kittydoll

Did you bring your photo album during the interview?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. Is it ok to just print 6 pics of my fiance and I together resized and fit it on 1 legal sized paper?

Do we put the dates when it was taken? cant remember exact dates. Did you bring your photo album during the interview? did the consul ever asked you to show more pics? Pls give tips, what you did... thank you very much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Consulate at US Embassy in Manila will almost always look at your pictures. They can ask to see anything they want. You will definitely want to bring your picture album to the interview. Pictures are one of the most common things the Consul will ask to see. The pictures would be pretty small to fit 6 on one page. Maybe 2 4x6 per page would be better . I sent the clearest 4x6 photos I had , pics in different clothes ,locations and a couple with friends, family and US together in every photo of course. I sent 8 total pics, the very best quality I had that you could see us crystal clear. Marking dates and description is helpful but many do not and have zero problems.

I-129F K1 Visa

06/04/12- I-129F mailed USPS Priority

06/06/12- USPS Delivery Confirmation

06/11/12- Received Text & Email notification for NOA1

06/11/12- Official NOA1 date on hardcopy

06/12/12- USCIS cashed check

06/14/12- Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

09/09/12- Received Text/Email NOA2

09/12/12- NVC received

09/13/12- NVC issued case #

09/14/12- NVC Left for USEM

09/17/12- Schelduled Interview

09/21/12- USEM Received case

09/21/12- Received Instruction Letter NVC completed

09/24/12- Medical at St Lukes ( Day 1 Delay started menst :( )

10/01/12- Medical at St Lukes (Day 2 Passed)

10/04/12- CFO seminar completed ( Certificate issued)

10/19/12- Interview USEM (Approved)

10/24/12- USEM issued/released visa to 2GO for delivery

10/25/12- Able to track visa via 2GO website ( *Had to use UID# as tracking #)

10/27/12- Visa received (Quezon City)

12/06/12- POE SFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the link to requirements for the K1 Interview at the US Embassy in Manila. You can find every thing you will need to prepare here:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_005.pdf

J. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT. You must be prepared to prove to the consular officer that you have a genuine relationship with your petitioner and a clear intention to marry within 90 days of admission into the U.S. In the past, successful applicants have submitted photographs, letters, e-mails, phone records, bank records, and remittance records as evidence supporting their relationships and *intent to marry.

*Intent to marry will be a updated letter, Similar to the one's you sent with the original I-129 Petition only signed and dated close to the interview. Difference is only US Citizen needs a Letter of Intent as foreign fiance can verbally agree to intent and address the letter to the Consulate. As found here:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Edited by Dolly&Dan

I-129F K1 Visa

06/04/12- I-129F mailed USPS Priority

06/06/12- USPS Delivery Confirmation

06/11/12- Received Text & Email notification for NOA1

06/11/12- Official NOA1 date on hardcopy

06/12/12- USCIS cashed check

06/14/12- Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

09/09/12- Received Text/Email NOA2

09/12/12- NVC received

09/13/12- NVC issued case #

09/14/12- NVC Left for USEM

09/17/12- Schelduled Interview

09/21/12- USEM Received case

09/21/12- Received Instruction Letter NVC completed

09/24/12- Medical at St Lukes ( Day 1 Delay started menst :( )

10/01/12- Medical at St Lukes (Day 2 Passed)

10/04/12- CFO seminar completed ( Certificate issued)

10/19/12- Interview USEM (Approved)

10/24/12- USEM issued/released visa to 2GO for delivery

10/25/12- Able to track visa via 2GO website ( *Had to use UID# as tracking #)

10/27/12- Visa received (Quezon City)

12/06/12- POE SFO

Just from our experience... the interview was just a few questions and then looking at the pictures. Looking at the pictures didn't seem important for the interview, it was more like looking at the pictures for fun.

Most people do bring pictures but I don't think it would matter if they were resized or dated. Just bring some with you.

My wife made separate photo albums for ever visit I made, so there was a bunch of photos and albums. I think I sent her a couple hundred photos. She set them up as two photos per page each with a description (who, what, where and when). The CO had already told my then fiancée was approved and ending the interview when he realized he had forgotten to look at the photos. He then asked if she wanted him to look at them, but she said its OK, she's just happy with approval. This leads me to believe if there has already been enough evidence to prove the relationship without a doubt, photos aren't even needed. Although not having them with you might say a lot to. Our I-129F was pretty well front loaded with evidence, including 4 pictures per trip dated with descriptions going back numerous years and trips.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife had 8 or so pictures at the interview, CO only looked at a couple. Where we were surprised was at CFO where she had 4 pictures arranged and they asked for more, luckily she had more in her folder, I think CFO does this just to get a reaction out of people, for some reason what should be a prep and offering awareness for immigrating to another country has become a "test".

