Shari

Biometrics Notice by Text but no date until letter arrives?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
:goofy: Good afternoon! We got a text message and email confirming my husband was mailed the Biometrics Letter today. I guess I was wrong in "assuming" it would have his biometrics date scheduled huh? DARN - now we have to wait on snail mail. Ha! :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

04/08/05 . . . . Sent I-129F to TSC

08/31/05 . . . . London Interview - APPROVED

AOS PROCESS:

10/06/05 . . . . Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

05/16/06 . . . . APPROVED.

REMOVING CONDITIONS PROCESS:

03/03/08 . . . . Sent I-751 packet to TSC.

02/27/09 . . . . APPROVED.

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

05/21/12 . . . . Sent N-400 packet to Dallas lockbox

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:goofy: Good afternoon! We got a text message and email confirming my husband was mailed the Biometrics Letter today. I guess I was wrong in "assuming" it would have his biometrics date scheduled huh? DARN - now we have to wait on snail mail. Ha! :goofy:

If you're bored and have 30 mins to waste you can call USCIS and ask them. Make up an excuse and say you need to know well in advance so you can book the day off work. Ask to speak to an Immigration Officer, the people in the call center won't be able to tell you anything. Also, make them confirm to you where it is! They wouldn't confirm the location for the interview, I'm not sure if they are as strict with the biometrics appointments. If they are, ask them which state it is in so you know where you are going! :)

Timeline

If you're bored and have 30 mins to waste you can call USCIS and ask them. Make up an excuse and say you need to know well in advance so you can book the day off work. Ask to speak to an Immigration Officer, the people in the call center won't be able to tell you anything. Also, make them confirm to you where it is! They wouldn't confirm the location for the interview, I'm not sure if they are as strict with the biometrics appointments. If they are, ask them which state it is in so you know where you are going! :)

:goofy: Well, if I get bored on Monday, I may do that since I'm sure they are just a M-F workforce there and it's too late now. Thanks! :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

:goofy: Well, if I get bored on Monday, I may do that since I'm sure they are just a M-F workforce there and it's too late now. Thanks! :goofy:

They probably won't give you the information since he is the applicant. Most people do early walk-in appointments so you can pick your day once the actual letter arrives.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

They probably won't give you the information since he is the applicant. Most people do early walk-in appointments so you can pick your day once the actual letter arrives.

Agreed, he would have to call them, I didn't think of that. :bonk:

Metairie doesn't let you go to the window to get the form until after they call appointments for that hour, they are always very busy. I've never tried doing walk-in biometrics because of this. I probably wouldn't advise it though, especially as they would have to drive even further than we do.

Timeline

Agreed, he would have to call them, I didn't think of that. :bonk:

Metairie doesn't let you go to the window to get the form until after they call appointments for that hour, they are always very busy. I've never tried doing walk-in biometrics because of this. I probably wouldn't advise it though, especially as they would have to drive even further than we do.

:goofy: I thought about it too after posting about calling myself. We will just have to wait. And since we live over 2-1/2 hours away, we would NEVER try a walk-in for biometrics there. Hope the letter comes Monday or Tuesday though as hubby will have to have a whole day off and his company likes you to give two weeks' notice. :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

Timeline
:goofy: Got the notice today - Yay! We are set for July 13th at 1:00. Not too early, not too late. Although it is Friday the 13th, it is a Friday so we will hit New Orleans afterwards. :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

Timeline

:goofy: Got the notice today - Yay! We are set for July 13th at 1:00. Not too early, not too late. Although it is Friday the 13th, it is a Friday so we will hit New Orleans afterwards. :goofy:

Yay! That's not too bad. Make sure you sit at the front and get up quickly when they call 1pm appointments or you'll be stuck there until 2pm. Have your husband hold his GC and the appointment letter while he is waiting so he is ready when he gets to the window.

My interview is at 8.30 am :lol: I hope I can remember all the questions while I'm half asleep! :)

Timeline

Yay! That's not too bad. Make sure you sit at the front and get up quickly when they call 1pm appointments or you'll be stuck there until 2pm. Have your husband hold his GC and the appointment letter while he is waiting so he is ready when he gets to the window.

My interview is at 8.30 am :lol: I hope I can remember all the questions while I'm half asleep! :)

:goofy: Oh yay! I wish you good luck!!!! How exciting but nerve-wracking. I hope you get the first 6 questions right so you don't have to answer any more. I know you will post when you can. Good luck again! :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

Timeline

:goofy: Oh yay! I wish you good luck!!!! How exciting but nerve-wracking. I hope you get the first 6 questions right so you don't have to answer any more. I know you will post when you can. Good luck again! :goofy:

It's not for another couple of weeks, after your appointment actually. Sorry I didn't make that clear! I just meant it's early in the morning, which is no fun! But thanks, and I hope so too haha! :) I have been frantically revising, it is tough though! How is your husband on the questions? He will get given a booklet with all the information in but I find it is easier to get my husband to test me with the flash cards from the USCIS website.

Timeline

It's not for another couple of weeks, after your appointment actually. Sorry I didn't make that clear! I just meant it's early in the morning, which is no fun! But thanks, and I hope so too haha! :) I have been frantically revising, it is tough though! How is your husband on the questions? He will get given a booklet with all the information in but I find it is easier to get my husband to test me with the flash cards from the USCIS website.

:goofy: Oh, sorry. Thought it was this morning.

Have you used the computer-generated questions that come from the VJ site? It is really good. If you don't know it, here it is: http://amaruk.atspace.com/tests/NewCivicsTest.html Just click the box, "Ask a new question" to get started. We like using this. :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

Timeline

:goofy: Oh, sorry. Thought it was this morning.

Have you used the computer-generated questions that come from the VJ site? It is really good. If you don't know it, here it is: http://amaruk.atspace.com/tests/NewCivicsTest.html Just click the box, "Ask a new question" to get started. We like using this. :goofy:

No I haven't, thanks! I don't like the ones with multiple choice answers, it makes it too easy. I will do some questions now! :)

Timeline

No I haven't, thanks! I don't like the ones with multiple choice answers, it makes it too easy. I will do some questions now! :)

:goofy: This is not multiple choice. It asks a question, you have to give an answer, and then you check it with the correct answer. Just like having your husband ask you questions but you can do it alone whenever you want. :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

Timeline

:goofy: This is not multiple choice. It asks a question, you have to give an answer, and then you check it with the correct answer. Just like having your husband ask you questions but you can do it alone whenever you want. :goofy:

Yes, this is excellent! Thanks! I have been testing myself throughout the day. Do you know the answers to all the questions too?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.