waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Sandi,

Thank you and I will make sure to tell him you and Genny referred me.

Have you found out when you are going? I think I am the next one to leave. I leave on November 1st. We are both getting very anxious and nervous. Can't think of much else...it is driving me crazy.

Sandi

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 05/16/09

I-129F Received: 05/19/09

I-129 NOA2: 08/24/09

NVC Received : 08/24/09

NVC Left : 8/26/09

Consulate Received : 08/31/09

Packet 3 Sent :10/01/09

Letter from Congresswoman: 10/02/09

Official Letter: 10/13/09

Medical: 11/02/09

Interview: 11/04/09

Visa Approved: 11/04/09

AOS approved: 04/21/10

ROC sent: 01/25/12

ROC received: 01/27/12 and signed

Check cashed: 01/31/12

NOA hard copy received: 02/03/12

Biometrics:02/17/12

ROC approved:6/25/12

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sandi,

No we are still waiting on the Invitation Letter. I was hoping we could go the week of Nov. 16th. To be honest I haven't called because I saw what you, Genny and now Ernesto is going through. I figured I would want a good 4 weeks before I started wasting money on phone calls. I know if I call DOS they will give me the same confusing answers everyone else has received.

I am sure you are both very anxious and nervous. How are you guys getting there? I will have you and chinman in my prayers.

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400
10/08/13 - Received @ 11:35 a.m. @ Lewisville Lockbox

Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Genny,

Thanks he has a ton of questions and feels more comfortable to ask him in Spanish.

Do you know how Victor's service works? If I call and book with him how would I pay for the service or does he just make the reservation?

Andrea

You pay him for his taxi services and he makes the reservation for you at the Holiday Inn. When you call him he will ask if you have a reservation. I didn't do it that way but I wish I had either paid online at one of the places on Booking buddy or through Victor. But Roberto had already paid ahead of time.

Genny

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Timeline
He got it! More later. Poor thing is so starving. We need to go take him to eat. The person who interviewed him was rude but WHO CARES he got it!! His interviewer took his B1-B2 and said oh you have a visa.... I mean you had one because now you dont and stamped canceled on it and laughed. She also said Oh, your girlfriend is a doctor (Im not Im a PhD) and you? What are you? When he said licenciado she said can you live with that ? That she is a doctor and you are not? He said yes. He said she asked tons of questions. Where I live and work. The full names of my parents. Where we met and how. She didn't ask anything he didn't know. We are so happy. It is a huge relief.

some pics of where we are:

http://picasaweb.google.com/genny.ballard/Juarez#

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

I cannot belive she asked him that, that was rude.

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-04

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 08/13/2009

NVC Received : 08/18/2009

NVC Left : 08/19/2009

Consulate Received : 08/24/2009

Packet 3 Received : still have not received packet 3(10/12/09) but called and finished processing 09/18/09

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 09/22/09 needs waiver

Visa Received :

US Entry : 7/28/2012

Marriage :09/25/2012

AOS

Sent AOS Paperwork: 11/09/2012

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Timeline
Ok I promise not to keep triple posting, but for those of you that are getting ready to go to Juarez make sure you get a $60 a day rate at the Holiday Inn. If you didn't already get a good rate on the

internet then you need to talk to someone and get that rate. Don't pay too much!

Roberto is still in Juarez until he gets the package at DHL. So you might see him Chinman. He went to the Archeological ruins "Casas Grandes" today for a visit but he will be back tonight.

Genny

How do you get the $60 rate?

I think we paid 70 or 79 per night

Well I'm at the hotel, but the driver i had arranged called to say he would be an hour late, then called to say someone else was coming, and then that he couldn't come at all. I ended up going outside and using border cab co. They are all regulated by the airport, they can't serve people in Juarez, they can only take them there. so it wasn't toooo bad, but still I was pretty irritated.

The receptionist told me to be in line for the medical before 5

Good luck!!!!

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received : still have not received packet 3(10/12/09) but called and finished processing 09/18/09

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Visa Received :

AOS

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Filed: Timeline

I'll let Ale tell the story, but we got to the medico at 5:30 and we were number 51 in line, probably another 30 or so got in line after we got there. She went in at 6:05 and got out at 8:30.

LLegamos a la Clinica Medica Internacional alrededor de las 5:30 ya habia como unos 50 personas antes que nosotros (encontramos en la calle muchas personas que te ofrecen sus servicios para hacer todos los tramites, pero ninguno de ellos es parte de la clinica o del consulado, asi que no confien ni les muestren ningun documento simplemente sigan).

