gretchen_darren

American vs Filipino

222 posts in this topic

Sorry, but the "Untrained, Untouched" is a late-bloomers fantasy that's really overrated and kind of creepy. If a 21 y/o girl anywhere is still that way, it's not because of morals or last-minute resistance; it's because nonody's ever tried. But if that's your thing, throw some patis on it and shuck away...

Just curious... if there are "Many oysters in the world to choose from", why go halfway around the world to pick one when there are many here already? Don't the seasonings and spices work just the same? LOL

Don't be projecting your view of the world on places you have never been, or don't know anything about. :angry:

:huh: Huh? I'm Filipino and have been there (in the province) more than a handful of times. Maybe not as much others, but I grew up "Filipino" to the point of knowing how to cut cane, pick otong/sitaw, fish with nets, and kill a pig or goat and preparing it for cooking on a wood "stove". That is the reality of the places I visit even today. I can say that I've experienced the same level of poverty as any of these people do today.

where did you say anything about the philippines in your previous post? you said "anywhere" and "halfway around the world."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is totally a bunch of BS on your part.

:time: .... oh ya, or are you just a troll!

How is it BS? A 2007 survey about the age of first sexual encounter in 44 countries shows the average age to be from 15.6 - 23 years old. The Philippines wasn't included, but a 2008 survey by the National Demographic and Health Survey (NDHS) shows that a large number of births occur in women age 20 - 24, and moreso in rural areas.

Please don't provoke me to post a timeline. Right now I'm using this site to decide whether or not taking the "Visa Journey" is right for me, which is entirely valid. The only times I really reply to messages is when I see something inflammatory or unscrupulous, as I did the "Untrained, Untouched" comment. Other than that, I just read and learn.

Furthermore, don't call me a troll just because I seem to disagree with your point of view. I'm entitled to enjoy the use of this site as much as any other member, as per the TOS set forth by the site Administrators. Your intent with the "troll" comment was to antagonize me, which is a direct violation of the rules. For your reference:

Permitted Uses. You agree that you are responsible for any Content and communications that you Post and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Service (including but not limited to the discussion forums) only to send and receive messages, material, and in general Content that is in conformity with or permitted by law (legal), proper and if part of the discussion forums then also related to the particular subject matter. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

Edited by DaRoq

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Please don't provoke me to post a timeline. Right now I'm using this site to decide whether or not taking the "Visa Journey" is right for me, which is entirely valid. The only times I really reply to messages is when I see something inflammatory or unscrupulous, as I did the "Untrained, Untouched" comment. Other than that, I just read and learn.

Have you even filed a petition for you fiance or spouse yet?

Timeline

where did you say anything about the philippines in your previous post? you said "anywhere" and "halfway around the world."

I didn't. However, whomever I was replying to made it a point to clarify that a 21 y/o Filipina is different than a 21 y/o "Amerikana". Therefore, the context of the line of conversation was "Filipinas" (in the Philippines), so I replied back accordingly when called out about places I've never been or know anything about.

09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

How is it BS? A 2007 survey about the age of first sexual encounter in 44 countries shows the average age to be from 15.6 - 23 years old. The Philippines wasn't included, but a 2008 survey by the National Demographic and Health Survey (NDHS) shows that a large number of births occur in women age 20 - 24, and moreso in rural areas.

Furthermore, don't call me a troll just because I seem to disagree with your point of view. I'm entitled to enjoy the use of this site as much as any other member, as per the TOS set forth by the site Administrators. Your intent with the "troll" comment was to antagonize me, which is a direct violation of the rules. For your reference:

Permitted Uses. You agree that you are responsible for any Content and communications that you Post and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Service (including but not limited to the discussion forums) only to send and receive messages, material, and in general Content that is in conformity with or permitted by law (legal), proper and if part of the discussion forums then also related to the particular subject matter. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

If a 21 y/o girl anywhere is still that way, it's not because of morals or last-minute resistance; it's because nonody's ever tried.

Who give a rat's azz about a survey. So you are of the belief that a woman that is still a virgin at age 21 or older because that is her choice is not a reality? You believe the poster I was replying to that its because "nobodys tried" .... to that I still respond.... BS! Your thinking is SO derogatory towards women!

So are you a troll? Using this site to see if taking the "visa journey" or notis for you.... ? Really? (maybe finding a woman would help with that decision) Somethings smells and its not the fish...

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Have you even filed a petition for you fiance or spouse yet?

