armanhange

Tourist visa while waiting for I-130

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Did anyone apply for a tourist visa while waiting for their NO2 on I-130.

Our NO1 is January 10,2012. Still waiting. Already called the representative and the senator plus USCIS and asked for a service request. They told us to wait till July 10 and call back again.

It seem this process will take couple more months.

I was just trying to figure out if I can visit my spouse in USA for couple weeks?

( I do not have a tourist visa now. I had H1B but expired last september)

You can always try to apply for it. But you have to make sure you can show strong ties back to your country. Having immigration petition could play bordersome. Either could help or ruin it. The worst case scenario you will get denied, it will not impact your immigration petition.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

im spouse of of LPR im waiting for my petition still now in the nvc

i applied last year to tourist visa by they refuse it to met

if you have a petition in process automaticaly they will tell you u will not return to your original country

u must proove to them that you will return u have something very strong let u return

u have all right to applay for this visa but they advice me to wait until i get my green card because they told me that they give this type of visa for person who have intention to visite and return not for peron who want to stay and can change statut

im in morroco i don t know what will happen in turkey but the officer was an americain girl just near her it was an arabic translator

in our country the first language after arabic is frensh im sorry for my english if u underestand arabic i can write u all question they gave me and step by step

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Did anyone apply for a tourist visa while waiting for their NO2 on I-130.

Our NO1 is January 10,2012. Still waiting. Already called the representative and the senator plus USCIS and asked for a service request. They told us to wait till July 10 and call back again.

It seem this process will take couple more months.

I was just trying to figure out if I can visit my spouse in USA for couple weeks?

( I do not have a tourist visa now. I had H1B but expired last september)

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely you would get a tourist visa, but, of course, there is nothing stopping you from applying.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.