8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have, by my dismay, received rejection notices I-797C for I-130, I-485, and I-765, for the reason of "the check amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the Form Instructions for fee information." I had sent a cashiers check for I-130 for $420 as forms instructed, and a cashiers check for $1080 (I found out $10 too much). I had read that if submitting I-485, there was no fee for the I-765 (thou, I had placed it under "renewal of my permission to accept employment" as I have a current TN visa.

I am concerned that they would not accept a cashiers check. I have read other posts that have used this method but have not seee anyone who has had problems with the cashiers checks. Is it possible they rejected everything due to the error on the I-485 fees? or is it they do not want a cashiers check? or is it I need to submit fees for I-765 as it is "renewal"? Do I need to change the I-765 to read "Permission to accept employment" seeing as I have a TN visa?

Any suggestions???????

Filed: Timeline

I have, by my dismay, received rejection notices I-797C for I-130, I-485, and I-765, for the reason of "the check amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the Form Instructions for fee information." I had sent a cashiers check for I-130 for $420 as forms instructed, and a cashiers check for $1080 (I found out $10 too much). I had read that if submitting I-485, there was no fee for the I-765 (thou, I had placed it under "renewal of my permission to accept employment" as I have a current TN visa.

I am concerned that they would not accept a cashiers check. I have read other posts that have used this method but have not seee anyone who has had problems with the cashiers checks. Is it possible they rejected everything due to the error on the I-485 fees? or is it they do not want a cashiers check? or is it I need to submit fees for I-765 as it is "renewal"? Do I need to change the I-765 to read "Permission to accept employment" seeing as I have a TN visa?

Any suggestions???????

The issue, provided you've articulated it accurately, is that you did not provide the correct fee to the USCIS. Cashiers Checks, Money Orders and Personal Checks are accepted. DO NOT send cash. The I-130 fee is currently $420 and the I-485 fee is currently $1,070. If you send a Personal Check, ensure it is drawn on a US Bank account. Do NOT attempt to send a Canadian Check with "USD" written next to the amount.

You have TN Status, NOT a TN Visa. It is fine to move from TN Status to I-765; however, it is NOT a renewal of work permission as you CANNOT renew TN Status you apply new each time -- the I-765 is new status / permission to work. And when filed concurrently with an Adjustment of Status, there is no fee for the I-765.

Any suggestions???????

You paid the wrong amount. Yes, it is correct to reject everything because of the incorrect I-485 amount. Your application is a CONCURRENT application, adjudicated together, so it is better for it to stay together. I-765 is "permission to accept."

There seem to be at least a few errors in your application, so I would look over it carefully before sending it back.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The issue, provided you've articulated it accurately, is that you did not provide the correct fee to the USCIS. Cashiers Checks, Money Orders and Personal Checks are accepted. DO NOT send cash. The I-130 fee is currently $420 and the I-485 fee is currently $1,070. If you send a Personal Check, ensure it is drawn on a US Bank account. Do NOT attempt to send a Canadian Check with "USD" written next to the amount.

You have TN Status, NOT a TN Visa. It is fine to move from TN Status to I-765; however, it is NOT a renewal of work permission as you CANNOT renew TN Status you apply new each time -- the I-765 is new status / permission to work. And when filed concurrently with an Adjustment of Status, there is no fee for the I-765.

So, when resubmitting the fees I will only have to resubmit the correct fees for the I-485? Even thou they returned the I-130? Also, since the return of the I-765 form, can I just draw a line through the "renewal" part with initials and error and then check off the "permission" part?

thanks in advance

Edited by SHAYDEN

So, when resubmitting the fees I will only have to resubmit the correct fees for the I-485? Even thou they returned the I-130? Also, since the return of the I-765 form, can I just draw a line through the "renewal" part with initials and error and then check off the "permission" part?

What? You think you don't have to pay for the I-130 now?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.