mz.t

Entry into Nigeria

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello! For those who have visited Nigeria, what were the requirements for the tourist/visiting visa? Also, I was told by my fiancé that I would need an invite as part of the visa requirements,.... is it a requirement to get a visa? or you don't have to have an invite?

Thanks,

Yes, you need to get a visa and a letter of invitation.The company I've used before is Travel Document Systems. Also, if you've never had a yellow fever shot you'll need to get one of those. It's also advisable to get anti-malaria medication. You need to start taking it a certain number of days before you go over so plan accordingly!

Yes, you need a visa to enter Nigeria. To get the visa, you will definitely need a letter of invitation. For more information, click on the Embassy Of Nigeria link below.

http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=visas

Have a safe trip.

Yes, you need to get a visa and a letter of invitation.The company I've used before is Travel Document Systems. Also, if you've never had a yellow fever shot you'll need to get one of those. It's also advisable to get anti-malaria medication. You need to start taking it a certain number of days before you go over so plan accordingly!

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

Take a look at the following link for Health Information for Travelers to Nigeria

My link

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To go to Nigeria you will need a visa. they will not issue a visa on arrival. He needs to send a letter and the bio page of HIS passport. Actually yellow fever os no longer a requirement from the US although it is recommended. This shot must be taken at a controlled clinic. Chances your doctor isn't approved to give this one. Nigeria is also a country where polio still exists. If you are not protected think about this one even if you don't like do the other shots. Malaria is a regional thing, make sure to get medications effective there. Also think about a water purifying bottle system.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Unless things have changed in the past year, I did not need a letter of invitation to get a Visa to Nigeria. If you can show a hotel reservation, I believe that will also be accepted. When I applied for the visa, I just sent my flight itinerary and hotel reservation. But if you can get the letter of invitation, you might as well go that route. A travel clinic is your best bet for getting the yellow fever immunization and they will also give you additional ones based on the area you are going (or boosters). Safe journey !!

Timeline

I used the Visa services thats on the Nigerian Embassy website. I didn't have to show a ticket they wanted to know travel itinerary, Letter of invitation that's it. No bio passport page from him. There are hundreds of sites and some will even say you have to show bank accounts and have money in bank (alot) avoid them. Just stick to trusted sites like what the embassy provides. Had Visa in 5 days (expedite).

Get your 2 or 3 shots (I did 3 cost %340 at Public health services) and malaria pills (and there are many different kinds). I had a 110 pills for what I had started out for a 2 month visit (stayed 6 1/2 months) but those 110 pills were just $58 and I have no insurance. Check with your insurance some may cover those shots.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I used the Visa services thats on the Nigerian Embassy website. I didn't have to show a ticket they wanted to know travel itinerary, Letter of invitation that's it. No bio passport page from him. There are hundreds of sites and some will even say you have to show bank accounts and have money in bank (alot) avoid them. Just stick to trusted sites like what the embassy provides. Had Visa in 5 days (expedite).

Get your 2 or 3 shots (I did 3 cost %340 at Public health services) and malaria pills (and there are many different kinds). I had a 110 pills for what I had started out for a 2 month visit (stayed 6 1/2 months) but those 110 pills were just $58 and I have no insurance. Check with your insurance some may cover those shots.

It's true..most insurance companies will def cover the shots. Even the malaria pills. I had a 90 day supply of Malarone which costs over 600 dollars and all I had to pay was the co-pay. I was so surprised, but I guess the insurance company wud rather pay 600 dollars for the prevention of malaria instead of all the hospital/doctor bills they'd have to pay to TREAT malaria. lol.

Timeline

Unless things have changed in the past year, I did not need a letter of invitation to get a Visa to Nigeria. If you can show a hotel reservation, I believe that will also be accepted. When I applied for the visa, I just sent my flight itinerary and hotel reservation. But if you can get the letter of invitation, you might as well go that route. A travel clinic is your best bet for getting the yellow fever immunization and they will also give you additional ones based on the area you are going (or boosters). Safe journey !!