Una vez que llegas te formas, te dan un no. en un post-it y te toman la temperatura (en este momento puede estar contigo alguna persona que te acompane) una vez que abren a las 6:00 a.m. te revisan tus doctos y solamente pasas tu, te preguntan si es la primera o la segunda vez que vienes (te conviene decir que es la segunda porque sino te dejan esperando hasta que pasen la mayoria de los que van por segunda vez) haces fila para pasar a unas ventanillas donde te revisan tus documentos, te colocan una pulsera para que posteriomente pases a hacer tus examenes medicos.

Para los examenes medico primero te pasan para sacarte sangre donde te impirmen una hoja y un codigo de barras con el que pasaras a pagar a caja al final por lo que no debes perderlo. Una vez que te toman muestra de sangre te pasan a hacer otra fila para hacerte examen de la vista, posteriormente te envian a otra fila para hacerte el examen medico final (son doctoras para revisar mujeres y doctores en el caso de hombre) te dan una bata debes desnudarte completamente y oolocarte la bata, te pesan, te revisan el cuerpo aunque no te tocan para cerciorarse de que no tengas marcas o tatuajes, te preguntan si tienes algun tipo de cirugia estetica, si te han realizado transfusiones de sangre, etc.

En el caso de nuestra visa K1 la doctora me comento que me podia ella enviar al sicologo si lo consideraba necesario y por tal motivo mis resultados no estarian el mismo dia sino un dia despues, pero no me envio por lo que mis doctos estaran el mismo dia.

Cuando estuve dentro escuche comentar que si tienes algun tatuaje o piercing te envian directamente con el sicologo.

Por cierto termine mis examenes a las 8:30, relamente es tedioso pero las personas que te atienden son muy amables

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-20

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'll let Ale tell the story, but we got to the medico at 5:30 and we were number 51 in line, probably another 30 or so got in line after we got there. She went in at 6:05 and got out at 8:30.

LLegamos a la Clinica Medica Internacional alrededor de las 5:30 ya habia como unos 50 personas antes que nosotros (encontramos en la calle muchas personas que te ofrecen sus servicios para hacer todos los tramites, pero ninguno de ellos es parte de la clinica o del consulado, asi que no confien ni les muestren ningun documento simplemente sigan).

Una vez que llegas te formas, te dan un no. en un post-it y te toman la temperatura (en este momento puede estar contigo alguna persona que te acompane) una vez que abren a las 6:00 a.m. te revisan tus doctos y solamente pasas tu, te preguntan si es la primera o la segunda vez que vienes (te conviene decir que es la segunda porque sino te dejan esperando hasta que pasen la mayoria de los que van por segunda vez) haces fila para pasar a unas ventanillas donde te revisan tus documentos, te colocan una pulsera para que posteriomente pases a hacer tus examenes medicos.

Para los examenes medico primero te pasan para sacarte sangre donde te impirmen una hoja y un codigo de barras con el que pasaras a pagar a caja al final por lo que no debes perderlo. Una vez que te toman muestra de sangre te pasan a hacer otra fila para hacerte examen de la vista, posteriormente te envian a otra fila para hacerte el examen medico final (son doctoras para revisar mujeres y doctores en el caso de hombre) te dan una bata debes desnudarte completamente y oolocarte la bata, te pesan, te revisan el cuerpo aunque no te tocan para cerciorarse de que no tengas marcas o tatuajes, te preguntan si tienes algun tipo de cirugia estetica, si te han realizado transfusiones de sangre, etc.

En el caso de nuestra visa K1 la doctora me comento que me podia ella enviar al sicologo si lo consideraba necesario y por tal motivo mis resultados no estarian el mismo dia sino un dia despues, pero no me envio por lo que mis doctos estaran el mismo dia.

Cuando estuve dentro escuche comentar que si tienes algun tatuaje o piercing te envian directamente con el sicologo.

Por cierto termine mis examenes a las 8:30, relamente es tedioso pero las personas que te atienden son muy amables

Hi guys!

Glad everything went fine with the medical part, as you said is kind of boring but they are very organized and polite.

What you said about psychological examination it's a little deeper, they evaluate your behiavior even when you are waiting but most important the way you answer to their questions ... not all tattoos or piercings are red flag for psychological examination.

What I can say is that tattoos and piercings ARE red flag for other drugs tests ... I have 3 tattoos and when the Dr. saw them she focus on drugs questions in very different ways, to me was kind of funny because was too obvious and when she finished she sent me to get an urine test and just then was able to paid and no psychological examination ... no extra charge for urine test by the way.

:star:

Edited by Isi

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Timeline

Isi,

Everyone, (receptionists, cab drivers, random people in the lobby and even the Immigration officer that gave the interview) keeps insisting to Roberto that he needs to go to the bridge once he gets his visa from DHL. I just want to confirm one more time that he doesn't go to the bridge because he is flying back to Merida and his POE will be Atlanta in a few weeks. Is that correct and is there somewhere on the juarez website or other USCIS website where I can find it to put Roberto at ease?

