neodragon0l

Front Loading on a K-1 Application

12 posts in this topic

The Philippines is considered a high fraud country. Therefore, showing evidence is crucial that you have a legitimate relationship especially for I-129F and I-130s. I am hoping to get feedback if people here front loaded or not. The success of the application. Of course, this assumes a lot of factors. So is front loading a good idea?

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

My entire application was 24 pages. I got an RFE because 12 of those pages were my Divorce Journal, not a one page Divorce Decree. So 13 pages would have done it. I met Emely through here sister who lives near me. I proposed on my first visit. Visited again before the RFE was received. And have proof of that trip. I'm leaving a week from tomorrow for the K1 Interview. you don't need to have a lot of documentation. Give them what they ask for. don't over load them. But have a real relationship. DON"T lie about anything. if you do you're hosed. So from my experience, you don't need tons of papers to prove your relationship. Just have a real one, and I suspect things will work out fine.

10/19/2011- FedEx'd I-129F

10/20/2011 - Received @ Dallas Lockbox

10/25/2011 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA1

10/28/2011 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

02/11/2012 - Received E-mail/Text RFE

02/13/2012 - Received Hardcopy of RFE

02/16/2012 - Fedex'd RFE response

02/17/2012 - Received RFE response @ VSC

02/24/2012 - Received E-mail/Text, RFE Response Review

03/07/2012 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA2 (134 days)

03/10/2012 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

03/13/2012 - NVC Received I129F Approval Packet

03/20/2012 - NVC Sent Packet to Embassy

04/04/2012 - Embassy Received Packet

04/16/2012 - Fiancee received Packet 3.

04/30/2012 - Fiancee responded to Packet 3

06/21/2012 - Interview Date. Visais Approved!.

07/01/2012 - Received Visa from Go2

07/05/2012 - Arrived in USA. Chicago POE.

07/05/2012 - Arrived in Washington.

07/27/2012 - Married (Yea)

09/01/2012 - AOS, AP, EAD Applied for via USPS Registered Mail

09/09/2012 - EMails for all three forms arrived.

09/1?/2012 - NOA 1s for all three arrived.

The evidence we submitted for meeting within the last two years was 5 pictures, some ATM receipts, my passport stamp, and one boarding pass (I lost the other).

We saved all the evidence of a relationship for the interview, where it was ignored. :blush:

We had zero problems, except for the long wait.

My entire application was 24 pages. I got an RFE because 12 of those pages were my Divorce Journal, not a one page Divorce Decree. So 13 pages would have done it. I met Emely through here sister who lives near me. I proposed on my first visit. Visited again before the RFE was received. And have proof of that trip. I'm leaving a week from tomorrow for the K1 Interview. you don't need to have a lot of documentation. Give them what they ask for. don't over load them. But have a real relationship. DON"T lie about anything. if you do you're hosed. So from my experience, you don't need tons of papers to prove your relationship. Just have a real one, and I suspect things will work out fine.

Well said. Agree 100%

The evidence we submitted for meeting within the last two years was 5 pictures, some ATM receipts, my passport stamp, and one boarding pass (I lost the other).

We saved all the evidence of a relationship for the interview, where it was ignored. :blush:

We had zero problems, except for the long wait.

Again well said. collecting 100's of pages on either end is a complete waste. If you have a real relationship and meet the guidelines, they are barely going to glance and the proof of relationship. If it makes you feel better to print 100's of chat transcripts, send 30 or 40 pictures, journal etc, then go for it, but it's a complete waste other than making you feel better.

...but it's a complete waste other than making you feel better.

And if you overload the USCIS, you slow them down getting to the next applicant, and I don't know any of us who wouldn't have liked to get OUR paperwork processed faster. innocent.gif

10/19/2011- FedEx'd I-129F

10/20/2011 - Received @ Dallas Lockbox

10/25/2011 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA1

10/28/2011 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

02/11/2012 - Received E-mail/Text RFE

02/13/2012 - Received Hardcopy of RFE

02/16/2012 - Fedex'd RFE response

02/17/2012 - Received RFE response @ VSC

02/24/2012 - Received E-mail/Text, RFE Response Review

03/07/2012 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA2 (134 days)

03/10/2012 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

03/13/2012 - NVC Received I129F Approval Packet

03/20/2012 - NVC Sent Packet to Embassy

04/04/2012 - Embassy Received Packet

04/16/2012 - Fiancee received Packet 3.

