matt & wila

Interview Prep

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

I tried to look around a bit first, sorry if I'm missing something obvious. But is there guide that discusses K1 interview prep? It would be for Thailand if it makes any difference

I'm trying to decide quickly if I want to use a visa service or attempt on my own with VJ support. I'm confident once I get Wila I can AOS, etc. without professional assistance. But I up to that point I'm nervous, I don't do anything that will keep us apart any longer than need be and want make I can provide Wila with adequate support to handle vaccinations medical, interview prep successfully.

Thanks for reading,

matt

matt & wila

5/21/12 - proposed :)

7/16/12 - Express mailed I-129F packet

7/20/12 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Most people don't use a visa service. A lot of the time you end up paying 00's -000's for someone to file your papers and fill in boxes. If you have a difficult or complicated cause though, an attorney may be useful.

In regards to the interview (keep in mind it is a while away), you might want to ask in the thailand regional forum. They can probably tell you how difficult or easy that consulate is :) AND that might help with your decision(s).

Edited by BrittandDan

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I tried to look around a bit first, sorry if I'm missing something obvious. But is there guide that discusses K1 interview prep? It would be for Thailand if it makes any difference

I'm trying to decide quickly if I want to use a visa service or attempt on my own with VJ support. I'm confident once I get Wila I can AOS, etc. without professional assistance. But I up to that point I'm nervous, I don't do anything that will keep us apart any longer than need be and want make I can provide Wila with adequate support to handle vaccinations medical, interview prep successfully.

Thanks for reading,

matt

What you are missing is experiance. What you have to replace it is V J. Just relax,learn as you go & you will do fine. The last thing you need is a visa service. They provide almost nothing and add to the confusion as you filter everything thru them.

The work in doing this is in the documents understanding the process. Neither is that hard especially if you have some support. The decision about her visa is really made based on the docs being correct rather than the interview as long as there isnt anything out of the norm.

The packet 3 docs are fairly easy and you have many months to get them ready. See the 134 support form to begin to understand that part.

The medical is easy for her. She will need a police report later in the process so plan on that.

Send in the basic forms when your ready. Then sit back & relax while you learn how to do the next steps. There are many members here to help you along the way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What you are missing is experiance. What you have to replace it is V J. Just relax,learn as you go & you will do fine. The last thing you need is a visa service. They provide almost nothing and add to the confusion as you filter everything thru them.

The work in doing this is in the documents understanding the process. Neither is that hard especially if you have some support. The decision about her visa is really made based on the docs being correct rather than the interview as long as there isnt anything out of the norm.

The packet 3 docs are fairly easy and you have many months to get them ready. See the 134 support form to begin to understand that part.

The medical is easy for her. She will need a police report later in the process so plan on that.

Send in the basic forms when your ready. Then sit back & relax while you learn how to do the next steps. There are many members here to help you along the way.

Another great post from Ning. Follow the advice.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

Well, my wife is from the neighboring country Lao PDR. She had no clue in what she needs to do or even how to obtain all the documents the embassy needed so I had to hire a person from her village to do all the paper work for her. Even take her to her in for the medical which was done in Thailand. He was very professional and asked that she brought along a family member preferably a parent or grandparent. Set me back $1000 USD but he did good work, however little it was.

Edited by Isamu

08/05/2009 - Landed in VTE and greeted her at the airport.

09/02/2009 - Landed in MSP and started paperwork.

09/14/2009 - Sent in I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancee.

09/16/2009 - NOA1 Date.

09/21/2009 - NOA1 Hard copy received.

11/02/2009 - TOUCHED!

12/15/2009 - 129f Approval Notice!

12/22/2009 - NVC - IN

12/24/2009 - NVC - OUT

12/30/2009 - Embassy Received - Called Fiancee

01/06/2010 - Medical Done

06/21/2010 - Interview - APPROVED!

06/23/2010 - Visa in HAND!

06/27/2010 - POE - MSP!

11/01/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet

11/02/2010 - Delivered

11/15/2010 - NOA1

12/08/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

01/11/2011 - Perm. Resident Card (Conditional) ordered. - That was fast...

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

This site has proved helpful for many immigrating from Thailand

Usvisa4thai.com in Thai.

Thank you very much for this! VJ and it's members are an invaluable recource for me and the site you provided with all it's Thai language entries has helped to the same for Wila and she appears to be getting more confident about the process.

MUCH APPRECIATED!

matt & wila

5/21/12 - proposed :)

7/16/12 - Express mailed I-129F packet

7/20/12 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In general you don't need a visa service. But as some have noted, it can be incredibly overwhelming for the beneficiary sometimes. These are the times when spending the money for a reputable visa service (if there are some) might be worth it. Someone to hand-hold your fiance through the process in his/her home country.

The K1 process wasn't hard for me, but at times my fiance was a bit overwhelmed. I think as much as I tried to prepare her, she wasn't really appreciating just how long, or how much paperwork it would take. She was awesome, did everything needed, even if sometimes she didn't understand why it all seemed so complicated.

But I agree, VJ, and other sites, are great resources. I used them a lot when doing our K1 paperwork.

I had even contacted a really great immigration lawyer, who wouldn't charge me for my consult, and said to me 'Don't hire me. There is nothing here you can't do on your own. If you do hire me, I'd make you do all the gathering of paperwork anyway, so do it yourself, and then if you need to hire me, only do if you really have a problem'

I have been reading so many people here who HAD visa services, or lawyers, getting RFEs and/or denied.

This site can help answer all of your questions. Just ask away here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.