Thanks for the info..what website did u use or how did you apply for ur visa? B/c I went to about two sites and they both stated that I would need a invite?? (But hey if I dont have to have one that would be even better)..lol :thumbs:

Timeline

I just got my wife a Nigeria visa, really painless. We sent it off on Monday and got it back on Wednesday and I didnt expedite it and didnt use any visa travel agent either. Went on their website and follow the instructions. The following was what I did. Wrote a letter of invitation, stating the reason which is to attend my mother's funeral ceremony, Paid $160 for the visa fee, money order for $30 representing consular fee, return stamped envelop, one 1 passport pic size of her,her US passport, Itenerary, copy of my passport bio data page and a copy of my green card and that was it. Lastly, I sent it USPS priority with tracking number and I got it within 48hours. Follow this link:http://nigeria-consulate-atl.org/site/?page_id=54

All the best.

Edited by romnick

Citizenship window opens since October 26th 2013...
CITIZENSHIP Track:
Eligibility Criteria: 3 years
10-26-2013: Eligibility Date
12-06-2013:Application Sent
12-09-2013: Application Received and Priority Date
12-11-2013: Check Cashed
12-18-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
01-07-2014: Bio-metric Date
01-07-2014: In-line for Interview
05-07-2014: Interview Letter Received
06-09-2014: Interview Passed
07-18-2014: Oath Ceremony
Naturalized as a US citizen!!!

Visa Journey officially Over on 07/18/2014

Glory be to the Lord the giver of all things

Timeline

I just got my wife a Nigeria visa, really painless. We sent it off on Monday and got it back on Wednesday and I didnt expedite it and didnt use any visa travel agent either. Went on their website and follow the instructions. The following was what I did. Wrote a letter of invitation, stating the reason which is to attend my mother's funeral ceremony, Paid $160 for the visa fee, money order for $30 representing consular fee, return stamped envelop, one 1 passport pic size of her,her US passport, Itenerary, copy of my passport bio data page and a copy of my green card and that was it. Lastly, I sent it USPS priority with tracking number and I got it within 48hours. Follow this link:http://nigeria-consulate-atl.org/site/?page_id=54

All the best.

I hear the consulate in Atlanta is way faster in processing than DC wheer I went. But all he mentioned is what I did. You can write the letter your self with whoever is inviting you in letter. have fun.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Thanks for the info..what website did u use or how did you apply for ur visa? B/c I went to about two sites and they both stated that I would need a invite?? (But hey if I dont have to have one that would be even better)..lol :thumbs:

If you check the Embassy of Nigeria website, under visa's...they list the required documents for a visitor visa. It says you need a letter of invitation from someone accepting responsibility for you....but then it also lists "Confirmed Hotel reservation, if the applicant is not staying with host"....this means, if you are not relying on someone there to host/support you while you're there. So sending in a hotel reservation is sufficient to get your visa. Its really not hard to get a visa to Nigeria.

Filed: Timeline

All the best.

On point, follow the instruction and it is really painless.

My HMO covers travel vaccinations. You don't need a water purification system. They sell bottled water in Nigeria that is made by Pepsi and others and cheaper than in the US for sure.

If you check the Embassy of Nigeria website, under visa's...they list the required documents for a visitor visa. It says you need a letter of invitation from someone accepting responsibility for you....but then it also lists "Confirmed Hotel reservation, if the applicant is not staying with host"....this means, if you are not relying on someone there to host/support you while you're there. So sending in a hotel reservation is sufficient to get your visa. Its really not hard to get a visa to Nigeria.

Seriously.

OP, enjoy your trip. Take lot's of pictures.

Timeline

On point, follow the instruction and it is really painless.

My HMO covers travel vaccinations. You don't need a water purification system. They sell bottled water in Nigeria that is made by Pepsi and others and cheaper than in the US for sure.

Seriously.

OP, enjoy your trip. Take lot's of pictures.

Yes they sell safe bottled water there but I take one because there are times ,such as at the compound in the village, where I am away from sellers and the empty filer bottle is lighter than carrying a full bottles with me. I can fill it up with local water and be good to go. Another trick I use is to WU money to myself and then if I need emergency cash I can get it there, if not then I can cancel the transaction when I get home.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.