04/30/2012 - Fiancee responded to Packet 3

06/21/2012 - Interview Date. Visais Approved!.

07/01/2012 - Received Visa from Go2

07/05/2012 - Arrived in USA. Chicago POE.

07/05/2012 - Arrived in Washington.

07/27/2012 - Married (Yea)

09/01/2012 - AOS, AP, EAD Applied for via USPS Registered Mail

09/09/2012 - EMails for all three forms arrived.

09/1?/2012 - NOA 1s for all three arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My entire application was 10 pieces including the check and the application as 2 pieces of the the 10. 2 pages were prior divorce decrees. I might do it differently if I did it again, but pretty much everything was 1 or 2 pages. I did not submit letters of intent, although I did mention in my cover letter that we planned to marry within 90 days of her arrival. There was no letter from her. We were approved without RFE. I had only 1 visit of 9 days to the Philippines prior to submitting our petition.

I'm not saying it was the right way to go, just pointing out that more isn't always necessary.

Timeline

I personally did front load my petition.I front loaded using quality over quantity if that makes sense.Below is what I did and have used many times over the years to help my first Filipina wife,her friends and family doing there K1 visas. All were successful with no RFE. I'm not sure if front loading helps or not. I feel comfortable doing so, and I make sure not to go overboard. I find more pros than cons in doing so.***Optional requirements are marked with ***

$340 Submittal Fee- Check or Money order made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Cover Letter

I-129F-(Recommend adding a 1 page attachment for question 18 explaining the circumstances of meeting within the past two years, sign and date I-129F and attachment.)

G-325A- filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated

G-325A- filled out by the foreign fiance signed and dated

***G-1145- (***Optional but recommended)

Copy of Birth Certificate- US Citizen

***Copy of Birth Certificate- Foreign Fiance (***Optional but recommended- Use to avoid discrepancies on birth certificate and information you place on the forms as mistakes on birth certificates are common in the Philippines,you can avoid a possible RFE or delay.)

Letter of Intent to marry- US Citizen signed and dated

Letter of Intent to marry- Foreign Fiance signed and dated

Passport Photo- 1 of US Citizen

Passport Photo- 1 of Foreign Fiance

Proof of having met in last 2 years - Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts etc

Copy of your Passport- Front page and Exit / Entry Stamps. Make sure to make clear copies of Exit/Entry stamps.

Photos- Photos of you and fiance together. If possible include photos of different locations and clothing. Photos with you, fiance, fiances friends and family together.( 6-12 photos )

***Proof of ongoing relationship- Copies of land line /cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof, Chat logs from Skype,Yahoo etc. , Money remittance receipts such as Western Union or Xoom, Engagement ring receipt etc. Basically any thing you have to prove your relationship is ongoing.(***Not Necessary but Recommend if you want to front load your Petition- I personally front load Petition using quality over quantity)

If applicable- Copy of final Divorce Decree/Annulment or Death Certificate for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance if either has been previously married and marriage ended due to divorce,annulment or death. Include for all previous marriages.

If applicable- Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information . (Personally never had to deal with this so seeking further advice in this matter is highly recommended.)

Triple check everything for mistakes, signatures, dates or any discrepancies. Answer all questions, put None or N/A where applicable.If necessary add attachment to any question where you need more space.

Make 2 extra copies of entire packet. I like to scan and make a digital copy of entire packet. One for your records/safe keeping and one that will be sent to your fiance before her interview.

