Love83

Change of Address for AOS

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have some questions regarding the Change of Address. I am on a K-1 Visa holder when I got here in the U.S. but before I got here in the U.S. my fiance (husband now) change his address online on the USCIS website last January this year but since he had his surgery the same month and he was in and out to the hospital for 4 months bcoz of the same issues, he didn't know if the USCIS sent him a letter/confirmation by mail. So Just last night he filed for a change of address online again to make it sure that it will be updated and got a confirmation right after the filling. But before I got here in the U.S. he already moved to our new place/address now. we submitted our AOS last wednesday and we are still waiting for the receipt and confirmation from the USCIS that they have received the documents. By the way, we sent my AOS on my 90th day.

My questions are:

1. Am I in trouble that we sent my AOS on my expiry date of my K-1 Visa?

2. We used our new address on my paper works for my AOS. Are they going to send the confirmation/letter for AOS on this new address?

3. How do we know that our address has been change to the new one?

4. How long or how many days you guys received the confirmation after the submission of AOS from the delivery date?

5. What is my status now since I am still waiting for the response from the USCIS?

Please help me! I just dont want to be in trouble and just want to have a normal life with my new family. :( :( :(

1. Am I in trouble that we sent my AOS on my expiry date of my K-1 Visa?

NO, as long as you were married within the 90-day period that began the day you entered the USA.

2. We used our new address on my paper works for my AOS. Are they going to send the confirmation/letter for AOS on this new address?

This answer depends on the current address the USCIS has "on file" for you. If I were you, I would immediately file for a "change of address," online or by mail with the USCIS.

3. How do we know that our address has been change to the new one?

The confirmation of the "change of address." You may need someone to check the mailbox at your old address.

4. How long or how many days you guys received the confirmation after the submission of AOS from the delivery date?

Average 1 -2 weeks for the official NOA1. Did you include the request for email/text confirmation you could have gotten from the USCIS after receipt of your AOS paperwork? If you included the email confirmation request you should get that email within 5 days after receipt of your AOS paperwork by the USCIS.

5. What is my status now since I am still waiting for the response from the USCIS?

Technically, you are classified as "out of status." Once you have the NOA1 regarding your AOS your status will be changed to, something like, AOS pending... Even if you are classified as "out of status" you are still in the USA legally - is it just a good idea to file the AOS ASAP after getting married to continue a legal status in the USA.

Hope this helps.

Sid

My husband did it online too, but still need to mail them the AR -11 alien change of address form and I-865 sponsor change of address and we receive

the I-797C notice of action or confirmation for changing address.It wont take long, about your status you are legal just wait your EAD so that you can

work or get a DL while waiting your GC.

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

My husband did it online too, but still need to mail them the AR -11 alien change of address form

You have to mail them something? I thought all you had to do was the online form? That is all I did for myself for alien change of address. I got an address confirmation and everything. Green card came in fine as well.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Hi everyone, I have some questions regarding the Change of Address. I am on a K-1 Visa holder when I got here in the U.S. but before I got here in the U.S. my fiance (husband now) change his address online on the USCIS website last January this year but since he had his surgery the same month and he was in and out to the hospital for 4 months bcoz of the same issues, he didn't know if the USCIS sent him a letter/confirmation by mail. So Just last night he filed for a change of address online again to make it sure that it will be updated and got a confirmation right after the filling. But before I got here in the U.S. he already moved to our new place/address now. we submitted our AOS last wednesday and we are still waiting for the receipt and confirmation from the USCIS that they have received the documents. By the way, we sent my AOS on my 90th day.

My questions are:

1. Am I in trouble that we sent my AOS on my expiry date of my K-1 Visa? Your K-1 visa expired the day you entered the US. It is the I-94 that has your immigration status. When it expires you are in the "out of status" category and will be until the EAD or GC arrives. No problem. There are those that fail to file AOS until well past the I-94 expiring. That is not your case. I would make certain to avoid the southern border until you have the NOA1 for AOS as you can be detained by CBP and you can find yourself in front of an immigration judge.

2. We used our new address on my paper works for my AOS. Are they going to send the confirmation/letter for AOS on this new address? All AOS information should be sent to the Address on the application. Once the check clears you should see the NOA in the mail within a few days. Until then just relax and wait for the money to disappear out of your account

3. How do we know that our address has been change to the new one? When you receive mail from the USCIS at the new address.

4. How long or how many days you guys received the confirmation after the submission of AOS from the delivery date? Took three weeks for us to receive the NOA1 last year in May. Sounds like it may be taking a bit longer this year.

5. What is my status now since I am still waiting for the response from the USCIS? You are out of status until they receive the AOS package and you receive the NOA1. Then you are AOS pending. Either way you are legally in the US. Just don't leave without AP or the GC and do not work work without the EAD or GC.

Please help me! I just dont want to be in trouble and just want to have a normal life with my new family. :( :( :( Good luck, Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.