To be honest, no. I filled out the paperwork before, but she had service commitments and wanted to get more work experience. She's also 29 and a little bit pragmatic, so wants to be fully prepared before leaving everything behind. My plan is to go back this year and do it right.

I realize that was a rhetorical question, but I wanted to be mention it anyway.

09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued

Timeline

Who give a rat's azz about a survey. So you are of the belief that a woman that is still a virgin at age 21 or older because that is her choice is not a reality? You believe the poster I was replying to that its because "nobodys tried" .... to that I still respond.... BS! Your thinking is SO derogatory towards women!

So are you a troll? Using this site to see if taking the "visa journey" or notis for you.... ? Really? (maybe finding a woman would help with that decision) Somethings smells and its not the fish...

:wow:

Look, I don't want to argue with you. I was actually trying to be non-derogatory in saying "nobody's tried", but I guess you'd prefer I state the specific reasons why? Not happening. The reality is that any choice needs to be made only if a person is put into a predicament. And that choice is weighted by the circumstances and/or desired outcome. In other words, a choice can used as "leverage", such as in saying "Not until we're married". Just because I realize this doesn't mean my thinking is derogatory to women. In actuality, I have the utmost respect for women. I have 2 young adult daughters whom I love so much, that it bothers me when a DOM looks at someone their age as a commodity. That's the only reason I replied to the mysoginistic statements that were made.

What's wrong with wanting to read about the real-life experiences of people going through the process? Just because I have options and don't feel any rush doesn't make my use of this site any less valid. The very fact that you even thought that saying "Really? (maybe finding a woman would help with that decision)" would be an attack on my manhood belies your frame of mind. I can assure you that I have no problems "finding a woman". Whether I want to go through the trouble of bringing her (or anybody else) here is another story. I know it's hard to understand that concept, but that's not my problem.

If you can't comprehend simple constructs and form coherent sentences, please don't bother replying. Especially if you're going to continue violating my rights of use under the Terms of Service.

09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued

:wow:

Look, I don't want to argue with you. I was actually trying to be non-derogatory in saying "nobody's tried", but I guess you'd prefer I state the specific reasons why? Not happening.

Why not? Just go ahead and say what's on your mind. State the specific reasons and the conversation will progress much more easily.

The reality is that any choice needs to be made only if a person is put into a predicament. And that choice is weighted by the circumstances and/or desired outcome. In other words, a choice can used as "leverage", such as in saying "Not until we're married". Just because I realize this doesn't mean my thinking is derogatory to women. In actuality, I have the utmost respect for women. I have 2 young adult daughters whom I love so much, that it bothers me when a DOM looks at someone their age as a commodity. That's the only reason I replied to the mysoginistic statements that were made.

I gotta be honest with you. I don't understand one-tenth of what you're trying to say here. Don't beat around the bush cuz you're losing me. And what the heck is a DOM? Are you talking about the wine?

What's wrong with wanting to read about the real-life experiences of people going through the process? Just because I have options and don't feel any rush doesn't make my use of this site any less valid. The very fact that you even thought that saying "Really? (maybe finding a woman would help with that decision)" would be an attack on my manhood belies your frame of mind. I can assure you that I have no problems "finding a woman". Whether I want to go through the trouble of bringing her (or anybody else) here is another story. I know it's hard to understand that concept, but that's not my problem.

WOW, aren't you the romantic one. If you're really looking for real-life experiences here's some info. We didn't go through this process because it wasn't too much trouble bringing her/him here. We, most of us, went through the process because we couldn't stand being apart.
If you can't comprehend simple constructs and form coherent sentences, please don't bother replying. Especially if you're going to continue violating my rights of use under the Terms of Service.
I thought I should apologize here, since I've been so confused by your previous post. I thought maybe I wasn't smart enough to participate in your conversation. But I realized I do normally understand simple constructs; I just can't understand what you've been saying. Sorry anyways though. :thumbs: I hope my sentences were coherent enough to pass your scrutiny.

To be honest, no. I filled out the paperwork before, but she had service commitments and wanted to get more work experience. She's also 29 and a little bit pragmatic, so wants to be fully prepared before leaving everything behind. My plan is to go back this year and do it right.

I realize that was a rhetorical question, but I wanted to be mention it anyway.

I see your picture now. Are you from a Filipino family? How did you meet your fiance? When you both are ready to file, which route of filing will you go?

