20 posts in this topic

Engagement:June 3,2011

Sent I-129F package -September 23,2011

NOA1-September 26,2011

NOA2- Approval notice February 10,2012

MNL CASE-February 22, 2012

Interview- April 16, 2012 VISA DENIED

under section 212(a)(4) & 221(g)

I wasn't working at that time I was going to school I was seventeen Im turning 18 this friday June 01,2012

& I just had our baby on december 9,2011 via Cesarean

But my mom & I had my brother co-sponser i asked the embassy if it was ok i wasn't working but i had a co-sponser

they said it was ok, I fill out all types of fiance visa also my brother too fill out the same thing i filled out which was

I-134 I-134A, I-864,I-864A etc... they said i can use Co-sponser if im still in school. the only option they gave us is to get married

or I can work & give montly pay stubbs. My fiance hasn't seen his daughter since her birth now she's turning 6 months.

What should i DO ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum; OP's situation may require country specific answers.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmm, sounds like insufficient funds on affidavit of support (which is NOT considered during the I-129F process at USCIS) and insufficient evidence during interview.

the other part I am trying to understand is you are (or were) 17 and a US Citizen? I can understand the CO asking LOTS of questions during the interview of the fiancee.

I understand your situation, but this is questionable grounds in the Philippines. Philippine law does not allow anyone to marry under the age of 18. You can marry someone under the age of 18 in the Philippines, but this is only by the Padre of a Parish (or church) agreeing to perform the ceremony under exigent circumstances (it benefits the girl and provides for a baby in which there is no family to assist the girl or the girl has been disowned by her family.) (a marriage under the age of 18 in the Philippines is RARE.)

Expect a very difficult road on your process. Your parents and you SHOULD plan on going to the Embassy in Manila to plead your case with the CO during the interview.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah I'm a bit confused too, is this person writing the petitioner? She's 17, just had a baby, and her fiance is the one living overseas? I guess that must be it. I'm so used to man bringing over women from the Philippines, at first I thought maybe SHE was in the Philippines trying to get here.

The codes seem to indicate 'missing paperwork' and that they suspect you cannot support your fiance, something you are required to be able to prove. Even though you got your brother to co-sponser, they must be concerned that either he doesn't make enough money, or that they suspect that with a baby also coming, he won't be able to support all three of you. I can't say I blame the CO for doubting it.

I agree you are going to have a very tough time, which is too bad. You might want to considering getting married first.

But sorry to hear it, it must be very hard with a young baby...

I don't know the process to appeal, but you should be careful not to just appeal under the same circumstances I would think. But did they tell you what documents you were missing?

Wishing you all the best luck.

Timeline

Also it says that 'sponsors signing the affidavit must be 18 years old'

Even with your brother co-sponsoring, maybe they denied you because you are 17 years old? If so, then perhaps you can make your case as soon as you turn 18.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Also it says that 'sponsors signing the affidavit must be 18 years old'

Even with your brother co-sponsoring, maybe they denied you because you are 17 years old? If so, then perhaps you can make your case as soon as you turn 18.

I'm gonna lean towards this age-bit, for now.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yeah I'm a bit confused too, is this person writing the petitioner? She's 17, just had a baby, and her fiance is the one living overseas? I guess that must be it. I'm so used to man bringing over women from the Philippines, at first I thought maybe SHE was in the Philippines trying to get here.

The codes seem to indicate 'missing paperwork' and that they suspect you cannot support your fiance, something you are required to be able to prove. Even though you got your brother to co-sponser, they must be concerned that either he doesn't make enough money, or that they suspect that with a baby also coming, he won't be able to support all three of you. I can't say I blame the CO for doubting it.

I agree you are going to have a very tough time, which is too bad. You might want to considering getting married first.

But sorry to hear it, it must be very hard with a young baby...

I don't know the process to appeal, but you should be careful not to just appeal under the same circumstances I would think. But did they tell you what documents you were missing?

Wishing you all the best luck.

-My brother had a good salary he was eligible i asked the embassy,my brother is 26 years old & been working for almost 10 years. Im 18 this friday, when they interviewed him they told him there is nothing wrong with the documents just the affidavit of support, Im working now i just started , After august i need to give them my 3 months pay stubbs ,I'm the petitioner.

they gave him a paper they said its temporary denial only but we were thinking that probably they just denied it for now because i was minor .hopefully i get a good news this coming weekend .Btw I am a US citizen

Timeline

OK well just to be clear, what do you mean they said the documents were OK just the affidavit of support? That is a document too. The code that they gave you was 1) that you were missing documents, and 2) they don't believe you can support your fiancé. So clearly they weren't happy about your brothers affidavit of support for some reason. If they told you it was temporary, then great.

OK well just to be clear, what do you mean they said the documents were OK just the affidavit of support? That is a document too. The code that they gave you was 1) that you were missing documents, and 2) they don't believe you can support your fiancé. So clearly they weren't happy about your brothers affidavit of support for some reason. If they told you it was temporary, then great.

I had to be the one who's supporting, I asked my fiance what they told him he said that the affidavit of support cannot have co-sponsor they said it has to be me who should be supporting him, unless if i give them 3 pay stubbs they can take my brother as my co-sponser ,they weren't explaining things clearly but hopefully when i give them the 3 pay stubbs hopefully they can do something then about my fiance's visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

op - did YOU submit an affadavit of support, that YOU signed, an I-134, or no ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

one other thing to consider is the age of consent to marry in your state of residence. Most states are now 18.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

It also states that the person signing the affidavit must be 18. At 17, I don't think the US will recognize you as legally old enough to sign that document. Maybe that was part of the problem.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had to be the one who's supporting, I asked my fiance what they told him he said that the affidavit of support cannot have co-sponsor they said it has to be me who should be supporting him, unless if i give them 3 pay stubbs they can take my brother as my co-sponser ,they weren't explaining things clearly but hopefully when i give them the 3 pay stubbs hopefully they can do something then about my fiance's visa.

Sounds like the embassy is willing to wait for three pay stubs and will review the visa application then. There is hope it what is sounds like to me.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

At age 17 you cannot enter into a legally binding contract. So you will need to sign a new I-134 dated after you turn 18. For an I-129F the CO has a lot of discretion to accept a co-sponsor or not. They also have discretion to accept your income or not. Even if they accept the co-sponsor, they still need you as a legal sponsor, and at 17 you could not sign legally sign the sponsorship form. Hopefully they will hold this long enough at the embassy for you to get the new I-134 to him and the pay stubs.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.