mizzUsa

I need urgent help with re-filing I-130

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi VJ members. I need someone to help me as much as possible. I cannot afford an attorney. Here is how my case .

I got married by proxy (did Nikaah on phone) in October 2011.

Husband was physically present in Pakistan but I was here in the U.S.A.

Filed I-130 petition in November 2011.

Went to Pakistan and had the wedding ceremony in February 2012.

From Feb 2012 to May 2012 I lived with my husband.

In May 2012 I got RFEletter from USCIS saying that I was not present in the wedding in Pakistan which was on October 2011 and to send in proof of my trip during that time. I submitted photos & copies of my passport pages & ticket showing the trip in February 2012. I wrote letter explaining the Nikaah on phone and going later in February to get married,

In July 2012, I got denied letter from USCIS.

I am going to re-file but how should I re-file?

Should I re-file with the same marriage certificate with the date of October 2011 even though I wasnt present in Pakistan, or should I make a new marriage certificate with the date of February 2012 where I was with my husband?

Will USCIS accept my petition if I re-file?

What evidence should I send with my petition?

How can I make my petition case strong to get approved?

Please help me as best as you can with much info and as soon as possible. Thanks and may god bless you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi VJ members. I need someone to help me as much as possible. I cannot afford an attorney. Here is how my case .

In May 2012 I got RFEletter from USCIS saying that I was not present in the wedding in Pakistan which was on October 2011 and to send in proof of my trip during that time. I submitted photos & copies of my passport pages & ticket showing the trip in February 2012. I wrote letter explaining the Nikaah on phone and going later in February to get married,

Should I re-file with the same marriage certificate with the date of October 2011 even though I wasnt present in Pakistan, or should I make a new marriage certificate with the date of February 2012 where I was with my husband?

Please help me as best as you can with much info and as soon as possible. Thanks and may god bless you.

No you wouldn't use your Nikaah marriage certificate because USCIS already have denied that and I would gather consider it invalid. You are considered married when you went there and got married used that certificate.

Now that you are refiling you can of course use all the evidence you used before I guess. Now add your visit, visa stampsm chats photos of you and family and friends.

As far as making your case strong you really should be directing this towrds the Pakistan forum because males go into Mandatory AP and I don't knw if you have red flags and all. There are many many knowledgeable Pakistan wives here EAbbas is one. I will make sure she reads this. I remember reading youru post from earlier.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I found this link maybe it makes it more clear to you? Sounds as if you can use the date of your proxy marriage but load it with proof you were together AFTER the marriage and without a doubt were able in that time to consummate your marriage. You can't get a different nikah since you already married and you can't change the date you got married. You just need to load this refile with your proxy nikah and complete proof that you were there after the proxy marriage... boarding passes, passport copies of the visa to pakistan, hotel receipts, dinner receipts, loads of pictures of you two together, you two with family, both of you in various places you visited... Frontload this petiton well!!!

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86920.pdf

9 FAM 40.1 N1.3-1 Consummated

(CT:VISA-1000; 09-03-2008)

For the purpose of issuing an immigrant visa (IV) to a “spouse,” a proxy

marriage that has been subsequently consummated is deemed to have been

valid as of the date of the proxy ceremony. Proxy marriages consummated

prior to the proxy ceremony cannot serves as a basis for the valid marriage

for immigration purposes.

Quick question... did you file your first petition before going to visit? or AFter

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

You did not file using the fact you were able to consummate your marriage... you should have waited until you were there with him... you should be ok as long as you use the information given to you on your other thread and the info given here with the link provided... Just be sure you frontload this new petition showing you were there AFTER to stay and live with him showing that a the proxy marriage was consummated

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To file the I 130 you have to have an immgration recognised marriage. In your case proxy + consumation. You were denied because you didn't have both. So you can file a new one with the old certificate and the "new' consumation evidence.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

You had to have consummated the marriage before filing, not during processing. If you file now, you should be fine! Story sounds familiar... i think i know who you are...

Our Journey

Met: 02/25/2010

Married: 08/12/2010

I-130 sent: 02/11/2011

NOA1: 02/14/2011

Request for expedite: 02/24/2011

NOA2-I-130 APPROVED!: 03/16/2011

Interview date: 7/7/2011

Visa in Hand!!!! 09/21/2011

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.