kaydee457

renouncing U.S citizenship to become illegal ?

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's insane. I really am surprised to learn that so many come here intending to stay. Most of the time in my experience it's young men either too young to have a family, or leaving their wife/kids behind. Javier was in that first category.

Yep, I live in a agricultural area, and I see it all the time in the grocery store. Is very rare to see cash come from the pocket.unless beer or cigs are bought! Its usually a swipe of a card or a coupon!

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

i wonder if anyone who's been on a soapbox about healthcare costs has read this one link about Medical care to illegal aliens... :whistle:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I think this all ties back in to what the OP was trying to get across with his original message. The percevied benefits ( and according to these studies the actual benefits ) outweigh the perceived and actual punishments in place for coming across illegally.

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

we can all post "studies" supporting one side of the argument or the other on the economic impact of illegal immigrants to this country.

we won't be able to convince the other side.

the OP's posted letter, tounge in cheeck or not, displays a sentiment of the anti-illegal side. This sentiment is baseless. sure, there is a problem. and understanable ppl are mad/upset/angry. but don't let those emotions let you come to conclusins like the ones expressed in that letter.

:D

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Timeline
we can all post "studies" supporting one side of the argument or the other on the economic impact of illegal immigrants to this country.

the OP's posted letter, tounge in cheeck or not, displays a sentiment of the anti-illegal side. This sentiment is baseless. sure, there is a problem. and understanable ppl are mad/upset/angry. but don't let those emotions let you come to conclusins like the ones expressed in that letter.

Daniel

daniel, i know which side of the argument you sit on. however, next time you get a medical bill, or can't get a pay raise, or even a job - remember this topic ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Daniel

daniel, i know which side of the argument you sit on. however, next time you get a medical bill, or can't get a pay raise, or even a job - remember this topic ;)

charles, i know where you side too. the next time you buy food at reasonable prices, remember as to why it is priced that way.

as to the medical costs, pay raises/etc... beleieve me, these issues have a lot bigger causes than illegal immigrants.

Daniel

K3(I-129F):

off to NVC.

CR1(I-130):

NVC:

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Daniel

I know this wasn't directed at me, however I just want to say that I have almost never gotten a medical bill. The one recent time was an error and was dropped. I have reall good insurance through my job, which I do not live in fear of losing. I also would have no problems whatsoever finding another one, would that be in my field, at McD's, or anywhere else.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Daniel

hahahhaaaaa.. illegal in ones own country :P

not one person here is going to give over.. trust in that :yes:

besides, if I wanted other citizenship.. I'd apply for Irish (thru grandfather immigrating), English (grandmother) or Ecuadorian (wife).

while it is true illegal immigration is a known problem... the suggested/proposed solutions coming outa DC are stupid. not shortsighted, uneducated or whatever they call eachothers plans... they are all stupid. building a wall will not help. imposing stricter immigration laws will not help. granting citizenship to ppl who already commited a federal crime sends wrong message.

nailing the employers heavily with fines will start to bring the process back to equal balance. granting more unskilled labor work visas will also help. will congress listen? doubtful... big business spends the $$ there to get what they want... no longer for the ppl by the ppl.... more like for the $$ buy the congress.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Timeline
charles, i know where you side too. the next time you buy food at reasonable prices, remember as to why it is priced that way.

as to the medical costs, pay raises/etc... beleieve me, these issues have a lot bigger causes than illegal immigrants.

Daniel

my food is always reasonably priced, i buy at the commissary :D

nessa got a first hand look at that this weekend - one example i remember is a pineapple in the commissary at $2.50 each, downtown $5 each :dance:

I know this wasn't directed at me, however I just want to say that I have almost never gotten a medical bill. The one recent time was an error and was dropped. I have reall good insurance through my job, which I do not live in fear of losing. I also would have no problems whatsoever finding another one, would that be in my field, at McD's, or anywhere else.

but when you do get that medical bill, you'll know why it's so high. you're paying the cost of those illegals....

also keep in mind that vehicle insurance is high too - remember that uninsured driver's part of it? :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't think an illegal will ever affect a pay raise in the field i work in.. If i worked as a contractor, construction worker, farm labor.. yes.. but.. I do not.. lawl..

so in schools.. no school lunches for 'anchor kids'? I thought those lunches were for all hte kids @ school, not only the kids from illegal aliens, which by constitutional right they are born US citizens, and therefore I think they have a right to school free lunches

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

Daniel

besides, if I wanted other citizenship.. I'd apply for Irish (thru grandfather immigrating), English (grandmother) or Ecuadorian (wife).

while it is true illegal immigration is a known problem... the suggested/proposed solutions coming outa DC are stupid. not shortsighted, uneducated or whatever they call eachothers plans... they are all stupid. building a wall will not help. imposing stricter immigration laws will not help. granting citizenship to ppl who already commited a federal crime sends wrong message.

nailing the employers heavily with fines will start to bring the process back to equal balance. granting more unskilled labor work visas will also help. will congress listen? doubtful... big business spends the $$ there to get what they want... no longer for the ppl by the ppl.... more like for the $$ buy the congress.