Genny

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Genny,

He only gets it stamped if he is going to use it already. Which you indicated he is flying back to home and entering the US later. He does not need to go to the bridge. I haven't been able to find anything on the Juarez or USISC websites, but I am sure you don't have to get it stamped from reading previous post here on this thread.

Ernesto,

I called NVC today and they said our case was still pending. Tomorrow will be exactly 4 weeks. I think I will give it a few more days and then call NVC and Juarez.

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400
10/08/13 - Received @ 11:35 a.m. @ Lewisville Lockbox

Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Isi,

Everyone, (receptionists, cab drivers, random people in the lobby and even the Immigration officer that gave the interview) keeps insisting to Roberto that he needs to go to the bridge once he gets his visa from DHL. I just want to confirm one more time that he doesn't go to the bridge because he is flying back to Merida and his POE will be Atlanta in a few weeks. Is that correct and is there somewhere on the juarez website or other USCIS website where I can find it to put Roberto at ease?

Genny

Hi Genni,

He doesn't need to go to any bridge, at DHL he needs to check his passport and visa information are correct ... passport number match with one is on visa, lastnames ... everything.

Haven't heard any recently changes on K-1 visas like going to the bridge or something, I asked the Consul at the end of my interview and he told me that JUST if I was ready to travel from Juarez "walking" through the bridge must have for the bridge my DO NOT OPEN YELLOW ENVELOPE has (comes with your visa and passport)

Once I had my visa traveled back to DF and after 2 months came to US ... my POE was Dallas and everything was fine, they didn't asked me for a sign or something like that ... just my yellow envelope, my passport with K-1 visa, few questions about my bf, myself ... That's all.

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Timeline
Isi,

Genny

Did the visa arrive at DHL?

If so how long did it take

See that is what I was confused about. I kept reading about people needing to do that.

Vermont Service Center :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Visa Received :

AOS

Igor's List:

5-15-2009 #280

05-19-2009 #277

05-20-2009 #273

06-01-2009 #253

06-02/2009 #248

06-08-2009 #234

06-11-2009 #229

07-15-2009 #176

17d11daa7e.png

Timeline
Isi,

Genny

Did the visa arrive at DHL?

If so how long did it take

See that is what I was confused about. I kept reading about people needing to do that.

The visa is not here yet. He was approved on Friday but it hasn't arrived to DHL yet. But I don't think it is normal for it to take so long. They told him on Friday that they were behind. I had always heard that the bridge is not for K1 people that are leaving on a plane but I do wish I saw it written somewhere on a USCIS page. I still can't find it. I guess I can call the consulate.

Genny

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Timeline
Isi,

Genny

Hi Genni,

He doesn't need to go to any bridge, at DHL he needs to check his passport and visa information are correct ... passport number match with one is on visa, lastnames ... everything.

Haven't heard any recently changes on K-1 visas like going to the bridge or something, I asked the Consul at the end of my interview and he told me that JUST if I was ready to travel from Juarez "walking" through the bridge must have for the bridge my DO NOT OPEN YELLOW ENVELOPE has (comes with your visa and passport)

Once I had my visa traveled back to DF and after 2 months came to US ... my POE was Dallas and everything was fine, they didn't asked me for a sign or something like that ... just my yellow envelope, my passport with K-1 visa, few questions about my bf, myself ... That's all.

OMG so sorry Isi, I didn't see that you had responded. What you said is what i thought I just wanted to double check because all day everyone keeps telling him he must go to the bridge. I don't think anyone else he has met has a K1.

Genny

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Timeline

Ernesto,

I called NVC today and they said our case was still pending. Tomorrow will be exactly 4 weeks. I think I will give it a few more days and then call NVC and Juarez.

Andrea

Andrea,

Yeah, last time I called Juarez was about 2 weeks ago. I called NVC last week, and still got the rude/mean ladies on the phone telling me the same thing. So, I will probably call Juarez this Friday (maybe, im getting a little tired of hearing the same thing for $7 a call....sometimes it makes me think that they are saying the same so that I keep calling and getting charged....besides....if our case is processing or not....they don't care).

I MIGHT JUST WAIT FOR THE LETTER/PACKAGE TO GET TO MY MAIL AND NOT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT. I DONT THINK IT SHOULD BE THAT LONG ANYWAY.

IT HURTS to find out that my gf will prob. not get her visa the same day. I will be going down there and so I will have to steal vacation days from next year. It depends though.

Take care everyone,

Ernesto

PSALM: 120- 1. I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. "

VISIT MY WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.