rea

I-130 for parents?

236 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So we received a mail from USCIS saying that the I-130 petitions for mom and dad has been approved and that the approved petition has been forwarded to the National Visa Center.

What to do next?

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

So we received a mail from USCIS saying that the I-130 petitions for mom and dad has been approved and that the approved petition has been forwarded to the National Visa Center.

What to do next?

USCIS will send you a fee letter for the I-864 Affidavit of Support and the DS-230 Visa Application. You pay the fees online. After 3 business days, you go back to download the forms. Fill out the forms and send them in with the supporting documents. Once the paperwork is complete, the case goes to the US Embassy. The US Embassy will inform your parents where to go for their medical exams and schedule their interviews.

Timeline

USCIS will send you a fee letter for the I-864 Affidavit of Support and the DS-230 Visa Application. You pay the fees online. After 3 business days, you go back to download the forms. Fill out the forms and send them in with the supporting documents. Once the paperwork is complete, the case goes to the US Embassy. The US Embassy will inform your parents where to go for their medical exams and schedule their interviews.

So I(the petitioner) will receive I-864 and DS-230 or my parents(benificiary) will?

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

So I(the petitioner) will receive I-864 and DS-230 or my parents(benificiary) will?

You will receive the fee letter with instructions to pay the I-864 fee and DS-230 fee.

You will download the I-864 with a bar coded cover letter. The instructions are in the fee letter.

You can download the DS-230 and fill it out and send it to your parent for an original signature. (Scan signature do not count - must be an original signature.

The US Embassy may send out a DS-230 to your parent.

Hello,

I will be filing I-130 Petition for my parents this coming Friday. I have a question about the cover letter. Should I write a cover letter one for each, or can I just make one for both of them? Of course, I will be filing separately but will send it in one envelop. Any advice? Thank you

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I will be filing I-130 Petition for my parents this coming Friday. I have a question about the cover letter. Should I write a cover letter one for each, or can I just make one for both of them? Of course, I will be filing separately but will send it in one envelop. Any advice? Thank you

We used one cover letter for both and put both petitions in one envelope. So far they are being processed together I think. We used separate checks and separate evidence for each petition.

Edited by Mike and Lily

We are the poster children for chain migration!

K-1 Visa

10/13/06 - NOA1

01/25/07 - NOA2

02/12/07 - NVC sent petition to Guangzhou consulate

04/27/07 - Packet 3 received

06/17/07 - Packet 4 received

07/05/07 - Interview - Passed!

07/07/07 - Received K-1 visa

03/20/08 - Received 2 year Green Card

02/21/10 - Received 10 Year Green Card

10/18/11 - Sent N-400

03/22/12 - Sworn in as USC

IR-5 for parents

03/23/12 - Sent I-130

03/29/12 - NOA1

06/29/12 - NOA2

07/23/12 - NVC Received

08/10/12 - Received NVC Case No. and IIN

08/21/12 - AOS Fee Bill Received

08/27/12 - AOS Fee Bill Paid

09/04/12 - GZO numbers received

09/04/12 - AOS E-Mailed

09/06/12 - IV Fee Paid

09/06/12 - DS-230 E-Mailed

09/18/12 - Case Complete

11/01/12 - Interview - Passed

11/08/12 - Received IR-5 visa

F2-B for Brother & Sister

08/28/13 - NOA1

12/24/13 - NOA2

01/15/19 - Welcome letter

02/28/19 - Case Complete

06/20/19 - Interview letter

07/17-18/19 - Interview - Passed

07/31/19 - Received F2-B visa

Timeline

yehey!! i received a letter from USDOS on both my parents MNL#!!!

:dance:

yehey!! i received a letter from USDOS on both my parents MNL#!!!

:dance:

yay congrats!:-) how long it took from the day you sent the petition to the approval?

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PACKET SENT:

Timeline

yay congrats!:-) how long it took from the day you sent the petition to the approval?

hi almost 4 months because i mailed the petition in 2/16 then was received by uscis 2/23, my checks were cashed 2/24 then we finally got an approval 6/18 and then MNL number assigned 7/25

good luck!

You will receive the fee letter with instructions to pay the I-864 fee and DS-230 fee.

You will download the I-864 with a bar coded cover letter. The instructions are in the fee letter.

You can download the DS-230 and fill it out and send it to your parent for an original signature. (Scan signature do not count - must be an original signature.

Hi, I'm a little bit confused about the DS-230. Do we(petitioner) usually download and fill it out or the US embassy will be the one sending them out to the parents? And if we send them out to our parent for an original signature, will our parenst send them back to us so we can fill out? sorry I am not really getting it. Thank you

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PACKET SENT:

Timeline

thanks for the info aaron! :thumbs:

Timeline

Hi, I'm a little bit confused about the DS-230. Do we(petitioner) usually download and fill it out or the US embassy will be the one sending them out to the parents? And if we send them out to our parent for an original signature, will our parenst send them back to us so we can fill out? sorry I am not really getting it. Thank you

hi carltrin,

it is actually confusing... :bonk: i'm sorry i cannot help with ds-230 questions because i haven't received ours yet... :crying:

anyway, just to give you update to where i am now:

since the actual letter for "Choice of Agent and Address Form (DS-3032) has not been received by my parents, i emailed them the electronic copy and let them print it in the philippines...

i let them fill out the form by appointing me(their petitioner) as their agent and then let them sign the form....

once we have reviewed everything is correct and ready to be sent...my parents will mail it to the National Visa Center:

National Visa Center

Attention ACL

31 Rochester Ave., Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801

we will keep you posted!

hi carltrin,

it is actually confusing... :bonk: i'm sorry i cannot help with ds-230 questions because i haven't received ours yet... :crying:

anyway, just to give you update to where i am now:

since the actual letter for "Choice of Agent and Address Form (DS-3032) has not been received by my parents, i emailed them the electronic copy and let them print it in the philippines...

i let them fill out the form by appointing me(their petitioner) as their agent and then let them sign the form....

once we have reviewed everything is correct and ready to be sent...my parents will mail it to the National Visa Center:

National Visa Center

Attention ACL

31 Rochester Ave., Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801

Thank you so much Rea. I will always keep this in mind. And if you have any updates, please let me know. Good luck to us! :-)

we will keep you posted!

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PACKET SENT:

Timeline

does anybody here know if we only pay just one AOS processing fee of $88 for both parents petitioned?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.