If we want to talk solutions to a problem, I think nobody so far has really touched on the best solution. Of course it's not a popular one, but like every good solution to a problem, it addresses the cause. It's not a bandaid type of thing but a fixing type of thing, and that is, make Mexicans want to stay in Mexico. Why would you risk your life crossing over the desert for a job? One of the main reasons could be you can't find one at home, or that the job you had at home does not pay enough to sustain your life and the life of your family. I know, for an example, that Javier works about 12 hours a day on the farm, 7 days a week, and is paid 800 pesos a week, which roughly converts to $80. That's like $10 a day. And he's really not all that bad off. The key is to educate Mexicans-stop with this ending school in the 7th grade, and get them to stay in Mexico, with jobs available that pay a livable wage. To those who might say it's not our problem to fix, I would say it most certainly is our problem to fix: 1-because we don't want them here; and 2-because we are and have always been in the habit of "helping" other countries out, even the ones that don't necessarily want or need our help. :whistle:

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline
but when you do get that medical bill, you'll know why it's so high. you're paying the cost of those illegals....

also keep in mind that vehicle insurance is high too - remember that uninsured driver's part of it? :lol:

charles,

is it your premise that the high cost of these bills and insurance are either totally or for themost part the fault of uninsured illegal aliens?

Daniel

K3(I-129F):

off to NVC.

CR1(I-130):

NVC:

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
I don't think an illegal will ever affect a pay raise in the field i work in.. If i worked as a contractor, construction worker, farm labor.. yes.. but.. I do not.. lawl..

so in schools.. no school lunches for 'anchor kids'? I thought those lunches were for all hte kids @ school, not only the kids from illegal aliens, which by constitutional right they are born US citizens, and therefore I think they have a right to school free lunches

You are assuming that these children weren't brought over during the initial border crossing.

Daniel

If we want to talk solutions to a problem, I think nobody so far has really touched on the best solution. Of course it's not a popular one, but like every good solution to a problem, it addresses the cause. It's not a bandaid type of thing but a fixing type of thing, and that is, make Mexicans want to stay in Mexico. Why would you risk your life crossing over the desert for a job? One of the main reasons could be you can't find one at home, or that the job you had at home does not pay enough to sustain your life and the life of your family. I know, for an example, that Javier works about 12 hours a day on the farm, 7 days a week, and is paid 800 pesos a week, which roughly converts to $80. That's like $10 a day. And he's really not all that bad off. The key is to educate Mexicans-stop with this ending school in the 7th grade, and get them to stay in Mexico, with jobs available that pay a livable wage. To those who might say it's not our problem to fix, I would say it most certainly is our problem to fix: 1-because we don't want them here; and 2-because we are and have always been in the habit of "helping" other countries out, even the ones that don't necessarily want or need our help. :whistle:

I have thought of that as well. It makes sense, but you are going to have to try and change an entire culture and way of life in order to improve conditions to that point.

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

Timeline

charles,

is it your premise that the high cost of these bills and insurance are either totally or for themost part the fault of uninsured illegal aliens?

Daniel

i'm saying it is related to that, yes. obviously, someone who is illegally here won't be too interested in following the law about mandatory insurance on their vehicle, will they? (and yes, some states allow illegals to own and drive vehicles)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Daniel

my food is always reasonably priced, i buy at the commissary :D

nessa got a first hand look at that this weekend - one example i remember is a pineapple in the commissary at $2.50 each, downtown $5 each :dance:

Uninsured drivers come in ALL walks of life, as do "system" cheaters. In my last job, my coworker spent many hours trying to figure out how to cheat the WIC system. She was as American as me. In fact, when I think of those two groupings of people, the first thing that comes to my mind is NOT illegal aliens.

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

so no free lunches for illegal kidz?

ZOMG!

anyway.. pce out.. good debate.. have to go to worxx

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,