jimandlinie

K1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone, I just started the K1 process, Already filed my 129-f and received my NOA1 in the mail. My girl is in the Phillipines and will have to travel to Manila . Any suggestions anyone might have for us? I really would appreaciate it. Do we know how long it takes between the medical and the interview?

For the first time ,I am happy to be happy and looking forward to a life with Linie

Jim

Hi Jim,

Usually the medical and interview is within a week of each other. They do a good job of scheduling fairly quickly. I believe you can set her interview as soon as you have her medical date. Others with more experience can chime in with better details.. I am excited as well. I have not seen my fiancee since August....

Good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone, I just started the K1 process, Already filed my 129-f and received my NOA1 in the mail. My girl is in the Phillipines and will have to travel to Manila . Any suggestions anyone might have for us? I really would appreaciate it. Do we know how long it takes between the medical and the interview?

For the first time ,I am happy to be happy and looking forward to a life with Linie

Jim

Once, you get your NOA2, which is the letter of approval, wait till they transfer your case to NVC, and you'll get your MNL case number. Once you get case number, you can call the embassy to set her appointment for interview. She can have her medical one week prior her interview date.

While waiting for NOA2, make sure you have the list of all the documents that your fiancé needs for interview, and gather soon enough.

GoodLuck!

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jim

Time between the medical and interview is up to you/your fiancee, just remember the visa validity time is tied to the medical date so don't do the medical too far in advance of the interview. My wife did her medical nine days before the interview.

Here is some reading for you, maybe it will help pass the time... :whistle:

Check on your embassy case number:

For the NVC:

Give them 7 - 10 days before calling. Call after 4:45 PM eastern time for shorter wait times

K1's are not tracked through the AVR, ever. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an operator. To get there:

1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

NVC CONTACT INFORMATION:

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

* If you are an attorney, include your name and the name and address of your law office.

After NOA2 AND YOU HAVE YOUR MNL # (don't need to wait for the letter from the embassy )

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf (visa fee is wrong in the letter, not sure when they will update that in this letter)

The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different web browser. I had problems getting it to print with IE8, Chrome, Firefox, finally got it to print using Safari.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

When scheduling online with the embassy you need to include the "XX" at the beginning of the passport number, your passport number IS your receipt number.

Priorty Date; this is the date the NOA 2 was approved.

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

St. Luke's:

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

Preregister at St. Luke's, it saves time when you arrive.

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy, and of course the 2X2 photos.

CFO:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hey Jim welcome to VJ! Not sure how long the processing times are these days, but once you get your approval from the CSC if will move pretty fast after that. Make sure you build up some evidence of your relationship (phone logs, chat logs, letters, pictures) for her interview coming up. It took about a month for us between the medical and the interview but i have heard it to be faster for some folks. Good luck to you! :thumbs:

While she's there for the medical, have her get the CFO completed. She'll get a certificate, which she later uses to get the stamp in her passport. That way if you run into a problem with them asking for some obscure document during the CFO interview, you can bring it by when she returns for the embassy interview.

Hope all goes smooth for you two.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

The time between the medical and interview is usually very short, like a week to ten days; unless you get the nice 2 month delay from the stupid sputum test. :ranting:

Waiting for your NOA2 is the toughest part, but after you get that, you'll feel like things are moving pretty fast. And when the wait gets tough, just remember why you're doing this. We were apart for 424 days; but, what's 424 apart so we can have a lifetime together. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.