8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I became a U.S citizen and I contact the NVC by email (encl. my citizen ship certificate and NOA) to update my case F2A which approved and complete by NVC I sent the email on July 13 2012 but I didn`t got answer. How long I have to wait them to answer me about the update my petition

mine was upgraded july 16

we requested june 27th they replied july 10.tjat its under review

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

mine was upgraded july 16

we requested june 27th they replied july 10.tjat its under review

the NVC gave me an auto respond to my email is that mean that they start work with my request: "Dear Sir/Madam: Thank you for your recent inquiry to the National Visa Center (NVC). This e-mail is an auto response. Please do not respond. We review and reply to e-mails in the order they are received. REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION: You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response: * Name of the person submitting the inquiry* NVC case number or USCIS receipt number * Petitioner's name and date of birth* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based (I-140), include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. If you did not provide the above security information with your e-mail, please resubmit the e-mail with the required information. If this information was not submitted with your inquiry it will be requested. NVC CONTACT INFORMATION: Website: www.immigrantvisas.state.gov E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov Telephone: (603) 334-0700 - Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time) Mail: Written questions about a case should be sent to: National Visa CenterAttn: WC31 Rochester Ave. Suite 200Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915 Forms, documents and photographs should be sent to: National Visa CenterAttn: DR31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914 Regards,"

Timeline

I did not receive an auto reply in my case when the email was sent requesting the upgrade. However, I received the invoice for the Affidavit of support and the choice of agent form in about ten days. I was surprised but that was good.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: Timeline

I did not receive an auto reply in my case when the email was sent requesting the upgrade. However, I received the invoice for the Affidavit of support and the choice of agent form in about ten days. I was surprised but that was good.

they dont send you email inregards to the upgrade. YOU have to call them an ask you.

they only send you automated reply back when you first send them email. once they are done with the upgrade they wont notify you,

Filed: Timeline

u received the automated reply from them so they did receive ur email. call them and ask the status of the case.

second thing is send them a copy of certificate with the letter to upgrade the status in the regular mail NOT EMAIL. bec when i called nvc one of the rep told me that we receive thousands of emails everyday so we reply when ur turn comes but if u send in regular mail its more faster.

i sent them both ways, email and regular mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.