Henia

Sultan's Kitchen

1,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Maybe you could replace some of the oil with applesauce?

I've been eager to make carrot cake, remembering how good my mom's was when she used to make it, but all the recipes that I've found call for so much oil it's just disgusting. lol

I guess my hips don't need it anyways. :D

Edited by Melly 2

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:blush: That was yummy, wasn't it? I might have to whip one of those up next weekend - not this weekend though b/c I have to be on a clear liquid diet til Tuesday.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Noura ~ You inspire me ! I have yet to attempt this... just keep staring at the pictures ! (which will come in handy when I do make it !!! ) I like your idea of making a few and freezing one for later :thumbs: I hope u r feeling better !

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Made this liver recipe last night, and the husband seems to like it. I usually do variations on liver and onions using indian spices, so this is defiantly different from what I normally do.

Kebda Iskandrani (Alexandrian Liver) Recipe

Ingredients:

500gr. Beef liver cut into small parts 2cm x 0.5cm approximate.

1 small tomato

About 10-15 clove of fresh garlic

1 green hot pepper

salt 1 small tsp

pepper 1 small tsp

cumin (ground) 1 small tsp

1 tsp vinegar

2 tsp of fresh lemon juice

50 grm of finely chopped parsley

Vegetable oil for frying 1\4 cup

Directions:

To make the FRYING mixture:

You can make it in a kitchen machine but I prefer the by-hand preparation. Garlic finely chopped + Tomato finely diced + Green hot pepper (finely sliced) Add salt + pepper + cumin + vinegar to get a paste

Heat the frying oil in a deep frying pan then add 1 Tsp of the garlic/tomato mix. Turn it in the oil for 30 sec then add 1/3 of the liver and move it in the pan with the mixture continuously for 2 mins then take it aside. Repeat for the same for the whole remaining then gather all fried liver in the same pan. Take away of the heat add lemon juice and parsley.

Serve warm with fresh pita bread. It is really smell and taste too lovely.

So that's what the person who originally posted the recipe wrote. I just threw everything into my food processor, and I fried everything all together.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Yeah, I don't like it at all myself (the texture is bleck), but I'll cook it for the husband cuz it makes him happy. Happy husbands are good to have around the house.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline
Yeah, I don't like it at all myself (the texture is bleck), but I'll cook it for the husband cuz it makes him happy. Happy husbands are good to have around the house.

:thumbs:

Totally agree. And my hubby misses liver so much so I guess its time I surprised him with a meal (for him only of course)...:lol:

Timeline

Thankfully, the husband limits his organ consumption to liver. I can't bring myself to even look at the tongue, stomach and other body parts they have in the cooler at the local MENA grocery store. Can't imagine how I'd ever cook it. :blink: My dad tells me about how they used to eat head cheese when he was growing up on the farm. Um yeah no :wacko:

inshaAllah I'll post of of the husband's favorite liver recipes. I have 3 good ones from assorted places in India that he really likes. They can be made with beef, lamb or chicken livers.

irhal.jpg

any organ is sooooooooooo wroooooongggggggggggggggggggg bleck!!! I have a hard enough time eating regular meat...let alone the actual organs...

I saw lamb kidneys at the market the other day and just about lost it! and omg why do cows have to have such massively long tongues?? holy moly... not for me, thanks...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'll try anything at least once so I've had quite a few forms of organ meats in my life. I think some organ meats are good. These are my opinions of course but...Tongue of any form is not bad. I've had lamb, beef, and duck tongue before. You wouldn't hate it if you tried it cooked correctly! Chicken, duck, and goose liver is also pretty tasty! Beef and lamb are NOT.

I even had sheep testicles in Morocco a few years ago and I admit the taste wasn't bad. Same goes for lamb brains and sweetbreads.

Heart, lung, stomach, kidneys are all awful in any form! *barf*

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.