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The CO didn't ask any pictures from me, in fact he returned to me the pictures we sent with the petition after the interview.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

I brought one photo album containing more than 400 pics. I was only asked for 3. :P We overloaded our petition with photos. Maybe that's why. :unsure:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Hello. Is it ok to just print 6 pics of my fiance and I together resized and fit it on 1 legal sized paper?

Do we put the dates when it was taken? cant remember exact dates. Did you bring your photo album during the interview? did the consul ever asked you to show more pics? Pls give tips, what you did... thank you very much.

I think a lot of people way overdo the relationship evidence. Several good pictures, several pages of transcripts of chat, money transfer receipts, receipt for ring and of course the required stuff that is spelled out. Here is my opinion. If everything is in order you will sail thru and they will hardly look at anything. I have never heard of anyone being turned down for lack of enough chat transcripts or pictures. Most of the time when someone is turned down, if you dig into the problem it was something else. I am not saying don't take evidence, I am saying the 5lb package you hear talked about hear is absurd, unless it just makes you feel better, then by all means. .

In my time here I would say the biggest reasons I hear is lack of proof of income-That is number 1., NBI cert problems, medical problems, CENOMAR problems, criminal history problems. prior marriage problems, Prior K-1 problems. I would be interested to hear what others say.

Basically boils down to this -if you make enough and don't lie about anything and your relationship is legit it will be a quick quick interview. They don't have time to grill you for very long.

The Consulate at US Embassy in Manila will almost always look at your pictures. They can ask to see anything they want. You will definitely want to bring your picture album to the interview. Pictures are one of the most common things the Consul will ask to see. The pictures would be pretty small to fit 6 on one page. Maybe 2 4x6 per page would be better . I sent the clearest 4x6 photos I had , pics in different clothes ,locations and a couple with friends, family and US together in every photo of course. I sent 8 total pics, the very best quality I had that you could see us crystal clear. Marking dates and description is helpful but many do not and have zero problems.

Actually the Manila Embassy usually only takes a passing glance at photo's if that. By all means take some, but they are usually not a big part of the interview. If everything in an application is correct and there are no warning signs, the average applicant will talk to tow people for about 3 mins each.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the link to requirements for the K1 Interview at the US Embassy in Manila. You can find every thing you will need to prepare here:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_005.pdf

J. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT. You must be prepared to prove to the consular officer that you have a genuine relationship with your petitioner and a clear intention to marry within 90 days of admission into the U.S. In the past, successful applicants have submitted photographs, letters, e-mails, phone records, bank records, and remittance records as evidence supporting their relationships and *intent to marry.

*Intent to marry will be a updated letter, Similar to the one's you sent with the original I-129 Petition only signed and dated close to the interview. Difference is only US Citizen needs a Letter of Intent as foreign fiance can verbally agree to intent and address the letter to the Consulate. As found here:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everyone gave good advice. Bottom line ...no need to front load and overdue it or complicate or clutter everything. They already looked at your evidence and 4 to six good pics in petiton. If relationship is good and all docs in order and fiance is confident and knows you it will be quick, Even though I was there for interview and prepared for any additional info and docs and photo album of 4 visits, Consular did not ask for any additional docs or pics.

Everyone gave good advice. Bottom line ...no need to front load and overdue it or complicate or clutter everything. They already looked at your evidence and 4 to six good pics in petiton. If relationship is good and all docs in order and fiance is confident and knows you it will be quick, Even though I was there for interview and prepared for any additional info and docs and photo album of 4 visits, Consular did not ask for any additional docs or pics.

exactly and most that are new to the process are so exicyed and fixated on the task at hand they want to do everything possible to move it along. I was the same way.

I think a lot including me lost site of the fact that these bureaucrats look at many hundreds of cases per week, and we are not the first person to marry a foriegner.

I actually know someone that works at VSC. A lot of what we think we know is wrong. They don't want a four lb package with 100 pictures. To tell the truth they don't give a damn about the love of your life or the fact you think you discovered the Philippines. They want a neat, well organized package in which the info flows neatly from requirement to requirement, with every document in place and clearly legible.They want the supporting documents they asked for and a few pictures representing your time spend with your loved one. What they absolutely detest is "joe Front Load" who crams reams after reams info that they have to dig thru to get the information they need to process your packet.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://photos.state....3__rtf2_005.pdf

http://www.visajourn...r_of_Intent.doc

This is funny.... anyone want our "new improved" letters of intent? Embassy never asked for them so they are still sitting in a folder. And the CO even forgot to ask my wife if she intented to marry during the interview, we had barely sat down and he called her back to the window to ask her that question. :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.