18 posts in this topic

You guys, we need to send this petition to President Obama and senators to oppose H.R. 3012. This bill will increase the numbers of visa per country from 7% to 15% and if it becomes a law, the result is the longer wait time for ROW chargeability for both employment and family-based immigration petition. I did send the petition and I really need you guys to do the same. We have been waiting for so so long and I am tired of waiting already. Please!!!!

http://www.petition2...ompanions-1857/

quoted from hsinh "I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People,

a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your

name to mine? If this petition gets 25,000 signatures by August 12, 2012,

the White House will review it and respond!"

https://petitions.wh...mpaign=shorturl

Oppose passage of HR 3012 – The Fairness for High-Skilled

Immigrants Act.

This bill will increase the numbers of visa per country from 7% to 15% and if it becomes a law, the result is the longer wait time for ROW chargeability for both employment and family-based immigration petition.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You guys, we need to send this petition to President Obama and senators to oppose H.R. 3012. This bill will increase the numbers of visa per country from 7% to 15% and if it becomes a law, the result is the longer wait time for ROW chargeability for both employment and family-based immigration petition. I did send the petition and I really need you guys to do the same. We have been waiting for so so long and I am tired of waiting already. Please!!!!

http://www.petition2...ompanions-1857/

quoted from hsinh "I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People,

a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your

name to mine? If this petition gets 25,000 signatures by August 12, 2012,

the White House will review it and respond!"

https://petitions.wh...mpaign=shorturl

Oppose passage of HR 3012 – The Fairness for High-Skilled

Immigrants Act.

This bill will increase the numbers of visa per country from 7% to 15% and if it becomes a law, the result is the longer wait time for ROW chargeability for both employment and family-based immigration petition.

Read again:

We are writing on behalf of all citizens concerned with an immigration bill- HR 3012, that eliminates the per country numerical limitation for employment-based immigrants, and increases the per country numerical limitation for family based immigrants from 7% to 15%. I think we should consider the following points before moving the bill any farther:

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Dear Senator ,

I am writing to request your support to oppose passage of HR 3012 - The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act.

As you might be aware Senator Chuck Grassley has lifted his hold on this bill in the senate on July 11st, 2012. This bill if passed, would eliminate the per-country caps on the allocation of green cards in the employment based category. While it is certainly true that there is a large backlog in this category, the bill in its existing form only will allocate a disproportionately large number of green cards to two countries only and increase the wait times to receive green cards for nationals of all other countries such as Ireland, the U.K., Canada, Israel, Australia, all of Europe, and pretty much rest of the world. This bill would only benefit green card applicants who were born in India or China. While the bill is being drafted with fairness in mind, reducing the wait times for nationals of two countries and increasing it for all others does not sound like a fair bill at all. In addition, it might affect the ability of America to attract high skilled employees from America's neighbors such as Canada and other friendly countries such as the UK, Ireland, and Germany. Removing the backlog in the green cards process is a great idea and there are a few proposals which aim to address this issue such as Senator John Cornyn S. 3185 STAR Act of 2012, E3 visa bill for Irish nationals proposed by Senator Scott Brow, etc. A comprehensive immigration policy which addresses employment needs of America in the 21st century would be far more helpful than a proposal with a narrow focus of removing immigration backlog for nationals of two countries.

I appreciate your cooperation in making the US immigration system fairer and more flexible to meet the workplace needs of America and to make this great country stay at the top of global business competitiveness.

Regards,

send it to your senator ,please

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Friends,

As you know wait times for Family-Based Green Card applicants from China, Mexico, Phillippines, India and few other countries are miserably high due to per-county limits of 7%.

H.R 3012 increase Family Based per-country limits from 7-15% thereby cutting down the wait times in HALF!!

Please check out this page for info and carry out the action items - http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/HR_3012_%282011-2012%29#H.R_3012_-_FAIRNESS_FOR_HIGH-SKILLED_IMMIGRANTS_ACT

The bill overwhelmingly PASSED the House with more than 95% support and is now in the Senate and close to being passed.

Click the link below to Send a message to your Senator to PASS 3012 and reduce wait times for Family-Based Green Card Applicants. It takes 2 minutes

http://immigrationvoice.capwiz.com/immigrationvoice/issues/alert/?alertid=61557191

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is duplicate post. There was one that was posted 30 minutes ago.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fault the one 30 minutes ago was for opposing H.R 3012

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Merged same topics together.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The bill specifically helps FB Mexico and Phillippines but drastically cutting wait times in Half. Which is why it is fully endorsed by Hispanic Caucus and Dems in general as well as several republicans. There is unanimous support in House and Senate. Please push the senate to pass the bill soon!

Hi Friends,

As you know wait times for Family-Based Green Card applicants from China, Mexico, Phillippines, India and few other countries are miserably high due to per-county limits of 7%.

H.R 3012 increase Family Based per-country limits from 7-15% thereby cutting down the wait times in HALF!!

Please check out this page for info and carry out the action items - http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/HR_3012_%282011-2012%29#H.R_3012_-_FAIRNESS_FOR_HIGH-SKILLED_IMMIGRANTS_ACT

The bill overwhelmingly PASSED the House with more than 95% support and is now in the Senate and close to being passed.

Click the link below to Send a message to your Senator to PASS 3012 and reduce wait times for Family-Based Green Card Applicants. It takes 2 minutes

http://immigrationvoice.capwiz.com/immigrationvoice/issues/alert/?alertid=61557191

Let me make it clear!! H.R. 3012 in term of family based, it will not cut down the wait time for ROWs but will result in longer wait time for ROWs because there is no increase in annual visa numbers. This bill will benefit Mexico and Philippines in the expenses of ROWs. For employment based, this bill will eliminate the annual per country visas cap which will benefit India and China. For me as a family based petition benefit of ROW, I oppose H.R. 3012 due to longer wait time result. I advise all of you to confirm with your attorneys to clarify the contents of this bill.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Edited tittle as thread contains both sides.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Timeline

H.R. 3012 is very complicated one. I hope there is someone who can explain this in detail. I think all family based immigrants to- be regardless of what country they come will be given a 15% increase in numerical limitations so this will expedite priority dates (for others will be accommodated in earlier priority dates to meet the numbers) but it also depends in the availability of visa...so let us say the pd is July 2015 it will become July 2013 but because there is no visa available- one has to wait when that interview will occur or the interview will be given but the visa will be delayed (i prefer the latter- at least there is something new in the system) ...so what then is the difference... the waiting should be to wait for the interview or to wait for the visa to be given... :wacko::star::whistle::innocent: a lot of emotions going on here!

Edited by Clariz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.