to Juarez make sure you get a $60 a day rate at the Holiday Inn. If you didn't already get a good rate on the

internet then you need to talk to someone and get that rate. Don't pay too much!

Roberto is still in Juarez until he gets the package at DHL. So you might see him Chinman. He went to the Archeological ruins "Casas Grandes" today for a visit but he will be back tonight.

Genny

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Ok I promise not to keep triple posting, but for those of you that are getting ready to go to Juarez make sure you get a $60 a day rate at the Holiday Inn. If you didn't already get a good rate on the

internet then you need to talk to someone and get that rate. Don't pay too much!

Roberto is still in Juarez until he gets the package at DHL. So you might see him Chinman. He went to the Archeological ruins "Casas Grandes" today for a visit but he will be back tonight.

Genny

Genny, how can we get the 60 dollar a day rate?

Could you list the documents they actually took from him?

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400
10/08/13 - Received @ 11:35 a.m. @ Lewisville Lockbox

Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.