Not trying to be a smart aleck, just trying to be friendly. :thumbs:

Sorry, but the "Untrained, Untouched" is a late-bloomers fantasy that's really overrated and kind of creepy. If a 21 y/o girl anywhere is still that way, it's not because of morals or last-minute resistance; it's because nonody's ever tried. But if that's your thing, throw some patis on it and shuck away...

Just curious... if there are "Many oysters in the world to choose from", why go halfway around the world to pick one when there are many here already? Don't the seasonings and spices work just the same? LOL

My wife and I have to strongly disagree with this comment (in bold). All of her female friends and cousins would also disagree. We aren't offended but feel that you may be ignorant when it comes to the subject.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: Timeline

most filipinos have a very family oriented training so rules are usually laid out but this also depends on the way the parents are brought out- if the parents are liberal or bohemian the kids too and sometimes get pregnant ahead of time..

in the us i observed that girls usually flirt if they like the boys in open public or through invitation- want to come to my house? or let's go to the attic - [referring to a shower wedding-] for some company. this is not possible for most filipinos who have very strict family religious upbringing but the internet has struck the country with all that's sex and the youngsters are making a liberal mark too.. well i can say it's a tug of war between liberalism and conservatism.. but they could be, once it is appropriate... yet they still need more education on hiv though...

well i work with americans and they are very independent... not so much dependency even in foods... buy your own food while we're sitting in a table gobbling our food in a patio- (worked with research once)... probably was thinking that americans have food stamps so why share? filipinos don't have that that's why the sharing... haha just a thought!

well am proud to say i am adjusted working with americans... Back to america soon!

caution, hazardous smell ahead !

Sorry, but the "Untrained, Untouched" is a late-bloomers fantasy that's really overrated and kind of creepy. If a 21 y/o girl anywhere is still that way, it's not because of morals or last-minute resistance; it's because nonody's ever tried.

daroq, my wife and i both smell something.

let's see if anyone else smells a big steaming pile.

hank?

That is totally a bunch of BS on your part.

looks like hank smells it too.

anyone else?

My wife and I have to strongly disagree with this comment (in bold). All of her female friends and cousins would also disagree. We aren't offended but feel that you may be ignorant when it comes to the subject.

looks like kev and jena smell it too.

let's see what daroq says about the foul odor.

daroq, where are you?

hey daroq, the smell is getting worse. you told me you were talking about the philippines. you said that was the context of the conversation, didn't you? now you're quoting surveys which don't even include filipinos. i call bs on you! by the way, a large majority of the women in those surveys are married aren't they? doesn't that mean your surveys don't support your bs?

let's see what hank says.

hank?

thanks hank. that confirms our suspicion.

hey b_j, you're doing good work with that shovel. keep on digging! :thumbs:+1 for you !

Timeline

The only times I really reply to messages is when I see something inflammatory or unscrupulous, as I did the "Untrained, Untouched" comment.

Why was my comment inflammatory to you? My response was to the rediculous comment about young women. With 2 daughters you should jump on my back and support me. And what are you reading into that comment? I see you have attached a twisted view to it. My comment '"untrained and Untouched implies that I would rather be in a relationship with someone young who doesn't have the baggage and emotional hardships that come from many years of being in bad relationships. I would rather her open-minded and have a fresh way of thinking, then to be emotional damaged by years of bad men and relationships. Is that ok with you? To each is own and by no means do I not appreciate all women. Its just what i was looking for. And I'm not the poster who started bashing on age.

One more thing, you tought that your highly educated and your above some on this thread. Big words and spellcheck have got you this far, but you make absolutely NO SENSE!!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Seriously!?!? Do you just need attention? This thread has been dead for three days but you revive it with the "Asians eat dogs" stereotype.

Really,,, just Asians eat dogs. I believe Obama said, "They taste good".

Actually, there is a particular breed grown in South Korea just for eating. And, a few Filipinos DO eat dogs. I was been witness to two

separate cases. One in Luzon and another time in Leyte. I am a dog person, but, to be honest. Did not bother me too much.

Oh, and another time in Angeles City. The guys in a club were making stew from some excess cats. Guess, they were too successful from ridding

the bar of rats. There offered me some. Although, I make it a habit of trying almost anything my host offers. Not this time.

Dogs,,, "Not just for Asians, anymore".

Of course, we have some Zombies cases here, eating who knows what...

Take with a grain of salt.

Regards,

dc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.