decocker

People Who Say They're Moving To Canada Because Of ObamaCare

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Funny. They are totally clueless. Let them find out about Canada's healthcare system and tax rate the hard way. Mouhahaha.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've actually had some people ask me how they were to go about moving up there. I just say, ''have fun with that.'' Contrary to popular belief, it is NOT easy to just move to Canada. lol

Married - February 25, 2009

Filed I-130 - March 3, 2009

Interview& Approval - March 26, 2010

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed I-751 - February 13, 2012

Approved - November 21, 2012

as1cERN0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDA5Njk4c3xXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Timeline

I've had a few jabs over the past few years about 'Cdn healthcare'. Americans don't really understand what it means either, just like the misconceptions that Cdn's have about American healthcare.

edit - PS: the best weird comment I've heard lately is that 'All Cdns have great teeth'.....huh, what? I thought that was rather funny since Dental isn;t part of provincial healthcare :) I explained it to the person.

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Everyone I talked to down here before I moved thought that dental was part of Canadian Health care.... People always get "loud" about moving to Canada when something they don't like happens down here.

Now, my husband and I actually talked about moving back (for reals) if Santorum got elected...but we knew that would never happen.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

I've had a few jabs over the past few years about 'Cdn healthcare'. Americans don't really understand what it means either, just like the misconceptions that Cdn's have about American healthcare.

truly a misconception abounds on both sides that health care is ever free for anyone. healthcare is only free from a relative perspective for the very rich, because paying for whatever they need isnt such a burden - money isn't an issue.

canadians having better teeth, well - orfee makes sure to go to his dentist when he visits canada. i've compared costs (orfee and i don't have dental insurance here in the u.s) and his dentist charges about a third of what the dentists in our area do..i've been thinking of making ten hour drives to montreal for the expensive stuff i need done.

i know i was one of those enraged people that insisted i was moving to canada when bush was reelected. of course this was before i was serious with orfee, and i didn't even know i needed a passport to go to canada !! :bonk:

Now, my husband and I actually talked about moving back (for reals) if Santorum got elected...but we knew that would never happen.

i was trying to convince orfee we should move to canada if rick perry got elected. too bad for me, orfee's favorite spot in the world is austin, texas. closer to the damn problem imo. haha..

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

regardless of your perch on the fence or whatever, extremely funny.

http://www.buzzfeed....se-of-obamacare

Don't worry.. They will turn right back when they discover they can't take their cache of weapons along with them... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Don't worry.. They will turn right back when they discover they can't take their cache of weapons along with them... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

let me tell ya, i live in holy roller redneck country in Virginia. I have heard multiple comments regarding secession. bwahahhaa..better hope they can convince some doctors to jump on board with their plan, they can pay for all their medical emergencies in moonshine and taxidermy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Well seems that Rush Limbaugh is threatening to move to Costa Rica....

where there is socialized medicine. :bonk:

It's a good thing his mouth is so big since he is constantly having to remove both feet from it so often.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1340988917[/url]' post='5494647']

Well seems that Rush Limbaugh is threatening to move to Costa Rica....

where there is socialized medicine. :bonk:

It's a good thing his mouth is so big since he is constantly having to remove both feet from it so often.

He probably found out he can get his Oxycodone at cost there...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

let me tell ya, i live in holy roller redneck country in Virginia. I have heard multiple comments regarding secession. bwahahhaa..better hope they can convince some doctors to jump on board with their plan, they can pay for all their medical emergencies in moonshine and taxidermy.

Quite a difference from Northern VA outside DC - the rich folks here believe they 'carry' the rest of the state in it's poor patheticness. There will be no seceding if they have any say.

This stuff makes better news than the 1995 Quebec referendum talk !

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

i think rush may be the culprit for this heat wave, he's had his big mouth yapping nonstop, releasing way to much hot air..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.