imt

F2A, approved at Montreal July 5, but no visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline

I need some advice.

I am a USC and my wife who is a green card holder had petitioned for her daughter for an immigrant visa under Family Based Category F2A on January 21, 2010.

The petition was approved by USCIS on August 24, 2010.

The case was completed by NVC and an interview was held at Montreal Embassy on July 5, 2012.

The interviewing officer was satisfied with the interview and told my step daughter that he was approving the immigrant visa and she will be able to get her passport back with the visa in five business day. The officer also gave her a letter which was titled “Welcome to the United States”.

Needless to say, everybody in our family was overjoyed with this news as our family was going to be together after a very long wait.

It is now July 16th and there is no information from the Embassy in Montreal.

It may seem that we are being impatient as it has been only 11 days since the interview, but all of our family is in tremendous distress as there are no news whatsoever. We have called the Department of State requesting information about this delay, only to find out that the visa is under processing, with no further explanations.

It may seem that we are being impatient as it has been only 11 days since the interview, but all of our family is in tremendous distress as there is no news whatsoever.

Other people we have talked to regarding this matter have told us that usually it takes a few days to get the passport back after the visa has been approved.

We have received a generic auto generated email response to our email inquiry from the Montreal Embassy with no specific information about our case.

DOS keeps repeating that visa is in process. DHL/Loomis Canada has no tracking of the passport / visa.

There are some other VJers, who have had the interview at Montreal after July 5 and they have already received their visas.

Here are three more background facts which may or may not be of significance;

1. My stepdaughter left Uzbekistan in 2008 for Slovenia. She was studying in Slovenia for two years. She has been a student in Canada since September 2010.

We submitted original Police certificates from Uzbekistan, Slovenia and Canada to NVC.

The interview letter P4 from NVC indicated that those documents were received as originals and there was no need to bring them.

We also submitted fresh I-864/ I864A and tax returns for the interview.

The interviewing officer mentioned during the interview that he does not have original police certificate from Uzbekistan but he is going to approve the visa. Then he handed her the letter titled “Welcome to the United States”.

2 . My wife was visiting from Uzbekistan in 2009. We fell in love. We applied for K-1 as my wife was intending to go back before her tourist visa was to expire. Later on we decided that it is better that we get married in New Jersey and she should not go back. Then we applied for I-130. We also sent a letter asking that the original K-1 application be cancelled as we are pursuing I-130.

I-130 was approved and we were called for an interview in January, 2010 in Newark New Jersey.

The interviewing officer kept asking repeatedly “why did we cancel the K-1 application”. We repeatedly told her the truth. She kept asking the same questions and we kept answering the same answers.

Eventually, she approved the visa. My wife got the two year green card which expired in January 2012.

My wife applied for green card extension I-751(Vermont) in October 2011 and she received one year extension. We are still waiting for the response to the I-751.

Guesses, Confusion and Questions:

Here are my questions;

1. Is our wait is within normal limits after visa approval?

2. Has the case been turned into Administrative Processing?

3. For what possible reasons? Are they looking for Original Uzbekistan Police certificate?

4. Is it some sort of a pre-cursor to my wife’s upcoming green card extension?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congrats and post made in the wrong section kicking.gifkicking.gif

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Update; Visa issued after 13 days after nudging by congressman

Contacted my congressman.

Congressman sent an email to Montreal Embassy yesterday.

The visa was issued this morning within 24 hours.

The congressman has a special internal email contact.

There is a special person within the embassy who handles congressional requests.

The title of this post is "congressional Correspondent".

My congressman forwarded me the email informing the visa was issued this morning.

Thank you visa journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.