Mail completed packet to USCIS Dallas Lockbox. Send USPS Priority mail with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation to:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas , TX 75266

I-129F K1 Visa

06/04/12- I-129F mailed USPS Priority

06/06/12- USPS Delivery Confirmation

06/11/12- Received Text & Email notification for NOA1

06/11/12- Official NOA1 date on hardcopy

06/12/12- USCIS cashed check

06/14/12- Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

09/09/12- Received Text/Email NOA2

09/12/12- NVC received

09/13/12- NVC issued case #

09/14/12- NVC Left for USEM

09/17/12- Schelduled Interview

09/21/12- USEM Received case

09/21/12- Received Instruction Letter NVC completed

09/24/12- Medical at St Lukes ( Day 1 Delay started menst :( )

10/01/12- Medical at St Lukes (Day 2 Passed)

10/04/12- CFO seminar completed ( Certificate issued)

10/19/12- Interview USEM (Approved)

10/24/12- USEM issued/released visa to 2GO for delivery

10/25/12- Able to track visa via 2GO website ( *Had to use UID# as tracking #)

10/27/12- Visa received (Quezon City)

12/06/12- POE SFO

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Philippines is considered a high fraud country. Therefore, showing evidence is crucial that you have a legitimate relationship especially for I-129F and I-130s. I am hoping to get feedback if people here front loaded or not. The success of the application. Of course, this assumes a lot of factors. So is front loading a good idea?

NO!

For the I-129F I sent only what was required, plus copy of my passport with stamps showing travel to the Phils, receipt from hotel and travel and 4 pictures of us together. For sure front loading is not needed.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I personally did front load my petition.I front loaded using quality over quantity if that makes sense.Below is what I did and have used many times over the years to help my first Filipina wife,her friends and family doing there K1 visas. All were successful with no RFE. I'm not sure if front loading helps or not. I feel comfortable doing so, and I make sure not to go overboard. I find more pros than cons in doing so.***Optional requirements are marked with ***

$340 Submittal Fee- Check or Money order made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Cover Letter

I-129F-(Recommend adding a 1 page attachment for question 18 explaining the circumstances of meeting within the past two years, sign and date I-129F and attachment.)

G-325A- filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated

G-325A- filled out by the foreign fiance signed and dated

***G-1145- (***Optional but recommended)

Copy of Birth Certificate- US Citizen

***Copy of Birth Certificate- Foreign Fiance (***Optional but recommended- Use to avoid discrepancies on birth certificate and information you place on the forms as mistakes on birth certificates are common in the Philippines,you can avoid a possible RFE or delay.)

Letter of Intent to marry- US Citizen signed and dated

Letter of Intent to marry- Foreign Fiance signed and dated

Passport Photo- 1 of US Citizen

Passport Photo- 1 of Foreign Fiance

Proof of having met in last 2 years - Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts etc

Copy of your Passport- Front page and Exit / Entry Stamps. Make sure to make clear copies of Exit/Entry stamps.

Photos- Photos of you and fiance together. If possible include photos of different locations and clothing. Photos with you, fiance, fiances friends and family together.( 6-12 photos )

***Proof of ongoing relationship- Copies of land line /cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof, Chat logs from Skype,Yahoo etc. , Money remittance receipts such as Western Union or Xoom, Engagement ring receipt etc. Basically any thing you have to prove your relationship is ongoing.(***Not Necessary but Recommend if you want to front load your Petition- I personally front load Petition using quality over quantity)

If applicable- Copy of final Divorce Decree/Annulment or Death Certificate for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance if either has been previously married and marriage ended due to divorce,annulment or death. Include for all previous marriages.

If applicable- Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information . (Personally never had to deal with this so seeking further advice in this matter is highly recommended.)

Triple check everything for mistakes, signatures, dates or any discrepancies. Answer all questions, put None or N/A where applicable.If necessary add attachment to any question where you need more space.

Make 2 extra copies of entire packet. I like to scan and make a digital copy of entire packet. One for your records/safe keeping and one that will be sent to your fiance before her interview.

Mail completed packet to USCIS Dallas Lockbox. Send USPS Priority mail with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation to:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas , TX 75266

I Personally front loaded our petition with quality over quantity. I also made a copy of entire petition. I dont know if it helped or not, that i cant say.I just know our Petition was approved in " 74" days.

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ya but you live close to the service center and they didn't want you coming over "to have a talk with them" so they got your petition done quickly. :rofl:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you guys for the input. I decided to front load with reasonable amount. However, I did not include the ongoing relationship because some of the photos are from last month's visit. I think that qualifies to some extent ongoing relationship.

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.