hotshot

N-400 July 2012 Filers

1,205 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Past sixty day mark since been in-line for interview. New York has stalled once again. I wonder if I can try my luck with a service request or get to a tier 2 officer who can give me information that I don't already know.

IR5 For Parent

Past sixty day mark since been in-line for interview. New York has stalled once again. I wonder if I can try my luck with a service request or get to a tier 2 officer who can give me information that I don't already know.

hi

i think you need to make a info pass bro , once you do that at-least they have to touch your file, may be ur file will move on.....:):thumbs:

It does not hurt to try with SR - but from my experience do not expect much. It seems that both tiers of reps are under clear instruction not to open a service request before 90 days is officially lapsed. In my case, even service request did not help but reaching out to rep/ senator did. In any case, if you do try to reach out to USCIS please keep us posed on how it goes.

I'm also past my 60 days.....I rung the no-help line, and of course they could tell me nothing....except make an infopass appointment.

We're going away for 5 weeks at the end of January... and time seems to be going by too fast!

So, tomorrow, at the crack of dawn, we're driving to Atlanta to see if they can get things moving... or at least tell us something new!

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

MamaSue, no movement for me either (for readers who don't know, I filed June 29th, PD is 7/2), also in Atlanta like MamaSue. I'm actually in Canada right now, family member had a medical situation and I am needed here. Keeping one eye on my case status, but no change as of today. I should be back in lots of time if there's a change and an IL comes.

PathaN, you probably won't be able to initiate a service request online until you're past the 5 months. I tried a while back when I knew I'd have to travel. Ended up taking an Infopass to get an extension on my GC just in case. I wasn't able to initiate a service request online because I was still inside normal processing time and the customer service person told me to do the Infopass, which I did and got what I needed. The agent there told me I should have my IL within 60 days of when I was there (Oct.31). I know each office is different, but the busier offices seem to roll the same way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Pathan the way to get a SR is by insisting....

Just keep calling they will do it for you...

coloso: I'll try, but I have a feeling that if i dont hear something sooner, my best shot is to contact USCIS once the 90 day period passes. But, I guess, i'll have to try to know the outcome. Thanks.

Hotshot: Brother, I am so deep in my books these days, due to upcoming finals, that an infopass would just throw me off-track. I wanted to make a trip to Pak during the Xmas vaacations, but it seems that I'll have to wait till I am done with the Oath/passport issues.

Grashoppr: You are right. But, I'll definitely give it a shot and share the outcome with you all. Don't understand the hold-up though. Shouldn't have been this LONG. In my case, I was able to find out that my background checks were cleared on August 2nd(Almost in a day of my Biometrics). Then, a month ago, i received a letter stating to bring marked documents to the interview. The letter proved that my file hadn't reached the local office. I would have said that maybe SANDY delayed our cases, but then, why the delay in your case. I can understand the logic behind delays in densely populated cities, but the back-log is getting worse.

IR5 For Parent

@coloso - i disagree, you can call as much as you want, beg and plea, yell and scream, unfortunately at this point we are all at their mercy. I have called countless times, and trust me, i am not a meek individual. they will repeat the script to follow up at 90th day and that is the earliest that they will do something for you. As I said earlier, I have opened up service request and did not get a response in the prescribed 15 day period.

Only thing that got things moving was contacting elected representatives. The day after of doing that is my interview was scheduled. So on the 106th day feel free to contact them, with your timeline and explanation that you did follow necessary procedures in the correct steps(waiting 90 days, 15 days SR...). Overall, working with the them was a very pleasant experience, in my case maybe it helped it was an election week. Every office does have an immigration liaison, and only downside would be if your elected official is not very pro-immigrant. Also, since I am applying on a basis of 3 year rule married to US citizen I have asked should my husband submit request, but in their eyes I am a resident so that was not necessary. I hope this info will help someone.

Timeline

It just is what it is... busier areas, bigger volume, slower processing. Average is 5 months, that's the goal, so if 5 haven't passed, you're still within the guideline. I think I'm at around 143 days from filing (141 I think from priority date. 5 months is 150 days, give or take depending on the length of a month, so I'm close to what should be the average with no interview scheduled yet. Somebody told me the 5 months is from filing to when they send an interview letter (that doesn't sound right to me, but, meh...) I thought it was 5 months from filing to oath... either way I'm going to be over the 5 months at this point.

So its been 112 days since being put in line, if I am counting correctly? My best advice is to really consider reaching out to rep/senator. I know its not for everyone, but you are their constituent and they are here to work for the best interest of their constituents. Also, my issue was that people who were put in line behind me were getting their dates, and some are even closing their USCIS journey, before I even got my interview date and ATL does not have that problem. It was a red flag to me that something is really off. I do not know what exactly, so I cannot speculate. But just think about it, and doing this you really have not much to loose, only to gain. Granted, you are out of country now, so maybe its not THE best time.

Timeline

I don't want to clutter the July thread since I'm a June filer (albeit late June LOL). However given the current timelines from the ATL DO I'm not any different than anyone else at this point, so I'm not worried. If January comes with nothing, then maybe I'll pursue that but at this point it's premature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I'm also past my 60 days.....I rung the no-help line, and of course they could tell me nothing....except make an infopass appointment.

We're going away for 5 weeks at the end of January... and time seems to be going by too fast!

So, tomorrow, at the crack of dawn, we're driving to Atlanta to see if they can get things moving... or at least tell us something new!

MamaSue, I wish you best of luck!

I still remember the long long waiting time for my I-485 due to name check etc. It was painful. Just keep the hope, one day you will be rewarded :) .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.