carrera66

NOA2 to NVC email

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi... When I first sent in my I129 I got an email first and then a letter a few days later in the mail for my NOA1. Now my NOA2 was approved on June 5, I received a letter in the mail but I have never got an email. Should I be worried about this? I guess I'm afraid that now that I won't hear from the NVC when they receive my packet or when the embassy receives it.

From reading of others about NVC receipts it looks like things are backed up. On the NOA2 to NVC processing time graph it says June 5. Should I start calling or give them another week?

Hi... When I first sent in my I129 I got an email first and then a letter a few days later in the mail for my NOA1. Now my NOA2 was approved on June 5, I received a letter in the mail but I have never got an email. Should I be worried about this? I guess I'm afraid that now that I won't hear from the NVC when they receive my packet or when the embassy receives it.

From reading of others about NVC receipts it looks like things are backed up. On the NOA2 to NVC processing time graph it says June 5. Should I start calling or give them another week?

its the time to call NVC,after 15 business day from the approval notice NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is your processing centre VSC or CSC. It's going to make a big difference on your wait time, it would appear. Those from VSC with dates such as ours have already been received by NVC. Tomorrow is my 15 days. As of today, they don't have anything. I've called twice already once at 10 days, now at 14 days. Still nothing.

Good luck.

K-1 Petition
Jan 11, 2012 - I-129F Sent (USPS Priority)
September 10,2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

November 10, 2012 - OUR WEDDING DAY

AoS/EAD/AP
Jan 22, 2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent (USPS Priority)
April 9, 2013 - AoS Interview - Seattle - APPROVED!

ROC

Mar 04, 2015 - I-751 Sent (USPS Priority)

Apr 04,2015 - Biometrics Appointment

July 20, 2015 - RFE!

Sept 15, 2015 - Response to RFE Sent

Sept 29, 2015 - APPROVED!

Follow my Journey About Me or Timeline

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ours went thru CSC... unfortunately. Does anyone have the number to NVC, I saw it somewhere on this site but can't find it now. Also what am I asking? If they received my packet?

Thanks all

Have no fear ... the number is here :dance:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Awesome... thank you

Prepare yourself for whats to come. You will call NVC only to be told they dont have your case. You will go back to the fear factor. USCIS will tell you they dont have the case either.

The last event at USCIS was to place a bar code on your case file. Until that code is entered by NVC your case seems lost in the black hole. No one can find it.

Your case will be entered into the NVC data bank asap. If you case is a K 1 it will pass thru NVC pretty quickly. They forward it to the consulate in BKK. The consulate section will forward it to the embassy visa section. That takes a few days. The visa section will send notification while requesting P 3. Sending P 3 triggers interview date.

You can download P 3 at anytime. Do not send the docs in until you are CERTIAN your case is in BKK.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

NVC will send a letter by post when your case is forwarded to consulate. I was also approved NOA2 on 5th. After 15 days i called on 20th. They said received my case on 19th, approved and forwarded on 20th. I just receive letter from NVC in mail on 23rd. So if yours takes the usual week to approve, you should get letter in 3-5 days. Otherwise you are held up for additional AP. But yes, you can also call and get more details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yup, once you have NVC case number you can email the visa section and inquire if they have received the application. They were really good about getting right back to me that they had indeed received it. Then you can send packet 3.

Prepare yourself for whats to come. You will call NVC only to be told they dont have your case. You will go back to the fear factor. USCIS will tell you they dont have the case either.

The last event at USCIS was to place a bar code on your case file. Until that code is entered by NVC your case seems lost in the black hole. No one can find it.

Your case will be entered into the NVC data bank asap. If you case is a K 1 it will pass thru NVC pretty quickly. They forward it to the consulate in BKK. The consulate section will forward it to the embassy visa section. That takes a few days. The visa section will send notification while requesting P 3. Sending P 3 triggers interview date.

You can download P 3 at anytime. Do not send the docs in until you are CERTIAN your case is in BKK.

AOS Mailed 5-02-2010

NOA1 5-12-2010

Forward CSC 6-06-2010

Biometrics 6-16-2010

AOS Touch 7-10-2010

EAD Approve 7-21-2010

EAD Arrival 7-30-2010

Greencard Approve 9-08-2010

Greencard Arrives 9-15-2010

No Interview

ROC Mailed 6-12-2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.