scy

Ex-Taliban spokesman attends Yale

21 posts in this topic

My first thought also was '#######' but then, realising a student visa is nothing like as complex as an immigrant one, I thought again.

As for him being ex-Taliban due to his questioning ways - good on him then. If he seeks to question those who would force their beliefs upon him (whilst retaining his love of Allah but rejecting extremism) then he's off to a good studenty-start.

Edited by Jaylen Brit

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

This is an interesting story! I wonder how an average "Joe" who, what's more, had connections with the Taliban, had obtained a student visa so easily, when so many others have to wait in line for months in order to obtain the same visa. For the story, I read of some MP or officials in third world countries (i.e. in Kenya or Uganda) being denied a single entry visa to attend international connferences in the US, or to simply to make a 3 days' business trip! :o Does it make sense.

Again, let's not forget that the mujaheddin were backed by the US to fight against the Soviet Union. According to John Cooley, a former journalist with the US ABC television network (and author of "Unholy Wars: Afghanistan, America and International Terrorism"): "Muslims recruited in the US for the mujaheddin were sent to Camp Peary, the CIA's spy training camp in Virginia, where young Afghans, Arabs from Egypt and Jordan, and even some African-American “black Muslims” were taught “sabotage skills”. I am unsure whether this is true or not, but that sounds quite possible. Maybe these guys need more skills to fight us back later? Just being sarcastic... :diablo:

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That is unreal! :wacko::blink::wacko:

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

How is this guys affording Yale?

sorry for my poor English :(

How does this guy afford Yale?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

WOW!

he deserves every chance he gets. What an amazing man.

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

This is an interesting story! I wonder how an average "Joe" who, what's more, had connections with the Taliban, had obtained a student visa so easily, when so many others have to wait in line for months in order to obtain the same visa. For the story, I read of some MP or officials in third world countries (i.e. in Kenya or Uganda) being denied a single entry visa to attend international connferences in the US, or to simply to make a 3 days' business trip! :o Does it make sense.

Again, let's not forget that the mujaheddin were backed by the US to fight against the Soviet Union. According to John Cooley, a former journalist with the US ABC television network (and author of "Unholy Wars: Afghanistan, America and International Terrorism"): "Muslims recruited in the US for the mujaheddin were sent to Camp Peary, the CIA's spy training camp in Virginia, where young Afghans, Arabs from Egypt and Jordan, and even some African-American “black Muslims” were taught “sabotage skills”. I am unsure whether this is true or not, but that sounds quite possible. Maybe these guys need more skills to fight us back later? Just being sarcastic... :diablo:

You beat me to the punch! It is important to remember that the US set up the Taliban in the first place, so not all the guys with the black hats were deemed "enemies of the State." As far as the alleged CIA training... there are several accounts of persons who actually did this. They are mostly laying low now due to present political sensitivities, and who can blame them, I really don't feel like hanging out in Cuba for the next sevaral years without being charged or legally represented either. For an interesting read on this subject, check out the author Aukai Collins. He tells a story about fighting jihad (against the Russians) in Chechnya and making several connections to US agents in the CIA and FBI.

As for the guy getting the visa so easily..... how can anyone be surprised that a rich foreigner with govt. ties got a visa so fast? How did ####### Cheney just shoot a guy in the face, then have THAT GUY THAT HE SHOT IN THE FACE apologize to HIM?

Wake up people. But, if you don't care to, that's OK too. Wal-Mart will always be open.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"